PDA

View Full Version : CLF is becoming as bad as hung gar ...

Laukarbo
04-25-2008, 09:59 PM
CLFNole :CLF is becoming as bad as hung gar with all the politics
Peace

Didnt want to hijack this thread about CLF lineages so made a new one..

CLFNole could u eleborate on this ?

In my opinion this is not even half as bad as people trying to make it..
I just speak for my generation but I was able to train in HK in a public park (kowloon park) with Lam family,chiu family members all together..there were no boundaries and no politics just sharing...i could easily name 5 to 6 hung kuen teacher from different lineages that I consider friends if not brothers ..since i hate name dropping I wont tell their names but Im sure u would know them..
there are no real wars between different Hung Gar lineages..maybe some teacher have/had beef but sorry your statement about hung gar i find a little over the top..
Its all good though I just say that with a smile and no bad intentions..u know sometimes written words can be missleading..
just thought I cant let that stay like that

peace

Asmo
04-26-2008, 01:13 AM
Hung Ga Yat Ga (http://www.hungkyun.com/) :)

I agree with Franky here. Been to HK/China earlier this year where we met HG players from other lineages and invited to train along. Later this summer I'll be visiting a Lam family sifu while I'm from Chiu family. This sharing is pretty common these days, I hear it from other family members as well.

So much more fun learning from each other :)

PM
04-26-2008, 01:52 AM
"All Hung Kyun Branches are One Family" is not just empty slogan. i am happy and proud to have many friends from various families and branches.

CLFNole
04-26-2008, 07:53 AM
I kind of meant it as a joke but it is not secret that several years back on this forum the was some kind of big hung gar lineage thing. Glad to see it is over. No offense meant. :) I should have probably worded it differently but I was just trying to make a point with the person I was talking with.

In truth CLF is much the same, as generally most people get along. The forums can make it look differently sometimes.

nospam
04-26-2008, 08:59 AM
CLF is becoming as bad as hung gar ..hell no. CLF has always been much better than Hung Gar.

nospam
:cool:

ginosifu
04-26-2008, 09:51 AM
Here in the USA, I have not seen any animosity between Hung gar Schools. We are Lam Tsai Wing Lineage and the Tang Fang guys out of New York are always great hosts and good people.
I have not heard or seen any disputes between Hung gar Clans?

Ginosifu :p

David Jamieson
04-26-2008, 11:45 AM
looks like a case of trying to start a fire where there isn't one?

bored or something?

lol

Yao Sing
04-26-2008, 03:51 PM
He must have meant Wing Chun. Yeah, that's was it, he meant Wing Chun.

nospam
04-26-2008, 04:04 PM
..ya I was up xTra early :)

nospam
:cool:

Laukarbo
04-26-2008, 10:51 PM
looks like a case of trying to start a fire where there isn't one?

bored or something?

lol

in case u meant me the answer is NO.... lol:rolleyes:

Hey CLF Nole,

I understand and again didnt mean to "start" anything...
just couldnt let that stay like that..and well there are always flame wars on internet forums..but forums doesnt reflect the real world does they?
Goodness there are always arguments but all in all I find hung gar does have quite a clear history easy to trace back and all the different lineages more or less agree on its history..
anyway peace

CLFNole
04-27-2008, 09:00 AM
Laukarbo:

Not to make a mountain out of an anthole but the incident I was referring to had to deal with different prominent families issuing statements and the like. As a non-hung gar person I didn't follow it closely but I think it had to do with who followed who or something like that. It might not have involved you lineage (I don't recall yout sigungs name ever being mentioned).

It wasn't just a flame war or at least it didn't appear to be one and seemed a bit bigger. I guess things died down but it did happen.

Peace.