PDA

View Full Version : Nike Shaolinquan

GeneChing
05-30-2008, 05:41 PM
I must have a pair of Nike Shaolinquans. MUST HAVE.

For speed and agility (http://thestar.com.my/lifestyle/story.asp?file=/2008/5/29/lifeliving/20080528192437&sec=lifeliving)

IN designing the uniforms and footwear for the Beijing Olympics, Nike worked closely with the China Olympic Committee, the China Federations and the athletes themselves. In Beijing alone, hundreds of feet were scanned to determine the specific morphology of Chinese feet.

The Nike Sports Research Lab collaborated with research institutions in Beijing and Shanghai to look into the most common injuries in sports. Nike also interviewed the athletes about their likes and dislikes in terms of equipment. Performance-enhancing technologies such as Aerographics, Flywire and Lunarlite foam were integral to the creation of the apparel and footwear for Beijing 2008.

Throughout the four years of development, 22 federations and 54 designers were involved, and a total of 22 uniforms and 32 pairs of footwear were created. Here are some of them:

Nike Hyperdunk

The revolutionary Flywire technology and minimal use of material have made this Nike’s lightest and strongest basketball shoe. The design process took into account the fact that a 90kg player jumps and lands with a force of 900kg. Then there are lateral forces that comprise side-to-side cutting and 45-degree lateral moves. In early testing sessions, the Nike Sports Research Lab used a prototype that was as minimal as a ballet slipper but the shoe exhibited resilience and prevented the athletes from inverting their ankles.

The Hyperdunk also combines Flywire with another new Nike technology called the Lunarlite foam that cushions the forefoot.

The Hyperdunk weighs only 369g, which is 85g lighter than the average basketball shoe.

Basketball apparel

Working with players from the United States, Germany and China, Nike designers re-examined and redesigned the basketball uniforms. Taking a cue from Nike Swift technology, seams were repositioned to the back of the jersey. And by removing 25cm of fabric, the weight of the jersey was reduced by 31%, making it lighter and more aerodynamic.

Aerographics was used to put mesh directly into the jersey and shorts without the need for extra materials, thus making them comfortable and cool.

Nike Swift Suit

Having tested over 200 fabrics, Nike designers came away with very detailed knowledge such as which material works best with turbulence in specific events, just by the speed of a sprinter's hands. With this, they created the Nike Swift Suit. Again, seams were moved to the back, and the Aerographics mesh system was used for cooling. The suit has 7% more drag reduction than the one for Athens. It is made with 100% recycled polyester yarns.

Boxing apparel

Athletes have long improvised by using shoelaces to tighten the back of their jerseys or to hold the sleeves in place. The Nike designers kept their eyes on this, and used Track and Field technology to introduce a racer back jersey design. This anchors behind the shoulders, this allowing the athlete a wider range of movements. Side seams were removed, while to wick away sweat, Dri-FIT fabrics were used. Satin is the traditional material for the shorts, but Nike has used an advanced four-way stretch satin for better mobility.

Nike Machomai

Because boxing is so popular in China, boxing boots were the first footwear Nike designed for the Chinese Federation. The designers had to take into account the Chinese team's smaller physique and the sport’s different format in Beijing, which is shorter and more precision-focused. So the Nike Machomai is the most lightweight and nimble boxing boot ever made. “Machomai” is Greek for fight.

By using mesh panels and reducing the thickness of the midsole and outsole, the designers managed to achieve reduction in weight. The new version of the traditional gum rubber soles is thinner and stickier than the old gum compounds. The Machomai is designed to maximise quickness, agility and manoeuvrability.

Nike Shaolinquan

Yes, there is a shoe made specifically for wushu, the 3,000-year-old martial arts of China. Learning from world-class athletes and coaches, the Nike designers created the Shaolinquan (Mandarin for martial arts) that weighs a mere 134.5g. It is constructed from premium kangaroo leather and features a modified herringbone pattern that maximises traction between the athlete’s foot and the wushu mat. A flexible, lightweight gum rubber outsole allows the athlete to pivot better on the forefoot.

The character wu (military) is on one side of the shoe, while on the back are characters that say “Hero inside. Release it."

doug maverick
05-30-2008, 07:42 PM
i must have a pair. now that would make a awesome give away. one thing that stood out to me thou in the articles they said shaolinquan(mandarin for martial arts) i thought that was Chinese for "little forest fist". am i wrong?

Blacktiger
06-02-2008, 12:24 AM
I want a set - if anyone finds pics and links post away!!

zhugeliang
06-02-2008, 04:53 AM
Gimme gimme gimme a pair of Nike Shaolinquan!!!

Let's write to Nike and beg them to sell Shaolinquans on the internet.

sanjuro_ronin
06-02-2008, 04:58 AM
I'd love to see what they look like too.

Has anyone tried the new Nike cross trainers yet?

GeneChing
06-02-2008, 09:32 AM
MartialArtsMart.com now carries adidas gear (http://www.martialartsmart.net/Adidas.html). ;)

shuaichiao
06-02-2008, 09:49 AM
You should strike up a deal with Nike.

zhugeliang
06-02-2008, 09:57 AM
Yeah Gene, strike up a deal with Nike and put the Shaolinquan on the martial arts mart website.

