PDA

View Full Version : Kill Bill 3

GeneChing
05-30-2008, 10:16 AM
It's always bothered me that there's no thread here devoted strictly to Kill Bill. It gets mentioned numerous times in other threads, and we did three e-zine articles on it, but that was prior to us doing the discussion thread links. So this is a good excuse to start one.

Kill Bill 3 Might Be Filmed in China: Producer (http://english.cri.cn/3086/2007/06/23/1221@241708.htm)
2007-06-23 21:05:30

The plots of Kill Bill 3 and 4 have been shaped and there is a chance director Quentin Tarantino will return to China to shoot them, an executive producer of the first two films said on Friday.

Bennett Walsh said at the Shanghai International Film Festival the third film involves the revenge of two killers whose arms and eyes were hacked by Uma Thurman in the first stories.

The fourth instalment of the popular kung fu action films concerns a cycle of reprisals and daughters who avenge their mother's deaths, Hangzhou-based newspaper City Express quoted Bennett as saying.

When asked which Chinese director he wants to cooperate with, Walsh said he would most like to work with Jiang Wen, director of Xun Qiang, or "Missing Gun".

"I also want to collaborate with younger directors. I believe there are many outstanding young directors in China who have not been brought into the light," Walsh said.

Interview with Donnie Yen and Quentin Tarantino on Kungfu Flicks Old, New, and Tarantino’s Upcoming Kungfu Movie Directing Debut KILL BILL! (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=401)

KILL BILL: Quentin Taratino's Homage to Hong Kong's Kung Fu Cinema (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=482)

KILL BILL: VOLUME 2: The Last Hurrah for Hong Kong Action in Hollywood? (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=483)

Shaolinlueb
05-30-2008, 12:05 PM
io hate QT movies. KB1 is his only movie i liked. KB2 was awful except for the BM training and the fight in the trailer. the rest was tlak tlak talk. hate QT movies for that. only reason dusk till dawn ruled is because Rodriguez was on it. Kill Bill = no cares for me.

sanjuro_ronin
05-30-2008, 12:08 PM
I didn't like the sword work in any of them, I can't stand Uma Thurman's "fighting ability" and while it was cool to see the likes of Sonny Chiba and Gordon Lau, there was really nothing else worthwhile in the kill bill movies.
Sure it was cool to see some of the 60's and 70's retro stuff, but eh....all in all not up there in my TOP 10.

冠木侍
05-30-2008, 07:41 PM
I remember Tarantino saying in an interview that one angle for a sequel would be to have one of the kids of the murdered Viper Gang get revenge on the Bride (I think it was the daughter of Vivica A. Fox's Green Mountain Snake).

He said that he wanted the actual daughter to reprise the role. In a few years, it'll hit the 10yr mark and she'll be old enough but will she be good for the part?

QT is always thinking and has some good ideas most of the time. He does things not for a fan-service but makes the kind of movies that he likes or delves into subject matters that had an influence on his life. I can respect that and am glad their are people like that still around. Granted, not all his movies garner good reviews but I personally don't put much stock in critics. I know what I like and no one will tell me otherwise since people have different opinions on the same topics.

I'm not sure what to think about these upcoming sequels. Sounds a bit reaching...but I will wait for more news.

Take care all.

doug maverick
05-31-2008, 01:23 AM
its going to be a very long time before QT does the next installments and thats if he does them at all.

The Willow Sword
05-31-2008, 03:39 PM
Well you need to start Kill Bill 3 with carradine as Bill Not really dying from the 5 point palm deadly fist techique or whatever the hell it was. Seems to me that if the white eyebrow taught Bill personally that he would have showed him the secret to countering the technique should any of his assassins try to use it against him. Create More plot from there. Ill be expecting my check in the mail for the idea;)
always willing to help out QT. Peace,TWS

doug maverick
05-31-2008, 04:37 PM
i think it was stated that bill did not learn the 5 point whateva the **** from pai mei. ****'em he's dead lets not bring him back please for fear of seeing more slow kung fu from david carridine. maybe bill had a son or something.

jethro
05-31-2008, 05:30 PM
maybe bill had a son or something.

Maybe it's that kid from House of Fury!

doug maverick
05-31-2008, 05:58 PM
yeah that kid is good i actually have a friend whose real good friends with him. they both competed on the sports karate circuit and i here he's no joke.

冠木侍
05-31-2008, 08:07 PM
Maybe it's that kid from House of Fury!

