PDA

View Full Version : OT: Nope, no crooks in our government

Yao Sing
05-18-2008, 05:59 PM
For those who think there's no corruption or crooks in our government (local or federal) explain this (http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/320.html).

lkfmdc
05-18-2008, 06:16 PM
where the government is concerned, it is usually more a matter of gross incompetance and complete indifference

but wow that sucked

RD'S Alias - 1A
05-18-2008, 06:49 PM
And people wonder why I spell it "Amerika"

Golden Spider
05-18-2008, 11:49 PM
So, how many of you voted for Ron Paul in the Primaries??? Not too many I'll wager...

David Jamieson
05-19-2008, 07:11 AM
What do you do when a ball of string become so tangled it is generally going to be considered impossible to untangle?

This is America's problem.

zapruder_bjj
05-19-2008, 07:16 AM
What do you do when a ball of string become so tangled it is generally going to be considered impossible to untangle?

This is America's problem.

Alexander the great has an answer...

David Jamieson
05-19-2008, 07:46 AM
Alexander the great has an answer...

Brutus and the Roman senate had the answer for tyranny.

:)

Black Jack II
05-19-2008, 09:36 AM
And people wonder why I spell it "Amerika"

You spell it that way because you think it makes you sound "hip"

Seriously, this is just governement absurdness of California. Second, I never use deposit boxes.

Third, I would like to see the other end of the spectrum for this vid, such as how long was the deposit box just sitting there without any contact, what policies did the deposit box owner bypass to have such an event occur.

No one mentioned that at all?

BoulderDawg
05-19-2008, 10:06 AM
So, how many of you voted for Ron Paul in the Primaries??? Not too many I'll wager...

To start with forget the man's political philosophies or record, He's in his mid seventies. Personally I would not consider anyone past the age of 65 for president.

Paul's an insolationist. He simply wants to hole up on this side of the Atlantic, throw a fence around the entire country and call it good. He also wants to send this country back a 100 years where there were no government regulations of any kind. No USDA, no environmental protection, no protection for workers....nothing. In a perfect world where everyone plays by the rules this would be okay but human nature has showed us this does not work in the real world.

Yao Sing
05-19-2008, 10:16 AM
Third, I would like to see the other end of the spectrum for this vid, such as how long was the deposit box just sitting there without any contact, what policies did the deposit box owner bypass to have such an event occur.

No one mentioned that at all?

I believe she said her name and address was on papers inside the box plus she has an account at that bank and pays for the box every month. I doubt anyone made an effort to find her considering her info was right in front of them the whole time.

Now the report did mention that if as little as 3 years go by with no activity it's considered abandoned. Whether you consider that a reasonable amount of time or not shouldn't matter as long as they make a serious effort to verify that it is abandoned.

I would consider a box that's paid for at least once a year to be 'active' and the bank should be the one to determine if it's abandoned.

Black Jack II
05-19-2008, 10:27 AM
No USDA, no environmental protection,

Provide sources where he said extactly this?

I would consider a box that's paid for at least once a year to be 'active' and the bank should be the one to determine if it's abandoned.

Same here, I agree. But for them to do this she must of bypassed something, be it large or small, making contact with a bank rep, some abstract policy. There has to be some responsibility on the customers side no matter how ****ty the outcome of this may be.

Yao Sing
05-19-2008, 10:40 AM
But for them to do this she must of bypassed something, be it large or small, making contact with a bank rep, some abstract policy. There has to be some responsibility on the customers side no matter how ****ty the outcome of this may be.

Not really. I would think the responsibility is on the agency taking the money. It's up to them to verify it not just grab the money and run before anyone notices or has a chance to speak up.

What do you think would have happened if they tried contacting the name of the person listed on the documents inside the box? I'd really like to hear the details and since there's a lawsuit maybe we will. Seems she isn't the only one so even if she did make a mistake what about the rest?

Yao Sing
05-19-2008, 10:41 AM
BTW, you don't think paying the bill every month is enough activity to prove it isn't abandoned?

David Jamieson
05-19-2008, 12:12 PM
It's theft cut and dried. you can paint as many words around it as you like, but even if it is abandoned, it shouldn't be the right of the government to take it.

WinterPalm
05-19-2008, 12:35 PM
Wait a minute, how can there be crooks in the American government? :eek:

They're the leaders of the free world!:mad:

Even god is on their side, this must be a lie by leftist Nazi's to get socialized medicine spread about like cancer!:(

Black Jack II
05-19-2008, 12:50 PM
BTW, you don't think paying the bill every month is enough activity to prove it isn't abandoned?

Of course it should, don't get me wrong. I just want to see what the other data suggested. It should not be the government's assets at all, if anything it should be the banks, but I still would like to see the bank's direct deposit holding agreement contract to see what it says.

Yao Sing
05-19-2008, 01:42 PM
I gotcha, it could be that the box payment is automatically pulled from the savings account and that account had no activity for awhile. I would think that at least letters would be sent and if left unanswered they would proceed.

Somehow I seriously doubt that though.

Lucas
05-19-2008, 01:58 PM
safe deposit box goes into default when;

a) you fail to pay your rent or other charges when do, or fail to keep any other promises set forth in your rental agreement.

b) fail to surrender possession of the box at it time of termination of the lease.

Default has a grace period of 6 months, at which point another letter is mailed giving you 60 more days, after that.....ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!

These are reasons the box will be drilled an contents removed by the bank, per agreement.

ALSO, here is the trick, which may be the case here;

TERMINATION) the bank can terminate a rental agreement for any reason, and only require to send you a 30 day notice to the mailing address on file. After that, its in default.

Contents go to the state.

at least the this is how we do it at the bank i work for.

Lucas
05-19-2008, 02:04 PM
and oh, i didnt watch the video, cant at work.

David Jamieson
05-19-2008, 02:47 PM
contents should never go to the state and instead should go to immediate family. If there is investigative work, then the bank should be allowed to charge a nominal fee for the service of finding the person to give the contents too.

If there is absolutely no surviving member, then the content should default to the bank and it's shareholders and never to the government.

Yao Sing
05-19-2008, 02:50 PM
TERMINATION) the bank can terminate a rental agreement for any reason, and only require to send you a 30 day notice to the mailing address on file. After that, its in default.

Contents go to the state.

The scam portion of the agreement.

Black Jack II
05-19-2008, 04:48 PM
If there is investigative work, then the bank should be allowed to charge a nominal fee for the service of finding the person to give the contents too.

The above I don't find ok in my book. It's not the bank's job to handle any due dillegance of that nature. There business is running a bank and not hiring private eye's to dig up relations.

Though the below I do agree with 110%

If there is absolutely no surviving member, then the content should default to the bank and it's shareholders and never to the government.

Lucas
05-20-2008, 09:04 AM
The above I don't find ok in my book. It's not the bank's job to handle any due dillegance of that nature. There business is running a bank and not hiring private eye's to dig up relations.

Though the below I do agree with 110%

dito on that

Shaolinlueb
05-20-2008, 09:47 AM

i did. :highfive: