PDA

View Full Version : Xenon Group - False Advertising and Terrible Movies!

HuangKaiVun
06-12-2001, 08:49 PM
Why is it that so many dubbed HK videos from this group (Wu Tang Chess Boxing collection, Wu Tang Collection, etc. . .) have video covers that do not match the videos inside them?

I just picked up "Chess Boxing, The Next Level" with a picture of Mark Long ("The Ghost Faced Killer") on it. The back of the box says all sorts of stuff about how he appears with "a shaved head" and all this nonsense.

Too bad the movie didn't have any of that. Not once did a picture of the "Ghost Faced Killer" appear in the movie. Clearly this was a scam.

What other movies should I now know to avoid?

Jimbo
06-13-2001, 09:44 PM
Huang:
I've gotten some good movies from the Xenon category, but I've also learned to be VERY careful. Along with good stuff, they release a lot of crap. Especially when they market a whole series of movies based on a single popular theme (i.e., "Chess Boxing Collection"). I have one called "Drunken Arts and Crippled Fist" that IMO is pretty bad. It stars Li Yi Min...really, the only reason it's labeled "Chess Boxing Collection" is because he's in it. They did NOT cheat me with any incorrect photos on the back, as they are from the movie...but they do make the movie look better than it is.
Jim

greyseal
06-25-2001, 11:54 PM
Okay, you're right, they can have some cheesy movies. Why do they all have soul in the hole, or whatever that movie is called in the beginning of most of them?