I liked that movie a lot. The kid at first didn't strike me as anything special but then his fight came. Looked very impressive...like something that would be taught in XMA. I've only seen them do forms but never actually apply such techniques in real fighting.

But sadly, Bill never had a son. And that would be a bit far-fetched to just conjure one up out of thin air.

冠木侍
05-31-2008, 08:13 PM
yeah that kid is good i actually have a friend whose real good friends with him. they both competed on the sports karate circuit and i here he's no joke.

Yeah, he's got skills. His technique with the Jo Staff was impressive and like I had written before, I had never seen XMA style used in actual fighting applications.

Just an aside...usually when people add "sport" to karate, people tend to raise their eyebrows because it is all mostly about competitions and less to do with realistic combat and/or self-defense. Seems to be the opinion of some....just saying.

I give props to that kid but I don't think he'll be in any Kill Bill sequels...

jethro
05-31-2008, 08:29 PM
Yeah Chinese user name person I agree that Jake Strickland probably couldn't be Bill's son. I mean how could the son be so much better than his dad:p

doug maverick
06-01-2008, 06:22 AM
well the guy is a sports karate compititor not a fighter. never said he was a fighter. and never said he did xma either.

The Willow Sword
06-01-2008, 06:49 AM
James Madison's character (bill's brother) doesnt really die of the Black mamba Bite. The properties in the margarita he was drinking nullified the full effects of the venom and only temporarily stunned and knocked out Bill's brother, he wakes up to find darryl hannas character whining about her lack of eyes, he cuts off her head with is hanzo sword, takes all the money lying around that Beatrix Kiddo just left there and goes on a final hunt to take revenge on Beatrix Kiddo for killing Bill.

You could title the movie "Kill Bill's Brother":cool::cool::cool::cool::D:p

TWS

doug maverick
06-01-2008, 11:26 AM
James Madison's character (bill's brother) doesnt really die of the Black mamba Bite. The properties in the margarita he was drinking nullified the full effects of the venom and only temporarily stunned and knocked out Bill's brother, he wakes up to find darryl hannas character whining about her lack of eyes, he cuts off her head with is hanzo sword, takes all the money lying around that Beatrix Kiddo just left there and goes on a final hunt to take revenge on Beatrix Kiddo for killing Bill.

You could title the movie "Kill Bill's Brother":cool::cool::cool::cool::D:p

TWS

dude.....did you just screw up Michael Madsen's name? sacrilegious! philistine! i like the idea of him being alive, but not the part about him killing darryl hanna, because then you take out the factor of the three way battle scene at the end. bud vs. the bride vs. blind samurai b!tch. cause knowing tarrintino he's going to make her like a ****ing zatoichi. now that would make a much interesting story. you have darryl stumble out of buds trailer and desapear, bud wakes up still wounded. and he basically spend ten years training to kill the bride same with zatoichi B!tch(funny thing is that they just actually made s female version of the Zatoichi film but thats another thread) and the bride has to mow them down. or even better then that. darryl or bud actually kill the bride mid way through the movie and the daughter has to then train for revenge. meets and becomes friends with vivica's daughter she avenges her mom. vivica's daughter then finds out who her mother was and the film ends with them facing off. which would be a great segway into part three.

冠木侍
06-01-2008, 05:13 PM
well the guy is a sports karate compititor not a fighter. never said he was a fighter. and never said he did xma either.

I said it looked like XMA (my reply to Jethro). I also said that I've never seen that style used in a combat application, which what it looked like in House of Fury.

Yes, you never said he was a fighter nor did XMA. :cool:

冠木侍
06-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Yeah Chinese user name person I agree that Jake Strickland probably couldn't be Bill's son. I mean how could the son be so much better than his dad:p

Well, if the father is a good teacher, then the son will inevitably be better than him. Isn't that how it's supposed to be anyway? Isn't that what all good teachers/fathers want for their students/sons? ;)

That sounded like a jab at David Carradine? :D

doug maverick
06-01-2008, 10:14 PM
Well, if the father is a good teacher, then the son will inevitably be better than him. Isn't that how it's supposed to be anyway? Isn't that what all good teachers/fathers want for their students/sons? ;)

That sounded like a jab at David Carradine? :D

it most definitely a jab at carradines slow ass

冠木侍
06-03-2008, 03:22 PM
Very blunt as usual Dougie....

doug maverick
06-03-2008, 03:59 PM
well i know dave. he knows he's slow in ma. but he's quick on the draw when come to guns soo..... i still wouldn;t mess with him. and he has a god right hook.

banditshaw
06-03-2008, 10:04 PM
To have QT write and have someone else direct would be interesting.
I would like to see a prequel for 3. An origin in depth for bill and the vipers, all the way up to the wedding.

