PDA

View Full Version : Guess we won't have any Blade movies for a while

xcakid
04-25-2008, 10:24 AM
Ole Wesley Snipes is going to the slammer.

Maybe they should spin off the franchise to Whistlers daughter. Jessica Biel is much more, shall we say, interesting to watch, doing martial arts anyways.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D909070G0&show_article=1

MasterKiller
04-25-2008, 10:28 AM
He's doing 1 year supervised release.

Hardly the slammer.

xcakid
04-25-2008, 11:37 AM
He's doing 1 year supervised release.

Hardly the slammer.

Huh? Press release says 3yrs in jail. :confused:

1bad65
04-25-2008, 11:54 AM
I heard 3 years as well.

His accountants got alot more time than he did.

bodhitree
04-25-2008, 11:57 AM
Huh? Press release says 3yrs in jail. :confused:

Everything I've read has said three years, despite his attorney's seeking a milder sentence:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24293961/?GT1=43001

1bad65
04-25-2008, 11:59 AM
I guess bringing in Woody Harrelson as a character witness wasn't such a bright idea.

bodhitree
04-25-2008, 11:59 AM
I guess bringing in Woody Harrelson as a character witness wasn't such a bright idea.

Mr. Legalize it himself:rolleyes:

xcakid
04-25-2008, 12:06 PM

Not if he was wearing his hemp suit and Birkenstocks smelling like a burnt leaf. :D

MasterKiller
04-25-2008, 12:07 PM
Snipes was acquitted in February of five additional charges, including felony tax fraud and conspiracy. Co-defendants Douglas P. Rosile and Eddie Ray Kahn were convicted on both those counts. Kahn, who refused to defend himself in court, was sentenced to 10 years, while Rosile received 54 months. Both will serve three years of supervised release. Snipes will serve one year of supervised release.
OK, so does this mean he does 3 years + 1 year of supervised release?

tattooedmonk
04-25-2008, 12:10 PM
No. He gets on year supervised , if he does well ,he does not have to do the other two. If he does not do well then he will be remanded to police custody and will have to finish out the 3 year term.I maybe mistaken.

bodhitree
04-25-2008, 12:12 PM

No. He gets on year supervised , if he does well ,he does not have to do the other two. If he does not do well then he will be remanded to police custody and will have to finish out the 3 year term.I maybe mistaken.

Where are the two of you getting this from? Just curious, you may very well be right.

1bad65
04-25-2008, 12:14 PM
On top of whatever time he got, what about fines and penalties? The IRS can be ruthless.

MasterKiller
04-25-2008, 12:16 PM
Where are the two of you getting this from? Just curious, you may very well be right.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2008-04-24-snipes_N.htm?csp=34

On top of whatever time he got, what about fines and penalties? The IRS can be ruthless He paid $5 million in cash on the $2.7 million he owed.

bodhitree
04-25-2008, 12:23 PM
I didn't see anything in the USA today about supervised release???

1bad65
04-25-2008, 12:25 PM
He paid $5 million in cash on the $2.7 million he owed.

That sounds like the IRS!

MasterKiller
04-25-2008, 12:43 PM
I didn't see anything in the USA today about supervised release???

That's where i got that quote from:

Snipes was acquitted in February of five additional charges, including felony tax fraud and conspiracy. Co-defendants Douglas P. Rosile and Eddie Ray Kahn were convicted on both those counts. Kahn, who refused to defend himself in court, was sentenced to 10 years, while Rosile received 54 months. Both will serve three years of supervised release. Snipes will serve one year of supervised release.

Shaolin Wookie
04-25-2008, 05:39 PM
So, is it a stretch to say this is a case in which a debtor is being tried and thrown into prison by the US Govt.?:D

1bad65
04-25-2008, 07:55 PM
So, is it a stretch to say this is a case in which a debtor is being tried and thrown into prison by the US Govt.?:D

A little bit. ;) A debtor usually refers to someone who is in debt to a 3rd party, not the Gov't.

Shaolin Wookie
04-25-2008, 08:09 PM
A little bit. ;) A debtor usually refers to someone who is in debt to a 3rd party, not the Gov't.

