PDA

View Full Version : New Kulo Boxing Site

Jim Roselando
05-06-2008, 07:02 AM
Hello all,

www.apricotforesthall.com

Welcome to our new site! Apricot Forest Hall is devoted to the art and history of Ku Lo village Boxing and our medical Qigong training. Over the years very little information has been written by the practitioners of Leung Jan’s Side Body Kung Fu family. Our site offers the first ever book approved for publication by the Fung family. Our Kulo eBook is not only a historical survey of Ku Lo village loaded with photos and never before heard family information! Our eBook contains interviews with GM Fung Chun & Master Henry Mui! A true collectable for any Wing Chun practitioner regardless of lineage!

We have also released for the first time Part one, and Part two, of the late Sifu Fung Sang old interview. To the best of our knowledge Part two has never been shared on the internet. With deep sadness, Sifu Fung Sang passed away not long ago. A true lover, and historian of Wing Chun pai, is no longer with us. Out of respect for Sifu Fung Sang we have decided to share his interview with the public. In our opinion, it is the most authentic article (info) ever published by a Fung on his families art. R.I.P. Sifu Fung Sang!

Welcome to www.apricotforesthall.com! Sign up for our Auto-Responder for regular updates on products and much Qigong/Meditation/Health tips! Any feedback is always appreciated! Please send all comments to info@apricotforesthall.com! Enjoy the site and respect to Wing Chun Pai!

:)

Peace,

sanjuro_ronin
05-06-2008, 07:10 AM
Thanks for the info Jim.

CFT
05-06-2008, 07:42 AM
Thanks Jim. Can you give us a brief description of what the book is about? From the table of contents it seems to be more about history and lineage rather than a technical description of Kulo Wing chun kuen.

Just 1st impressions. Unless the chapter "About Kulo Wing Chun" comprises the larger part of the ebook.

EDIT: Doh! Never mind, I just read the ebook homepage. It is largely historical/lineage material.

---------------------
Best wishes,
Chee.

KPM
05-06-2008, 07:58 AM
Hey Jim!

The site looks great! Congrats on the launch of your new project!

Jim Roselando
05-06-2008, 08:00 AM
Hello,

Thanks for checking out the site!

The Kulo eBook is not a technical book or "training manual" for Side Body Boxing. It is a historical survey of the place, people, and all kinds of stuff. If you are looking for a book that will teach you Side Body movements and principles then you can find some "principles" in Sifu Fung Sang's articles.

We did not want to put another book out on Pak Da, Tan Da etc. since its all pretty much the same when you look at a still picture. If you want to know about Kulo village art then this book will be a great addition to your collection.

I have to run. Thanks for the feedback!

Dale Dugas
05-06-2008, 08:03 AM
Brother,

Great site!!

Look forward to seeing more from you and those Mook Jong!1

Be well,

Dale

Jim Roselando
05-06-2008, 08:08 AM
Brother Dale!

Glad you like the site! Will keep ya posted on the Jong's! That is our next project. Actually, RDH is just waiting on me for this one! I have been holding back on getting them but will keep ya posted!

Hope your class is going well!

Thank again!

Jim Roselando
05-07-2008, 04:41 AM
Hello,

Many people are asking about the Kulo eBook. No, its not a book teaching techniques. Its more of a "Meet the Family" intro to the village with a lot of different Kulo info. in it. If you are looking for a book to teach side body wc techniques then this will not be for you. If you are a WC junky and love to read about different systems, history and places then you will enjoy adding this to your collection. Lot's of never before seen pictures from Leung Jan's home etc..

http://www.apricotforesthall.com/ebook.html

Gotta run!

VingDragon
05-08-2008, 06:54 PM
hey Jim,
congrats - its very interesting page. finaly there is some more info about Ku Lo method. thanks for posting the link.

Jim Roselando
05-09-2008, 03:48 AM
Derek!

Many thanks for checking out the site. I always appreciate all feedback!

I am looking forward to your Weng Chun DVD. Keep up the research and keep sharing!