PDA

View Full Version : Movie Charactor Showdown V2.0

Design Sifu
05-16-2001, 10:21 PM
In the spirit of the Fantasy Movie Competition floating around, I'm posting these 8 bouts. The Same rules apply:

Whoever gets 5 votes first or the most votes within a 24-ish hour period wins . . . they must then face the winner of the next bout & so on untill There is only ONE!!!

This Champion should then face the Champ of the previous thred . . . and so on!!!

DING ding DING Let the Game's begin!!!
------------------------------------------------

FIGHT CLUB's Tylor Durden vs. PULP FICTION's Bruce Willis

Batman vs.Black Mask

Enter the Dragon's Bruce Lee vs. Fist of Legend's Jet Li

Highlander vs. CrouchingTiger's Chow Yun Fat

Walker Texas Ranger vs. Kane, Kungfu the legend Continues

X-Men's Wolverine vs. UNBREAKABLE's David Dun/Bruce Willis

Rambo vs. Hard Boiled

CROUCHING TIGER's Micheal Yeoh vs. Charlie's Angles

okay . .. it's not all martial artists but what a slug-fest these would be!!!!
:D :cool: :D

Chang Style Novice
05-17-2001, 03:54 PM
FC's Tyler Durden, more or less like Neo in the other tourney, is a figment of the imagination! This makes him an automatic loser, as I see it. But even so, Bruce Willis in PF wouldn't go down in a fixed fight and apparently knows a little something about handling a sword, too. Bruce gets medieval for the win.

Batman is a longtime sentimental favorite for me (when I was a kid, I went through a stage when I wouldn't answer to my name - you had to call me Batman!) but I always hated the way he fought in the movies. Black Mask is a cyborg supersoldier, not a spoiled rich kid with revenge fantasies. Black Mask for the win.

Best of the prelim bouts here! Personally, I would've made it Bruce Lee's Chen Chen (from Chinese Connection) vs. Jet Li's Chen Chen, but we might've ended up with an Evil Deadesque scenario with two minds trying to control one body if that happened. Anyway, it would be a long, tough fight. But once Bruce tastes his own blood, well Jet Li is just gonna have to learn to enjoy suffering. Winner the Dragon!

okay, I'm running out of time; no more stories, just votes

Chow Yun Fat in CTHD
Kane
pass (haven't seen Unbreakable)
Chow Yun Fat in HB
pass (haven't seen Charlie's Angels) but is it fair to go 3 on one? You should throw in Zhang Ziyi and Jade Fox to make it more even

Radhnoti
05-17-2001, 04:50 PM
Bruce Willis.
Batman (he never loses if it counts).
Bruce Lee (I mean, c'mon...he's BRUCE LEE!)
Highlander (either Duncan OR Connor) they'd just keep getting up since Chow Yun Fat wouldn't know the whole chop off the head trick.
Kane, let's see Walker pick up a huge red hot iron brazier and move it while it burns a tattoo on his arms!
Pass, never seen unbreakable.
Pass, who is Hard Boiled?
Charlie's Angels...3 on 1, and the three live in the age of guns.

-Radhnoti

dwid
05-17-2001, 05:19 PM
Alright, I'm gonna suspend disbelief here- so it doesn't matter that Tyler Durden is a phantom... these are all fictional characters.

That said, I can't imagine a scenario where Tyler would win. All he has going for him is toughness and craziness. My man Bruce has all that and is a professional boxer who killed a man with his bare hands. Nuff said, Bruce wins.

If we're talking Frank Miller's Dark Knight, my vote goes to Batman. Otherwise, Black Mask.

Fist of Legend's Jet Li beat like a whole school of karateka. My vote goes to him.

Chow Yun Fat would probably accidentally discover highlander's weakness from hacking him apart many, many times. Anyway, all that "there can be only one" stuff will sound a little silly coming from a guy with no arms and legs.

It's not really fair putting old man Kane (in legend continues he's a senior citizen) against younger Walker. That said, the clumsy brute that Walker is, Kane would overcome him with softness and kung-fu magic (have you ever seen the show, I think he has like pyrokinesis in one of the episodes).

