PDA

View Full Version : HFY Kiu Sao Workshop Arizona

MarkJ
05-15-2008, 09:25 PM
Public Workshop featuring HFY Kiu Sao Chi Sao

Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun of Arizona will be hosting GM Garrett Gee for a one day public workshop in Tempe, Arizona, USA.

Topic:
An Introduction to the Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Kiu Sao Chi Sao System

Date:
Saturday June 7th 2008

Cost:
Members $100.00
Non Members $150.00

For more information or to pre register for the workshop contact myself directly

Sifu Mark Jones
Southwest Regional Director
Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun of Arizona
931 E. Elliot Rd. #114
Tempe AZ 85284 USA
(480) 820-2428
sifujones@hfyofarizona.com
www.hfyofarizona.com
www.hungfakwoon.com

Ali. R
05-16-2008, 10:08 AM
I truly hope that I could be there, but maybe in the near future that could very well happen, I really hope the best too you Sifu Mark Jones and the Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun of Arizona…

And I plan too visit Benny Ming the next time he hosts something with GM Garrett Gee, I know for a fact that Benny Meng is a stand up guy, and truly feel that GM Garrett Gee has authentic history dealing with shaolin…

Which give me and my students a since of history up to this date, and it explains a lot of things from a non political standpoint, and that’s just my opinion…

But hope the very best too you and GM Garrett Gee…

Take care,

Ali Rahim.

canglong
05-17-2008, 05:17 PM
Ali,
You're welcome here anytime and we look forward to seeing you one of these times. If you do make it out to Ohio you will not be disappointed I guarantee it. This next seminar in Arizona should be another special experience with the opportunity to once again converse with GM Gee on a hole host of kung fu topics.

MarkJ
05-30-2008, 11:35 AM
Sifu Ali Rahim

thank you for your well wishes and sorry for the late reply, as Canglong stated you or any of your students are welcome here anytime, likewise if I am ever in your neck of the woods I will look you up.

regards
Mark Jones

Ali. R
06-01-2008, 10:46 AM
Sifu Ali Rahim

thank you for your well wishes and sorry for the late reply, as Canglong stated you or any of your students are welcome here anytime, likewise if I am ever in your neck of the woods I will look you up.

regards
Mark Jones

In my heart I’ve already accepted the H.F.Y. wing chun system as something that I’ve just have too experience and with utmost respect…

And Sifu Meng’s reaction too many different things in the past that was put out there about me in which was brought too him was dismissed as nothing, by showing me respect and acceptance when many others followed along with the circus that was put out there…

I have twice of the amount of respect for a man who as respect for me first, and showing love when no others would… To me, it speaks in volumes of this great man’s humbleness and in which deserve much respect… And you’re always welcome and your brothers are also welcome anytime...

Ali Rahim.

Eric_H
06-11-2008, 10:10 AM
Hello,

I wanted to share with everyone my gratitude for Sifu Mark Jones of Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun of Arizona for hosting this workshop the past weekend. He is most definitely doing an excellent job with the Arizona branch of the Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun Pai.

Some comments from this weekend's seminar:

"I would like to thank Grandmaster Gee for graciously sharing another layer of the Hung Fa Yi Kiu Sao. This past weekend, the Long-Range Kiu Sao from Hung Fa Yi was introduced to the public.

This type of Kiu Sao allows the practitioner to engage an opponent from a much longer distance as well as provides structure throughout the engagement. This technology allows for the change from a long bridge to a short bridge while using structure and control. Grandmaster Gee also spent invaluable time providing guidance on Kung Fu Culture and history.

I would also like to thank Sifu Mark Jones for hosting the seminar and my Sifu, Master Richard Loewenhagen for his continued guidance and leadership. Thank you to Master Benny Meng for traveling the long distance from the Wing Chun Museum in Dayton, Ohio."
//------------------------------------
"Thanks for the workshop. I enjoy it. The atmosphere is friendly and nice people all around.

GM Gee is like a kung fu library. He not only covers techniques well but also touches on philosophy. He also talks about making a positive impact on people life. I learn more than just kung fu in the workshop.

I am glad that I have a chance to experience the structural energy from HFY system. Look forward for future workshop that covers variety of Kung Fu."

More workshop comments and feedback are available here:
http://www.hfy108.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16760

MarkJ
06-11-2008, 05:08 PM
Hello

I would like to thank everyone who attended the workshop in Arizona last weekend and made it such a successful event. We had over 35 people attend from the HFY family plus some guests from outside and have had some very positive feedback. This was the first public event that I have hosted for our family and am very pleased with the response.

GM Gee is able to reach out and connect to people at all levels in their kung fu journey, from new students with a few months in, to practitioners with a lifetime of experience from all branches of the kung fu community.

There will be more public workshops presented by GM Gee in the near future at the Arizona Hung Fa Kwoon available to anyone who has an interest to see HFY first hand.

Sifu Mark Jones
Southwest Regional Director
Hung Fa Yi Wing Chun of Arizona
931 E. Elliot Rd. #114
Tempe AZ 85284 USA
(480) 820-2428
sifujones@hfyofarizona.com
www.hfyofarizona.com
www.hungfakwoon.com

canglong
06-17-2008, 10:10 PM
GM Gee as usual shared a tremendous wealth of knowledge and I thank him for that and all the other many special things he does for me our family outsiders and martial arts in general. Once again it was a pleasure and an honor to be part of one of his workshops. Whenever you learn something new and can practice and test the validity and worthiness of both the principles and concepts invoked in that study it is a sheer delight. After talking with other attendees I know there were many of them whose experience was exactly the same.

Ali,
We are learning to incorporate some long arm concepts with our previous kiu sau training that I am sure you will enjoy when the seminar comes to Ohio. I highly highly recommend you try your best to attend.

This was my first seminar with Sifu Mark Jones so I want to thank him as well. He has picked up the torch and is doing an excellent job with representing HFY in the AZ. People seem to gravitate to him and he has the temperament patience skill and knowledge that the AZ school needs to continue to move forward in the right direction. Congratulations Sifu Mark on a fine workshop I can hardly wait for the next one.