PDA

View Full Version : Fitness!!! ...uh...junk lol

David Jamieson
04-24-2008, 05:02 AM
http://www.cracked.com/article_16104_sticks-stools-7-random-objects-sold-as-exercise-machines.html

sanjuro_ronin
04-24-2008, 05:06 AM
Ah, such is the fitness industry.

A joke, a big, fat, stinky, joke, high in fat and low in function.

David Jamieson
04-24-2008, 05:11 AM
well, i wouldn't say that about the industry, just in regards to these lamo products that we keep seeing.

the real problem is people thinking that some device will solve their problems instead of taking it upon themselves to eat properly and exercise regularly and with some vigour.

But some of these products, and that article are a hoot to be sure.

sanjuro_ronin
04-24-2008, 05:16 AM
You're to kind to the industry.
Have you been to any fitness club lately?
Still preaching the same crap of 20 years ago.
The industry still tries to peddle silly machines, useless supplements, spot reduction, "results not typical" in fine print, etc, etc.

David Jamieson
04-24-2008, 05:49 AM
yep, I have no doubt there is a lot of molly coddling of fat chicks going on...lol, I am too mean in that statement despite it's accuracy.

But then there are some great places and some great fitness instruction to be had in many venues.

Look at that cross fit place down by the beaches. They turn out some wicked results. I have a friend who has been vigourously training with Ryan Shanahan and his results are amazing!

I went the Tony Horton route to step things up and it is all fitting in with kungfu practice nicely.

i think I'm getting addicted to the pain now. lol

sanjuro_ronin
04-24-2008, 05:58 AM
While I am not a fan of cross fit ( not because it doesn't work, but because it is nothing new) I do appreciate the results they get.

David Jamieson
04-24-2008, 06:07 AM
remember those Charles Atlas ads in the back of comic books (i don't know how old you are, I'm 44)

well, my friend is the guy who gets the sand kicked in his face and then makes the comeback. lol

that came out of cross fit.

and hey, is there really anything new out there? and does "new" equate to better?

Samurai Jack
04-24-2008, 07:53 AM
David: What Tony Horton thing have you been doing? Do you like it?

sanjuro_ronin
04-24-2008, 07:56 AM
remember those Charles Atlas ads in the back of comic books (i don't know how old you are, I'm 44)

well, my friend is the guy who gets the sand kicked in his face and then makes the comeback. lol

that came out of cross fit.

and hey, is there really anything new out there? and does "new" equate to better?

Yeah, I remember those adds, I am turning 39 this year, old man :D

David Jamieson
04-24-2008, 08:11 AM
David: What Tony Horton thing have you been doing? Do you like it?

I'm doing the P90X program. Like it? I love it man. It is really quite good and NOT boring. Although I gotta say, Horton is a bit of a yappy guy. But the routines are really well planned out.

I'm very results oriented in my training. No objective = no purpose to me.

xcakid
04-24-2008, 08:34 AM
Nothing beats the Meth head, Crack Coccaine, or Smack diet. I guarantee

BoulderDawg
04-24-2008, 10:35 AM
Interesting industry.

I recently saw the machine that Chuck Norris advertises on TV. I noticed they were giving a free two month trail. That's pretty impressive being that most people tend to lose interest within two months. I guess they believe that most buyers simply will forgot or not want the hassle of returning the machine.

With health clubs most of the instructors are there to sale not train. Many of them are not qualified to be instructors. Also I remember when there use to be a lot of independant clubs. Now it appears that only Gold's and a few other chains actually keep their gyms open.

Ultimately it's the same old story. People are looking for the magic pill of fitness and soon find out that to get there it's too much like work.

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-24-2008, 02:21 PM
you guys see the one thing where the turn the power of punching into the ultimate pushup.

Vash
04-24-2008, 08:05 PM
Supposing one had the designs for an easily marketable, somewhat effective piece of exercise crap, where would be the best place to begin the inevitable road to fortune?

David Jamieson
04-25-2008, 04:03 AM
Supposing one had the designs for an easily marketable, somewhat effective piece of exercise crap, where would be the best place to begin the inevitable road to fortune?

the shopping channel

sanjuro_ronin
04-25-2008, 04:08 AM
you guys see the one thing where the turn the power of punching into the ultimate pushup.

I have them, I can pump out 50 push up easy, but with those suckers it went down to 25, but after a few workouts it was climbing up again.
Adaptability is a biotch.

They are good though.

rogue
04-25-2008, 04:34 AM

It must be good because it was designed by a Navy SEAL, and we all know anything designed by a SEAL is almost as good as the super-duper stuff designed by those who have trained Navy SEALs.:D

sanjuro_ronin
04-25-2008, 04:43 AM
It must be good because it was designed by a Navy SEAL, and we all know anything designed by a SEAL is almost as good as the super-duper stuff designed by those who have trained Navy SEALs.:D

Great, now I have to use mine under water, just great !

David Jamieson
04-25-2008, 05:16 AM
Great, now I have to use mine under water, just great !

Well, only 80% of the time. :)