David Dun is only extraordinary because he's the only superhero around. Wolverine would take him apart. Unbreakable when faced with adamantium claws - I don't think so.

If we're talking Chow Yun Fat's character in Hard Boiled, it's a tough call. Rambo would come in with an M-60, making Fat's use of the environment to get out of the way of bullets a moot point. My vote goes to Rambo.

One at a time, Yeoh would slay the angels. All at once, I hope they'd all find some mud to wrestle in, but anyway, they'd subdue Yeoh.

Fish of Fury
05-19-2001, 12:57 PM
some great matches...

Bruce
Batman (he rocks!)
Bruce (grudgingly..and only if he doesn't concentrate on the finger)
Kane (but definitely only the character cos carradine sux)
Wolverine
are we talking chow yun fat here?if so,he wins
Michelle (but lucy is cuter)

__________________________________________________ _________________________ "I never drive faster than i can see...other than that...it's all in the reflexes" Jack Burton

NorthernMantis
05-19-2001, 09:48 PM
I can't believe no one has mentioned Liu Chia Hui (Gordon Liu) yet!I'd like to see him againts Jackie Chan! :D

"Always be ready"

Design Sifu
05-21-2001, 10:36 PM
What a Slug Fest!!!

Bruce Willis beats Tylor Durden hands down!!!

An unpresidented match here as The Dark Knight BATMAN ties the Cyborg Super Soldier turned Superhero BLACKMASK!!! Both move on to the next round . . . perhaps they will meet again!!!

it's fast & furious but The DRAGON wins!!!

Chow Yun Fat proves that even 1000 years of training isn't enough against his Green Sword of Destiny!!!

Here's on for the seniors as Kane whups Walker Texas Ranger like flies on a horse's @$$!!!

Wolverine demonstraits that David Dune may be Unbreakable but certainly NOT uncutable!!!

Amidst a hail of Bullets Rambo meets on right between the eyes, Hardboiled's Chow Yun Fat win's again!!!

Oh the humiliation!!! the MUD!!! The T the A!!! Charlie's Angels Gangbang Michelle Yaoh and every male witness comes out the winner!!! :eek:

ROUND TWO:

Pulp Fiction's Bruce Willis vs BATMAN

Black Mask vs Bruce Enter The Dragon Lee

CTHD's Chow Yun Fat (anyone recall his charactor's name?) vs Kwai Chan Kane (or however you sell it)

Wolverine- sit's this round out, was busy getting a brew when the weigh in happend.

Hardboiled's Chow Yun Fat vs Charlie's Angels --- well I was going to pit them against Kane or Wolverine but thought better or it. ;) Wolverine faces of vs the winner of this bout before moving up to round 3!!!

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

Radhnoti
05-22-2001, 07:31 AM
Batman. If you've read the comic, you know that NO ONE can beat him twice (honestly, I've read that D.C. has made that a rule!)...and once is just shy of a miracle. Some two bit boxer has no chance.
Black Mask. Bruce Lee in Enter the Dragon was a bad dude...but Black Mask is a super soldier.
Kane. One episode I saw him make a hundred duplicates of himself...and all of them hit the bad guy. He dimension hops all the time, including time travel (he taught the Shaolin monks how to fight in one episode, raising paradox questions in my mind).
Charlie's Angels. Drew could lift her shirt like she did on Letterman. Lucy comes in with a flying side kick, knocking Chow Yun Fat into a staring contest with Cameron Diaz. He can't stop looking into her big blue eyes, and Drew smacks him from behind with a 2X4. Lucy finishes painting her nails and asks, "Who's next?"

-Radhnoti

Design Sifu
05-22-2001, 10:03 PM
I can hear Woverine sharpening his Claws!!!

Could it be that BATMAN & BLACK MASK will meet again???

Is Chow Yun FAT truely out classed? Twice???

Does Drew Barrymore REALLY think she's all that???

Will it take a supersoilder to beat the DRAGON??

Can there ever be a Batman movie as cool as the comic charactor???

These questions and more remain to be answered HERE, as the Slugfest continues!!!!

REMEMBER:
at least here, your vote DOES count!!! ;)

dwid
05-28-2001, 04:22 PM
Bruce Willis vs. Batman is no contest. Batman would destroy him.

