PDA

View Full Version : Animals attack!

Mr Punch
05-12-2008, 07:38 PM
At last, an end to all the speculation about what to do if you are attacked by various wild animals... or is it?! No mention of dogs and dog-kind.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2008/may/13/wildlife

fopah
05-12-2008, 07:55 PM
broken link

Mr Punch
05-13-2008, 09:34 AM
Cheers. Fixed.

TaichiMantis
05-13-2008, 09:49 AM
I knew those eye poke techniques would come in handy!:cool:

BoulderDawg
05-13-2008, 10:02 AM
I'll remember this next time I'm attacked by a wild turkey. :D Maybe some Turkey sandwiches would be nice.

A bear? Forget it. Run like hell and hope for the best!

I've recently seen news where coyotes are trying to drag off children......I though this was very strange. In most cases a toddler is about the same size or larger than a coyote and the vast majority of animals will not individually attack something than is bigger than they are.

Mook Jong
05-13-2008, 10:06 AM
Don't be a victim. Be the dominant turkey.

I'm tempted to put that in my sig.

TenTigers
05-13-2008, 10:25 AM
I have lost many a battle with the Wild Turkey, but none so devastating as with the Green Fairy:D

Golden Arms
05-13-2008, 10:30 AM
I hear you there TT, although that is a battle I prefer to lose at least once a month if I can afford to have some around.

Becca
05-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Don't be a victim. Be the dominant turkey.

I'm tempted to put that in my sig.
Dang, beat me to it; I was going to quote that...:mad:

My question is: If this is a british article, and it opened with a comment about a sharkattack in Middleton, why did they make a point of mentioning how to fight off alligators, cougers and other animals not found in the wilds of the Brithish Isles???

Mr Punch
05-13-2008, 10:31 PM
My question is: If this is a british article, and it opened with a comment about a sharkattack in Middleton, why did they make a point of mentioning how to fight off alligators, cougers and other animals not found in the wilds of the Brithish Isles???
It's about a book.

Plus, there ARE no dangerous animals in the UK, except chavs, and that's what the rest of this forum's about fighting off! :D