PDA

View Full Version : for the purists....

junmo
04-24-2008, 03:40 AM
No dummy?....got tree, will train...:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDxZcfQ_bDA&feature=user

I can hear it already...but, but, but thats not Wing Chun....

LoneTiger108
04-24-2008, 04:02 AM
But, but, but that's... well... kinda familiar to me! :D

Nice to see we aint all crazy eh?! Hope you're training is going well...

sanjuro_ronin
04-24-2008, 04:15 AM
Abusing trees is very traditional, we've seen many do it, the likes of Oyama and Taira sensei of Okinawan goju, Adam Hsu and most Baji guys like to train their poles too :D

junmo
04-24-2008, 09:09 PM
Hey spencer,

Trainigns going great ...found a dummy supplier here who hand makes them super cheap....one of my training partners got kicked out of a local shanghai park a few weekes ago for "abusing" trees.....lol

HardWork8
04-25-2008, 02:06 AM
No dummy?....got tree, will train...:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDxZcfQ_bDA&feature=user

I can hear it already...but, but, but thats not Wing Chun....

Those Tai Chi men seemed to have good body unity and power.From the Wing Chun perspective, anything solid, upright and at least around one's own hight will do. This type of training is good for "distancing" and angling skills. If you can hit your "pole" then so much the better.

junmo
04-25-2008, 02:24 AM
Hardwork8....

...thats exactly why I liked it...training with LoneTiger 108 when i lived in London and some of my other Sihings there, we quite often drilled 3rd gate structure/unity against each other....now learning the WSL system in Shanghai, we use these same sort of shoulder/body contact in our controlling training....

LoneTiger108
04-25-2008, 02:32 AM
...thats exactly why I liked it...training with LoneTiger 108 when i lived in London and some of my other Sihings there...

Oi oi! Don't tell everyone you've trained with me or you'll get harrassed to see if I actually exist B!!!

So good to hear you're doing well with the WSL system. We have Seni tommorrow which should be good, and I've got a feeling that I'll be meeting a few more 'names'.

Re: The Wooden Man maker: keep his number!!! I've still got my Pagoda piece, and will be looking for developing a special 'mult-gym' version for us oldskool Jun Mo lads soon!

Keep well.

junmo
04-25-2008, 02:40 AM
aaaah Seni...that brings back memories......

let 'em hassle away...I got the dummy in my place now...funny thing is I still do the
Muy Fa Jong that Sifu joe does, as well as the leg drills you where talking about in one of your earlier chi gerk posts...Pete who we train with now is ultra cool...once you've learnt the pattern and drilled it....free expression...doesn't matter what order it comes in....

Have fun on the weekend...post some videos on you tube okay...

Cheers

HardWork8
04-25-2008, 03:38 AM
Hardwork8....

...thats exactly why I liked it...training with LoneTiger 108 when i lived in London and some of my other Sihings there, we quite often drilled 3rd gate structure/unity against each other....now learning the WSL system in Shanghai, we use these same sort of shoulder/body contact in our controlling training....

All good training for those extremely close range fights ;):)

LoneTiger108
04-25-2008, 08:14 AM
aaaah Seni...that brings back memories......

let 'em hassle away...I got the dummy in my place now...funny thing is I still do the
Muy Fa Jong that Sifu joe does, as well as the leg drills you where talking about in one of your earlier chi gerk posts...Pete who we train with now is ultra cool...once you've learnt the pattern and drilled it....free expression...doesn't matter what order it comes in....

Have fun on the weekend...post some videos on you tube okay...

Cheers

I'll see how the day goes and post some clips on our site if I get anything good. Last year was so boring, but at least this year there is a definite Wing Chun promotion with Alan Orrs Chisau Comp. I just hope it all goes well for them.

Pete sounds cool, and I hope you're being selective over who you show the Mui Faa too!! ;) Keep well bruv...