4 can wrap it up with the daughter/revenge arc.

Plus some different fight choreographers for differing styles would be nice.

Jimbo
06-04-2008, 10:40 PM
I'd like to see someone like Lau Kar-Leung brought in to direct the fighting for any sequels/prequels, if they happen. Though it's hard to say if he'd care to do it, even if it was offered to him. Maybe even have appearances of more old-school kung fu stars, like Wang Lung-Wei, Kuo Chui (Phillip Kwok), etc.

I doubt even Lau could do much for Carradine in the kung fu department, though.

Lucas
03-26-2010, 02:18 PM
i just watch yojimbo yesterday and its been years but i just realized the scene where uma fights those guys at the end of the crazy 88 fight and she spanks that one kid and tells him to go home to his mom.

straight outa last fight in yojimbo....

there is no reason really for me posting this.

GeneChing
12-09-2015, 09:24 AM
Given his filmmaking stature now, part 3 would be awesome for the martial arts economy.

7 DECEMBER 2015 MOVIES QUENTIN TARANTINO
Quentin Tarantino is still considering Kill Bill 3 and has a story in mind (http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a776495/quentin-tarantino-is-still-considering-kill-bill-3-and-has-a-plot-in-mind/)
'Silly Caucasian girl still likes to play with Samurai swords.'
BY HUGH ARMITAGE

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/15/50/980x490/landscape-1449503921-uma-thurman-kill-bill.jpg
© Miramax

It's been 11 years since Kill Bill tore across our screens in a rip-roaring rampage of revenge, and Quentin Tarantino is still considering taking the Bride out for another deadly spin.

The filmmaker teased his plans for Kill Bill 3 while speaking to What the Flick?! about his imminent release The Hateful Eight.

"There is definitely a possibility, stopped short of it being a probability," Tarantino said. "For one reason in particular: Uma and me would have a really good time working together again."

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/15/50/1449504008-kill-bill-lucy-liu.jpg
© Miramax
He added that he would put a sizeable time jump between the second and third films.

"I put [Thurman's] character through a lot and I wanted her to have this much time for peace. I wanted her to have some time with her daughter... She could actually enjoy her life for a while."

It sounds like his double film project remains one of his favourites.

"Kill Bill is, pretty much hands down, my most visionary movie, in so far as I really went beyond Pulp Fiction to create this world that really doesn't exist, where they have Samurai sword holders on aeroplanes instead of cup holders and that's all good."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgTh422WDEk

Tarantino has previously said that he had thought about a sequel in which Nikki - the young daughter of Vivica A Fox's assassin Vernita Green - comes seeking revenge on Thurman's character for the death of her mother. No word on if that idea is still on the table.

His new Western The Hateful Eight will land in cinemas on January 8

GeneChing
08-02-2018, 08:35 AM
There's vid of her quote behind the link. Note that this article is sponsored by UFC. :rolleyes:

RONDA ROUSEY
Hey, Quentin Tarantino ...
PUT ME IN 'KILL BILL 3'!!! (http://www.tmz.com/2018/08/01/ronda-rousey-kill-bill-3-quentin-tarentino/)
8/1/2018 6:01 AM PDT
Ronda Rousey to Quentin Tarantino, Put Me In 'Kill Bill 3'!
EXCLUSIVE
KILLIN' FOR A ROLE TMZSports.com

With Ronda Rousey's movie career taking off, the UFC legend says she's aiming high -- and wants a very specific role if Quentin Tarantino goes forward with a 3rd installment of "Kill Bill."

We got Rousey in NYC where she was promoting her new flick "Mile 22" -- where she stars alongside Mark Wahlberg and John Malkovich. Ronda thinks the movie has a real shot to win an Oscar.

But, moving forward, Rousey says she REALLY wants to play a "grown-up B.B. in 'Kill Bill 3.'"

Of course, B.B. was Beatrix Kiddo's (Uma Thurman) daughter in the original movies.

Tarantino has talked about possibly making a 3rd 'K.B.' flick -- but there's nothing in the works.

... at least, not yet.

I suspect Tarantino is too busy with Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?70864-Once-Upon-a-Time-in-Hollywood) and Star Trek (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?33187-kung-fu-star-trek-people&p=1306273#post1306273) at the moment.

