PDA

View Full Version : Mt Song - walk Shaolin

Blacktiger
04-30-2008, 08:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWPPYsc-zpo

This is a new Liu He mantis clip that Master Liu did on the walk up Mt Song in Shaolin.

There is some footage of the mountains etc at the end of the clip.

I thought I would post it as it gives you an idea of what a crazy walk it is....

:D

shadowlin
05-10-2008, 08:54 PM
No one else has said anything, so I will say, "Thank you."

CoolHead
05-22-2008, 11:19 AM
Now that form is a "butt-kicker." I thought Liu He was much older than Mantis- This is the first time I have seen the two mentioned together, and this form is very authentic- Could you give some background on this? Was this an integration like Jow Ga? Beautiful form, Beautiful landscape!

Blacktiger
05-26-2008, 12:17 AM
Now that form is a "butt-kicker." I thought Liu He was much older than Mantis- This is the first time I have seen the two mentioned together, and this form is very authentic- Could you give some background on this? Was this an integration like Jow Ga? Beautiful form, Beautiful landscape!

Hi there

Cant tell you about the age or integration but essentially Liu He Mantis is a more stripped backed style of mantis with alot of the monkey stepping taken out. Comes from the Shandong region I think. I have heard from various masters that if you want to fight then Liu Mantis is the one.

If you want more accurate info I would suggest checking with the crew on the mantis forum.

I posted a clip of Master Han a great Liu He Mantis practitioner who I have trained with a few times -check him out on the Mantis forum.

Sorry I cant give you any further info -glad you enjoyed the clip!:D