PDA

View Full Version : Sports Science: Sex Before a Fight

TaichiMantis
04-25-2008, 10:39 AM
I saw this episode :cool:

"Ex-heavyweight boxing champ Chris Byrd had volunteered for the sex experiment after years of arguing with his father over appropriate behavior the night before a fight. After a night's romp with his wife, discreetly out of camera range, Byrd demonstrated more punching power than he did after abstaining from sex for several nights—and actually boasted a higher testosterone level, too"

BWHAHAHAHA!:D

sanjuro_ronin
04-25-2008, 10:43 AM
I saw this episode :cool:

"Ex-heavyweight boxing champ Chris Byrd had volunteered for the sex experiment after years of arguing with his father over appropriate behavior the night before a fight. After a night's romp with his wife, discreetly out of camera range, Byrd demonstrated more punching power than he did after abstaining from sex for several nights—and actually boasted a higher testosterone level, too"

BWHAHAHAHA!:D

SWEEETT !!!!
:p

Zenshiite
04-26-2008, 01:44 PM
So the Taoists, and Muhammad Ali, were wrong all along.

冠木侍
04-27-2008, 03:32 PM
I believe that this was a myth that was disproved before. Don't remember what show it was, but the premise for this topic was that athletes should abstain from sexual activity before a big game. Why? So they don't tire themselves out. Well, they had some doctor speak and say that their was no correlation between this and performance on game day. The exact verbiage escapes me at the moment.

But I haven't seen this show yet....

**Addendum
Here it is. The show was Manswers on Spike TV.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syRMDvtW6hM

I don't know how accurate this show is in general but it was entertaining.

Blacktiger
04-28-2008, 12:18 AM
My Master is of the opinion that if you dont release you become like a stale pond.

:D

Im happy to go with that....

Egg fu young
04-28-2008, 03:36 AM
I had sex during a fight once. Stupid mount.............:mad:

sanjuro_ronin
04-28-2008, 04:25 AM
It was never really about Sex, the old "women weaken legs" thing was mostly a warning about "skirt chasing", spending your time chasing girls means you don't spend it training.
At least that was what I was told by a few different boxing coaches.