GeneChing
07-24-2019, 04:08 PM
I kinda think this is B.S., just Quentin trying to get more buzz for OUATIH (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?70864-Once-Upon-a-Time-in-Hollywood).

QUENTIN TARANTINO AND UMA THURMAN HAVE SPOKEN ABOUT KILL BILL: VOL. 3
Exciting news for Kill Bill fans.
By Katey Roberts | @kateydoll | | less than a minute ago

https://www.gamebyte.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Kill-Bill-768x384.jpg

Huge news for any Kill Bill fans, because it looks like Quentin Tarantino has just given the biggest hint that Uma Thurman could be returning to work on another project with him.

Released in 2003, Tarantino was back on top for with Kill Bill: Vol. 1. Although the first movie was a samurai homage to Japenese cinema, Kill Bill: Vol. 2 followed a year later and was more of a noir Western. There’ve been rumours of a third movie ever since, but nothing has come of it…yet!

Speaking to MTV’s Happy Sad Confusedpodcast, Tarantino swung a Hattori Hanzō through all the BS and gave us a glimmer of hope for the future. He told the podcast: “Me and Uma have talked about it recently, frankly, to tell you the truth.

“I have thought about it a little further. We were talking about it literally last week. If any of my movies were going to spring from my other movies, it would be a third ‘Kill Bill.’”

https://www.studentproblems.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Uma-Thurman-Kill-Bill.jpg
Miramax

Can anyone else see Nikkia Bell (the daughter of Vivica A. Fox’s Vernita Green) going on a vengeance mission — Kill The Bride? This stuff literally writes itself, but we’d definitely need Daryl Hannah back as Elle Driver. Driver was last seen being blinded by Beatrix at the end of Kill Bill: Vol. 2and was left an unknown fate while trapped in a trailer with a black mamba.

As the credits rolled and the various members of the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad were crossed off, a question mark appeared over Elle’s name. It’s easy to imagine the blinded Elle sporting two eyepatches and training Nikkia on how to take out Kiddo.

https://media.giphy.com/media/R8afzAVZ1zHjy/giphy.gif
Miramax

Tarantino is known for cult classics like Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, and Inglourious Basterds. His movies are connected through the expansive Tarantino-Verse, but it’s relatively rare that he works on a direct sequel.

Whether we’ll ever get Kill Bill: Vol. 3remains to be seen. Tarantino has repeatedly said he’s retiring from directing after 10 movies, meaning he’s only got one left. It looks like his bloody R-rated Star Trekmovie is gathering momentum, so it’s unclear if there’s even room for Kill Bill: Vol. 3.

With both Kill Billmovies grossing over $150 million each — and considering fandom is clamouring for more — a third movie would certainly be one hell of a way to round off his career in the director’s chair.

[Featured Image: Miramax]

Words by Tom Chapman.

Jimbo
07-24-2019, 07:22 PM
IMO, actors (and directors like QT) should refrain from limiting their potential creative capacity to a certain pre-set number of films. Or saying that film number such-and-such "will definitely be my last one." We all know how that worked for Jet Li. Sure, many directors' movies got worse over time, but if an "artist" is inspired, they ought to use that inspiration until the creative well starts to dry up. Otherwise they end up staging a big "comeback movie" that actually looks like egg on their faces, after they always stated they would never make another.

GeneChing
07-14-2020, 09:33 AM
...I'd support this.

Jul 11, 2020 12:15pm PT
Vivica A. Fox Wants Zendaya to Seek Revenge As Her Daughter in A ‘Kill Bill’ Sequel (https://variety.com/2020/film/news/vivica-a-fox-zendaya-seek-revenge-as-daughter-kill-bill-sequel-1234704124/)
By Ellise Shafer

https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2019/08/zendaya.jpg?w=600
Michael Buckner/Variety/Shutters
In a new interview with NME, Vivica A. Fox revealed her hopes for a third edition of the “Kill Bill” franchise and knows exactly who she wants to be its star: Zendaya.

Fox played Vernita Green, who was brutally murdered by Uma Thurman’s The Bride in the opening scene of “Kill Bill: Vol. 1.”

Director Quentin Tarantino has been hinting at the possibility of “Kill Bill: Vol. 3” for a while, outlining that the new installment would star Green’s daughter on a journey to avenge her mother’s death.