Oh, come on....LOL......:D.....he was in debt one way or another.;)

1bad65
04-25-2008, 08:25 PM
Oh, come on....LOL......:D.....he was in debt one way or another.;)

Got me there.

And for $2.3 million more than he was in the first place.

Shaolin Dude
04-25-2008, 10:01 PM
I think he is doing 3 years in prison and followed by 1 year supervised probation when he gets released

Shaolin Wookie
04-26-2008, 06:01 AM
That's my understanding of the law. But then again, you saw what happened to Paris....LOL.....she got out because she had a tummy ache and her hair was mussed from the hard pillows in prison whereas the rest of us would have been ****ed from go and served full sentence and then some.

But then again, Snipes is an African American, and if the American justice system has anything to say about it, it'll be full sentence--(it's like their revenge for OJ). Plus, it's the IRS. If ever there was a Satanic Cult that thrived on vengeance, it's the IRS.

1bad65
04-26-2008, 08:07 AM
Hilton got sent back by the judge though. The judge was close to having the sheriff who released her charged with defying a judge's order. She did end up serving the time she was sentenced to.

I think Snipes is gonna do time, not because of race though. He is famous, he did not even file returns for 3 years, and he owed like $2.7 million. That's why he is in trouble. And remember, his accountants got more time than he did.

xcakid
04-28-2008, 06:15 AM
I'd like to do Paris in her 3rd input. :D .......ooppsss, did I say that out loud. :o

David Jamieson
04-28-2008, 06:39 AM
I don't know if this thread is a symptom or a result of a "distracted by the unimportant" stream that comes outta the tv.
I mean honestly, who really gives a **** about wesley snipe's legal wrangles. does it effect anyone here?

This is about as important as paris hilton's ho ho dilly.

1bad65
04-28-2008, 07:41 AM
I don't know if this thread is a symptom or a result of a "distracted by the unimportant" stream that comes outta the tv.
I mean honestly, who really gives a **** about wesley snipe's legal wrangles. does it effect anyone here?

I'm not one of those morons who watches TMZ and ET all the time, but IMO it does show if you don't pay your taxes you will get fined and do time, no matter who or how famous you are.

David Jamieson
04-28-2008, 06:23 PM
I'm not one of those morons who watches TMZ and ET all the time, but IMO it does show if you don't pay your taxes you will get fined and do time, no matter who or how famous you are.

I already knew that.

Some people (along with wesley snipes apparently) seem to disagree that you will go to prison for failure to pay taxes. Which no matter how you tart it up is debtors prison.

something that should be abolished by rule of law. Make claim like everyone else with the same recourse.

1bad65
04-28-2008, 09:01 PM
Some people (along with wesley snipes apparently) seem to disagree that you will go to prison for failure to pay taxes. Which no matter how you tart it up is debtors prison.

I'm no fan of the IRS and frankly I'm all for abolishing the income tax all together, but it's not like debtor's prison. Debtors prison would be if they put these idiots who signed stupid mortages and/or ran up credit card debt and could pay into prison.

Do you consider the jailing of those who fail to pay traffic fines (including DWIs) as being put into debtors prison?

David Jamieson
04-29-2008, 04:33 AM
I'm no fan of the IRS and frankly I'm all for abolishing the income tax all together, but it's not like debtor's prison. Debtors prison would be if they put these idiots who signed stupid mortages and/or ran up credit card debt and could pay into prison.

Do you consider the jailing of those who fail to pay traffic fines (including DWIs) as being put into debtors prison?

for the government it is ok but for private business to not get their day in court or for the consumer to not be allowed his is just bad form and grand semantics when it comes to teh meat and potatoes of it.

legally maneuvering around the debt until you call it something else by proxy is just scumbaggery and douchery in action.

bodhitree
04-29-2008, 04:58 AM
Wesley Snipes didn't just fail to pay taxes, he didn't even fill out the tax forms (required by law). Yes, it seems like a victimless crime, but had he made the effort to fill out the form and could not pay in full he would not be going to prison. Even if he filed with mistakes (or fraud) he probably wouldn't be in this position today.