PDA

View Full Version : Marc Laimon on Royce Gracie's BJJ - It's actually sh**.

kungfufan
05-22-2008, 08:35 PM
http://mmayou.com/news-and-exclusive-interviews-with-mmayou/37-fighters/173-marc-laimon-on-royce-gracies-jiu-jitsu-its-actually-sht

This is going to start some waves in the BJJ community.

BM2
05-22-2008, 09:47 PM
He has said it before.
B.J. Penn flew Pablo Popovitch in to roll with last month. That's a Gracie connection.

Three Harmonies
05-23-2008, 10:29 AM
No link bro.

How was Pablo bro?

Nothing new here. Laimon is a douche from all looks! I think he is attention starved or something. Always needing attention. I have heard not so flattering things about him at various tourneys!
But in all fairness the Gracies are the only ones totally enamored with "Gracie JJ." They had to call it "Gracie" afterall!

Jake :cool:

sanjuro_ronin
05-23-2008, 11:03 AM
I have always preferred the Carlson line to the Helio line.

lkfmdc
05-23-2008, 12:53 PM
1. Marc is a notorious *****

2. Marc is a notorious prrik who had a falling out with Royce and the Gracie family

3. People who haven't seen the first UFC's and watch them now probably would feel Royce was doing "simple stuff"... GUESS WHAT? SIMPLE STUFF WINS MATCHES

Even today, with all the professional athletes, high level training, big money in the sport, the basics are still king

sanjuro_ronin
05-23-2008, 12:55 PM

2. Marc is a notorious prrik who had a falling out with Royce and the Gracie family

3. People who haven't seen the first UFC's and watch them now probably would feel Royce was doing "simple stuff"... GUESS WHAT? SIMPLE STUFF WINS MATCHES

Even today, with all the professional athletes, high level training, big money in the sport, the basics are still king

The gracies bring on themselves at times, you know that.

kungfufan
05-23-2008, 10:00 PM
No link bro.

How was Pablo bro?

Nothing new here. Laimon is a douche from all looks! I think he is attention starved or something. Always needing attention. I have heard not so flattering things about him at various tourneys!
But in all fairness the Gracies are the only ones totally enamored with "Gracie JJ." They had to call it "Gracie" afterall!

Sorry, their site keeps crashing. It should be good now. Can I post the whole interview in the future in case that happens?

kungfufan
05-23-2008, 10:03 PM

Someone once told me that all advanced stuff is just doing basics really fast.

David Jamieson
05-24-2008, 05:01 AM
Someone once told me that all advanced stuff is just doing basics really fast.

and accurately with correct structure and with optimum power issuance ... :)

kungfufan
05-24-2008, 01:15 PM
and accurately with correct structure and with optimum power issuance ... :)

He did not say all that :)

wiz cool c
05-29-2008, 03:38 AM
If you keep fighting into advanced age you're going to get your butt kicked sooner or later. I think that's kinda a cheap shot he took at Royce. At least Royce had the gutts to get in there and fight, that's all that matters.

kungfufan
05-29-2008, 02:27 PM
If you keep fighting into advanced age you're going to get your butt kicked sooner or later. I think that's kinda a cheap shot he took at Royce. At least Royce had the gutts to get in there and fight, that's all that matters.

I agree, Royce was FAR beyond his prime when he took on Hughes.

Water Dragon
05-29-2008, 07:19 PM
I have always preferred the Carlson line to the Helio line.

I always end up under Carlson guys. I don't do it on purpose, just dumb luck I guess.

Three Harmonies
05-30-2008, 08:22 AM
It is commong knowledge that when Royce did the first UFC's, that it was Helio's words that they put in the worst Gracie to compete to show that even the worst at BJJ could beat the "best" in the world!

Becca
06-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Someone once told me that all advanced stuff is just doing basics really fast.d maybe more open to the many, may ways there are toapply those basics.

1bad65
06-03-2008, 07:32 PM
It is commong knowledge that when Royce did the first UFC's, that it was Helio's words that they put in the worst Gracie to compete to show that even the worst at BJJ could beat the "best" in the world!

Not sure about that. Rickson was not chosen because he was too big and athletic. He looked like a fighter. Royce looked like an average, skinny guy. The Gracies knew it would prove their point easier if a small, ordinary looking guy beat much larger guys who looked like fighters should look.