Black Mask vs. Bruce Lee... Black Mask would dominate.

Chow Yun Fat vs. Kane... Kane, drained from drawing upon his supernatural resources to defeat Walker in round one slips up and is cut down in round two by the mystical green destiny. Kane loses.

Chow Yun Fat vs. Charlie's Angels. I don't think he'd have the heart to pop them. Anyway, being used to more obvious threats, he may overlook the danger of the angels until it is too late. I'll give this one to the angels.

Fish of Fury
05-30-2001, 02:24 AM
BATMAN
bruce
chow yun fat
the angels

__________________________________________________ _________________________ "I never drive faster than i can see...other than that...it's all in the reflexes" Jack Burton

Design Sifu
05-30-2001, 10:42 PM
Well . . . Before we set up round 3 it's pretty Clear that Hard Boiled's Chow Yun-fat won't survive the combined efforts of an Angel's style Gang Bang.

SO with Chow out of the picture . . . Wolverine steps in.

[i]Can Charlie's Angels hope to survive the Adamantium Claws, Mutant Healing Factor & Berzerker Rage of X-men's Wolverine???

Anyone care to Vote on this one??? :D

dwid
05-31-2001, 03:17 PM
Those poor angels. Wolverine b!tch slaps them down. They don't stand a chance.

Fish of Fury
06-01-2001, 10:28 AM
i've gotta go with wolverine
i want an adamantium skeleton!

Design Sifu
06-03-2001, 10:12 PM
Alright . . . it's been a big bloody mess!

with the tragic upset of Bruce Enter the Dragon Lee loosing to Black Mask.

& the titilating antics of Charlie's Angles' final fall we close in on the closing round.

BATMAN vs. Black Mask: They've faced off before to a draw. Will the Dark Knight have used this time to find the Cyborg Super Soilder's weakness? Will Black Mask continue to dominate these competitions?

CTHD'sChow Yun Fat vs. X-MEN's Wolverine:
Having only just beaten the Shaolin Mystic Kane, can the weilder of the Green Sword of Destiney continue his success against the Adamantium Clawed mutant Wolverine? Will his Mutant healing factor & berzerker's rage enable Wolverine stand up to CYF's deft swordmanship and nearly magicial weapon???

as alway . . . the answer's lie in your votes!!! :D

dwid
06-04-2001, 03:38 PM
Batman vs. Black Mask: Technology vs. genetics. My vote goes to Black Mask. I just can't envision a scenario where Batman would win.

Wolverine vs. Chow Yun Fat: In the old "What if..." Marvel series, Wolverine fought Conan the Barbarian, and Conan cut his neck down to the adamantium vertabra. The arteries in his neck closed due to his healing factor before the blood flow resumed, sending him into insane rage when he finally awoke. I think Chow Yun Fat may be more of a traditional swordsman than Conan, but I can envision a similar scenario. Fat would retain his composure while Wolverine would likely get angrier and angrier. While it is unlikely that Fat would kill Wolverine, I think he would win the fight.

Fish of Fury
06-04-2001, 06:14 PM
BATMAN
wolverine

Radhnoti
06-04-2001, 06:30 PM
Batman. He's too **** smart to lose.
Wolverine. He's too **** tough to lose.

If they square off, it'll be brains vs. brawn. :D

-Radhnoti

Design Sifu
06-14-2001, 09:26 PM
Having faced the super soldier before, the Dark Knight Detective enters this bout prepared. The Hacking of top secret documents detailing Black Mask's origins is child's play, the composition of a psycologicial profile; even easier.
Batman acts quickly with an unpresidented manuver; conversation. Before a fist can even be thrown Black Mask is engrossed in a riviting dialogue ranging from Chess, martial arts, philosophy and the meaning of life. Black Mask has finally found someone who seems to truely understand his own vision and obsessions.
Eventually the conversation comes full circle and the topic of their bout is again at hand. This is when BATMAN delivers the Killing blow. Observing how this whole competition contradicts Black Mask's quest for a peaceful life, he offers the solution. Forfeit, by choosing to loose Black Mask will prove to have transended his own base nature and engineered purpose, thus winning by loosing.