“The star will be Vernita Green’s [Fox’s] daughter, Nikki,” Tarantino told Entertainment Weekly in a 2004 interview. “I’ve already got the whole mythology: Sofie Fatale [Julie Dreyfus] will get all of Bill’s money. She’ll raise Nikki, who’ll take on the Bride. Nikki deserves her revenge every bit as much as the Bride deserved hers.”

A revenge plot is perfectly set up in the first edition, with The Bride having a direct interaction with Nikki after murdering her mother.

“It was not my intention to do this in front of you. For that I’m sorry,” The Bride says to Nikki. “But you can take my word for it, your mother had it coming. When you grow up, if you still feel raw about it, I’ll be waiting.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mk_f75TS1A&feature=emb_logo

Although the character of young Nikki was previously played by Ambrosia Kelley, Fox said that Zendaya would make a great casting decision for a more grown-up version.

“So I went, Zendaya! How hot would that be? And that would probably green light this project,” Fox told NME. “Her and Uma are both very tall, and it would just be kick-butt, and I love her.”

Fox is hoping that getting Zendaya on board would give Tarantino a push to get started on Vol. 3.

“Hopefully now we can put that out, like ‘Tarantino, cast Zendaya!’ And spark his interest to put it on the fast track,” Fox said.

If Tarantino decides to make “Kill Bill: Vol. 3,” it could potentially be his last film, as he has often said that he plans to retire after his tenth project. “Once Upon A Time in Hollywood,” which released in 2019, was the directors’ ninth feature film.

Jimbo
07-14-2020, 11:44 AM
Personally, if it’s gonna be Tarantino’s last film, I’d rather see his take on a supernatural horror film (not the boring ‘torture porn’ type horror like Eli Roth does).

It’s stupid for Tarantino to say “I’m only going to make 10 films, then retire.” Then it makes someone a liar when they get the creative itch and make a comeback. If you’re going to retire, just retire, and don’t talk about it or put a number on it.

GeneChing
10-20-2021, 07:52 AM
QT is such a tease. :rolleyes:

Oct 19, 2021 3:07pm PT
Quentin Tarantino Says ‘Kill Bill 3’ May Be His Next Film, Wants to Make a Comedy Western (https://variety.com/2021/film/news/quentin-tarantino-kill-bill-3-comedy-western-1235092492/)

By Nick Vivarelli

https://variety.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Quentin-Tarantino.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1
AP Photo/Gregorio Borgia
Quentin Tarantino says he has “no idea” what his next film will be. Could it be “Kill Bill 3”?

“Why not?” the director said when pressed on this burning issue on Tuesday at the Rome Film Festival, where he received a lifetime achievement award from Italian horror maestro Dario Argento.

But Tarantino’s also got other projects on the horizon. They include a film criticism book and possibly a TV series, as Tarantino told talk show host Fabio Fazio, of Italian state broadcaster RAI, on Sunday, before adding: “But first I want to make a comedy.”

Comedy seems to be on Tarantino’s mind. During an onstage conversation with Rome fest chief Antonio Monda, he described an unspecified project that sounded very funny.

“It’s not like my next movie. It’s a piece of something else that I’m thinking about doing — and I’m not going to describe what it is,” Tarantino said. “But part of this thing, there is supposed to be a Spaghetti Western in it.”

“I’m looking forward to shooting that [thing] because it’s going to be really fun. Because I want to shoot it in the Spaghetti Western style where everybody’s speaking a different language,” he went on, before breaking into laughter.

“The Mexican Bandido is an Italian; the hero is an American; the bad sheriff is a German; the Mexican saloon girl is Israeli. And everybody is speaking a different language. And you [the actors] just know: OK, when he’s finished talking then I can talk,” Tarantino laughed again.

During a wide-ranging talk about his 32-year career so far, during which he’s shot nine films, Tarantino said the first film he remembers seeing is British spy movie “Deadlier Than the Male,” directed by Ralph Thomas, with Richard Johnson in the James Bond-like role.

“That’s as far back as my memory of a movie goes; I was literally about 5,” he recounted. “I remember this one scene with Elke Sommer and Sylva Koscina. They kidnap this guy, and they kind of hold this guy prisoner. I remember watching it at 5 and being a little blown away by the sexual politics of it. I didn’t understand that at 5.”

Years passed and Tarantino kept remembering this film, but had no idea what the title was. Then, toward the end of the 1990s, when he started his personal film collection, he bought “Deadlier Than the Male,” without knowing that was it.

“And so I’m screening it after I bought it. And then all of a sudden, about midway through, that scene comes on and I go: ‘Oh my God! This is the ****ing movie! This is the first movie I ever ****ing saw!,'” he said.

