PDA

View Full Version : So I Started Smart Commuting to Work...

MightyB
05-08-2008, 08:46 AM
It's not that I want to save the world, it's just that I'd be d@mned before I'll pay $4 a gallon to drive to a place that I don't even want to go to everyday.

So I broke down and bought a cheap mountain bike for the daily commute.

At least one good thing will come out of the outrageous gas prices... I think Al Gore's involved somehow...

WinterPalm
05-08-2008, 12:15 PM
Good job buddy.

Soon more and more people will start biking, getting healthier, saving money, and promoting the decline of the oil industry.

RD'S Alias - 1A
05-08-2008, 12:39 PM
For the answer to all our energy and environmental problems, see my sig.

WinterPalm
05-08-2008, 12:46 PM
We'll always use oil for one thing or another. It is an excellent product with many uses...just some we've come to depend on way too much.
Wind and water also provide electricity and could be made to do so much more.

RD'S Alias - 1A
05-08-2008, 12:51 PM
Good luck with that. The oil industry isn't going anywhere.

A small list of items made by the petroleum industry.
http://www.ranken-energy.com/Products%20from%20Petroleum.htm

And gues what RD, your solar panels are made using plastic also, and produce a huge amount of environmental waste during production. And an electric car still runs on electricity, which is usually produced by burning coal or oil, and would still require, paint (oil), oil (oil), tranny fluid (oil), plastic (oil), rubber (oil). Etc. etc. etc.

If you've read DUNE, you know where this is going. Oil is our SPICE.

Not that riding a bike is a bad thing, I am doing it too.

Reply]
Sure, but we use oil for all that stuff now too. If we get rid of it's use for fuel, we still cut crude oil consumption by a SERIOUS amount. with the power generated by the spray on solar collector. It would be a car powered by it's own paint!

Just not having to ever fill up, or plug in would make it worth it in my book!

Also, the tesla motor car can be recharged in 3-1/2 hours. Most people work 8 hours while thier car just sits out in the company lot. If you had one painted with the spray on Solar collector you would leaver work every day fully charged for free and not have done anything but what you do now.