The Victor: BATMAN

Design Sifu
06-14-2001, 09:52 PM
The Battle of Blades is fast and furious. Leu Bei (Chow Yun fat) demonstraits his Wudang mastery from the onset of this match. As the Bout continues he realises any attempt to subdue Wolverine proves to be fruitless.Virtually impervious to pain Wolverine's mutant regenerative abilities reveal itself as the numerious cuts and stabs delivered by the Sword of Green Destiney heal almost instantly.
Growing fatigued by the perpetual onslaught of 6 Adamantium claws Lui Bei adjusts his strategy. Having faced the immortal Highlander earlier, Lui Bei desides he must sever a limb if he is to stop Wolverine's berzerker assault. Here, the Sword of Green Destiney becomes Leu Bei's downfall.
With a flick of a wrist the Green Destiney cleeves into Wolverine's arm, and stops. Wolverine's Adamantium laced skeleton keeps the blade from severing his arm, while the Razor thin wound heals immedately hold the blade in place. It takes but a moment for Leu Bei to pull his sword free, but that moment was one moment too many. With one swing Wolverine rakes his free hand across Leu Bei's body . . .

The Victor: Wolverine
-------------------------------------------------

NEXT
Brains vs. Brawn

BATMAN vs. WOLVERINE

Who will win???

blur
06-17-2001, 09:12 PM
I want to start by saying this has been an old childhood fight fantasy that has lead to many many arguments. There is one issue I can not resolve:

Batman is highly intelligent, extremely observant, well-trained in fighting skills, in great physical condition in any age, has valuable experiences, and most of all IS A FREAKIN' MILLIONARE WHO OWNS A COMPANY THAT ALSO PRODUCES AND RESEARCHES STATE OF THE ART MILITARY TECHNOLOGY!!!!

Assuming all this, I believe Batman could easliy obtain and implement the technology necessary to stop Wolverine....

one giant magnet!

Winner:Batman

Radhnoti
06-18-2001, 07:07 PM
I believe that Batman has met Wolverine in a cross-over story. That means he's put together a dossier on his strengths and weaknesses. That means he has a contingency plan in case they ever fight. A Batman prepared is a Batman unbeaten.
Winner Batman.

-Radhnoti

Fish of Fury
06-20-2001, 09:34 AM
BATMAN
because...well,he's batman.

__________________________________________________ _________________________ "I'm just trying to lull you into a genuine sense of security!"

Design Sifu
06-20-2001, 07:10 PM
So how does this battle play out?

Having Beaten Black Mask earlier, The Batman was able to observe Wolverine's Battle with Lui Bei. He assesses his fighing skills, extrapolates the potential of his Mutations as wellas the danger presented in both Wolverine's Adamantium Claws and his appariently unbreakable skeleton.

How can the Dark Knight hope to defeat such a foe?

ONE: An assault of the sences, speculating upon the possibility of Wolverine's hightened sences. A handful of cuncussion gernades and Smoke Bombs act to erritate Wolverine's hearing and smell while a concentrated strobe-light assault disorients Wolverine's vision.
(The wonders of a million dollars utility belt)
TWO:Aware of Wolverine's regenerative abilities The Batman presses his minor advantage quickly. A burst of Pepper spray is followed by severial seditive laced darts.
An charging Rhino would stop, Wolverine get's mad. He pops his claws and snarls.
THREE: Disengaging the safty parameters on his taser, Batman aims for one of Wolverine's Claws. Striking his target (of course) he send jolt after jolt of electricity through Wolverine's Metal skeleton. Struggling with the paralysis of the repeated shocks Wolverine can smell the scent of cooking flesh. This will not kill him, but he accumulaton of chared scar tissue stiffens Wolverine's joints and muscles.
FOUR: With a flick of his batterang Wolverine is bound by tempered cable, just in time for The BATMAN's taser to overload. Subdued and hog-tied it take's all of 20 minutes for Wolverine's body to metabolize his accumulated scar tissue, Just enough time for The BATMAN to be announced VICTOR.
or
2 more sets of 8 charactor eliminations?

. . . you deside . . .