Asked by Monda about when and how he decided to become a director, Tarantino said it took him eight years to break through, and revealed that he fully realized his calling while taking acting classes.

“I realized that, not only did I love movies more than the other kids in the class,” he said. “But I cared about them, whereas I think they only cared about themselves. And the reason why is that I loved movies too much to be an actor.”

“I didn’t want to just appear in them: I wanted the movie to be my movie,” he said.

Toward the end of the talk, Tarantino paid tribute to late great composer Ennio Morricone and told the story of how his Oscar-winning soundtrack to “The Hateful Eight” came about.

After venerating Morricone for years, and using tracks that he composed for other films, when Tarantino wrote “Hateful Eight,” he thought, “This one should have an original score,” he said and reached out to the maestro.

But when they met in Rome, there had been some confusion. “Hateful Eight” had already been shot, whereas Morricone thought the cameras hadn’t rolled on it yet. And he was booked up for another job.

Tarantino said he was disappointed, but would find another solution. But then he asked Morricone about the “little theme in his head” that Morricone had previously mentioned. And Morricone went to work and the next day told him he could give him three different arrangements of the theme that he had been thinking about, plus many unused tracks from the soundtrack he had written for John Carpenter’s 1982 film “The Thing.”

“I think I can give you 20-25 minutes of original music that you can maybe stretch to 40 minutes, depending on the arrangement,” Tarantino recalled Morricone telling him.

“Then you can use unused tracks to ‘The Thing,’ and you’ve got a complete original score,” he said. “He was a true giant.”

GeneChing
02-23-2022, 08:48 AM
Feb 17, 2022 12:36pm PT
Uma Thurman Says ‘Kill Bill Vol. 3’ Is ‘Not Immediately on the Horizon’ Despite Fan Wishes (https://variety.com/2022/film/news/uma-thurman-kill-bill-vol-3-1235184971/)

By Zack Sharf
https://variety.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/MCDKIBI_MX001.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop=1&resize=681%2C383
©Miramax/Courtesy Everett Collection
Bad news for “Kill Bill” fans. Despite Quentin Tarantino stirring up buzz for “Kill Bill Vol. 3” in interviews over the last few years, franchise star Uma Thurman confirmed on SiriusXM’s “The Jess Cagle Show” that a third entry in the series is “not immediately on the horizon.” Thurman starred as Beatrix “The Bride” Kiddo in Tarantino’s martial arts revenge drama, which shot as one film but was released in two separate parts. Fans have long clamored for “Vol. 3,” which Tarantino has maintained is a possibility.

“I can’t really tell you anything about it,” Thurman said. “I mean it has been discussed over the years. There was real thought about it happening, but very long ago. I don’t see it as immediately on the horizon.”

Thurman added, “I hate to disappoint people. Everybody wishes it would be the case, but I think it’s not immediately on the horizon.”

Tarantino told the “Happy Sad Confused” podcast in July 2019 that he was still in talks with Thurman about doing a third “Kill Bill” movie. The director kept the possibility for “Kill Bill Vol. 3” alive in a December 2019 interview with Andy Cohen, saying the project was “definitely still in the cards” but “three years” or more away.

The director has often said that a potential “Kill Bill Vol. 3” would focus in part on the daughter of Vivica A. Fox’s character, Vernita Green, as she sets out to avenge her mother’s death by killing Uma Thurman’s The Bride. The plot would also include The Bride’s daughter. Tarantino said on “The Joe Rogan Experience” in June 2021 that he’d want Thurman’s own daughter, Maya Hawke, for the role.

“I think it’s just revisiting the characters 20 years later and just imagining The Bride and her daughter, Bebe, having 20 years of peace, and then that peace is shattered,” Tarantino said of a third “Kill Bill” film. “And now The Bride and Bebe are on the run, and just the idea of being able to cast Uma [Thurman] and cast her daughter Maya [Hawke] in the thing would be ****ing exciting.”

“Elle Driver is still out there, Sophie Fatale got her arm cut off, but she’s still out there,” Tarantino continued, hinting that Daryl Hannah and Julie Dreyfus could return as well. “They all got Bill’s money. Actually, Gogo had a twin sister Shiaki and so her twin sister could show up.”

Tarantino has said he plans to retire from filmmaking after his 10th feature directorial effort. Considering “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” was his ninth film, the director only has one chance left to make “Kill Bill Vol. 3.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMd7U-mN9hw

She must get tired of this question...