PDA

View Full Version : Legend of Drunken Master

Valraven
04-10-2001, 03:24 PM
I just rentaed this movie for the first time.
This has got to have the best fight scenes I've seen. Jackie Chan is the Master.
I will have to own this one.

wushutiger
04-10-2001, 03:51 PM
Though I agree with you that jackie chan is good, he is good as a stunt man. Jackie chan was originally a stunt man, and that is his main goal in his movies. If I want to see real martial arts in action, I would watch a Jet Li movie.

NorthernMantis
04-10-2001, 04:15 PM
Jet is good but Jackie has had traditional training in a few different styles.Jet's good but I get tired of him flying around the screen and not throwing a new tecnique evry now and then.Don't get me wrong jet is awesome but his american movies haven't been too good lately.I want him to do another wong fei hung move again.

"Always be ready"

RENEGADE_MONK
04-10-2001, 04:47 PM
wushutiger

Jackie's training started in the Peking Opera along with Yuen Biao, and Sammo Hung learning KUNGFU, gymnastics, and theatre not stuntwork there where no stunt schools in the 60's,

Valraven
04-10-2001, 07:03 PM
And can you name another movie that has ground fighting scenes (as in fighting off the ground, not grappling)that are as dynamic and martial in nature. Jackie is a magician.

wushutiger
04-10-2001, 07:23 PM
I'm not saying that jackie chan is a full stunt man. I am plainly saying that he became who and what he is today because of his stunts. He is smart like that. There are already so many martial artists, what would make him stand out? his STUNTS. That is what I mean

GreyMystik
04-10-2001, 07:32 PM
they are both incredible on-screen. Jet Li is crisp and blindingly fast, and i'd have to say Jackie Chan takes the cake for creativity...the guy uses his entire environment to fight!

Budokan
04-10-2001, 08:45 PM
I like Jackie Chan, but do any of you guys ever think his style of comedy (a la Harold Lloyd) is a little tiring? I think it sometimes detracts from the overall effectiveness of the movie, but that's just me.

K. Mark Hoover

ansgenius1
04-11-2001, 04:26 AM
Jackie Chan's best fight scene would have to be in the movie Wheels on Meals against Benny "the Jet" Urquidez. If you thought the fight scenes in Drunken Master II (Legend of Drunken Master for American viewers) was good, then check out the fight scene in Wheels on Meals.

jethro
02-19-2006, 04:28 PM
other than anita mui, 1 is better in every aspect.

Hatsuyuki
02-21-2006, 04:01 PM
This has got to have the best fight scenes I've seen. Jackie Chan is the Master.
I will have to own this one.

Just thought I'd ask here... A friend of mine and I have a long standing debate about Jackie's "Drunken Boxing" and it's relationship to Zui Quan, if any. Can anyone comfirm if these scenes have any realism to them?