TaichiMantis
06-02-2008, 09:58 AM
I want a set - if anyone finds pics and links post away!! here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tsdesign/2416040412/) you go...;)

Pk_StyLeZ
06-02-2008, 10:26 AM
how much for a set?
i still have 20 brand new feiyue shoes too in my closet......
size 41....wink wink =)

Blacktiger
06-02-2008, 09:06 PM
The thing is though - I have tried a few shoes and I always come beck to the old Feiyue's - I wonder ...could this new shoe take the prize. :D

Pk_StyLeZ
06-02-2008, 09:49 PM
The thing is though - I have tried a few shoes and I always come beck to the old Feiyue's - I wonder ...could this new shoe take the prize. :D

nope
i can already tell by the pictures...it wont feel the same
it aint gonna be the same
feiyue rules...just wish they last a little bit longer....lol....

sean_stonehart
06-03-2008, 04:42 AM
*ick*

I'll stick with Fei Yue or Tiger Claw...

Speaking of Fei Yue... Gene any luck on y'all picking up the hightops?

GeneChing
06-03-2008, 09:25 AM
That thread went all over the place. My last update (I think) was on the Tiger Claw brand Feiyue thread (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=850393#post850393). I suppose it should have been on your High Top Fei Yue's thread (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50035). Unfortunately, that's where it stands now. There's a short report on the China trip in the Claw Marks section of our 2008 July/August (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=769) and you'll see our rep Jonny outside a shoe store. It's not the Feiyue shoe factory, but it's a funny pic. I'm still on the hunt and appreciate any leads anyone can throw our direction.

As for Nike Shaolinquan, I've contacted Nike. We'll see if anything comes of it.

Fei Li
06-04-2008, 04:00 AM
Hi Gene,

I found this on the net: http://www.shulong-shoes.com/

Obviously those are also Feiyues, but sold under another label.
They can also be customized and are in between the prize of the originals (11€)
and the fashion ones from feiyue.com (50€), they cost about 37€.
(sorry I don not have the $-prize)

Greetings

sanjuro_ronin
06-04-2008, 04:56 AM
Hi Gene,

I found this on the net: http://www.shulong-shoes.com/

Obviously those are also Feiyues, but sold under another label.
They can also be customized and are in between the prize of the originals (11€)
and the fashion ones from feiyue.com (50€), they cost about 37€.
(sorry I don not have the $-prize)

Greetings

LOL, schlong shoes !
:D

SimonM
06-04-2008, 05:42 AM
i must have a pair. now that would make a awesome give away. one thing that stood out to me thou in the articles they said shaolinquan(mandarin for martial arts) i thought that was Chinese for "little forest fist". am i wrong?

That would be a literal definition.

More honest in spirit translations might include: "Nike tries to horn in on the shaolin temple brand identity" and "stupid american buys overpriced knockoff of the feiyue"

GeneChing
06-04-2008, 09:02 AM
Feiyues are not Schulongs. Shulongs are knock-offs. Chinese shoes are all about the knock-off market. I talk a little about knock-offs in Monk Takes Off His Shoe: The Sequel (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=546). That's the whole issue about Chinese name brands. Mark my words: when China can develop an internationally-respected name brand like Nike or adidas (http://www.martialartsmart.net/Adidas.html), they will have truly attained the status of being a first world nation. This is why Nike shaolinquans are really interesting. You can say Nike is trying "to horn in on the shaolin temple brand identity" but what's really of note here is that Shaolin has risen to level of international awareness that Nike would want to capitalize upon. For the global acceptance of Shaolin, this is a major step forward (yes, a pun, but a subtle one).

I wonder what the abbot has to say about this.

SimonM
06-04-2008, 09:36 AM
Sorry Gene, I've never particularly liked Nike. Feiyue on the other hand makes good shoes.

And if you want to talk knock offs:

Adidos
Niike
Reback
Aaidas
Robeck

----- All "brands" I've seen for sale in malls in China.

sanjuro_ronin
06-04-2008, 09:53 AM
Feiyues are not Schulongs. Shulongs are knock-offs. Chinese shoes are all about the knock-off market. I talk a little about knock-offs in Monk Takes Off His Shoe: The Sequel (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=546). That's the whole issue about Chinese name brands. Mark my words: when China can develop an internationally-respected name brand like Nike or adidas (http://www.martialartsmart.net/Adidas.html), they will have truly attained the status of being a first world nation. This is why Nike shaolinquans are really interesting. You can say Nike is trying "to horn in on the shaolin temple brand identity" but what's really of note here is that Shaolin has risen to level of international awareness that Nike would want to capitalize upon. For the global acceptance of Shaolin, this is a major step forward (yes, a pun, but a subtle one).

I wonder what the abbot has to say about this.

From what I hear, his new shoes fit just fine :D

xcakid
06-04-2008, 10:10 AM

You are correct:

Xiao(Shao) = Little or Young or Small
Lin = Forest or Woods
Quan = Fist (i"ve heard also, hand)

Wu-Yi = Martial Arts

But I am not proficient enough in the language to say for sure. :confused:

SimonM
06-04-2008, 10:26 AM
Xiao and Shao are actually separate, almost identical, characters.

Blacktiger
06-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Last year when we went to Shaolin for a school trip we went to the kit shop as I like to call it like a bunch of silly school kids in a lolly shop looking for swords and shoes etc.

We could not find original Feiyues!!!

But they did have Feiyun's - anyway came back home an within about 1 month I had to throw them away as they just fell apart and had even less foot support...if that is possible than the originals.

Ya got to love it though - the guy behind the counter must have been thinking silly western tourists :D

GeneChing
06-04-2008, 04:38 PM
小 Xiao = small, tiny or few. It can also mean young

少 Shao = young (note: change the tone from 3rd to 2nd and the same character means few, little or lack)

The difference is one Nike slash. ;)

This causes a lot of confusion, especially with xiaohongquan.

BTW, SimonM, why for you apologize to me? :rolleyes:

Pk_StyLeZ
06-04-2008, 05:33 PM
Last year when we went to Shaolin for a school trip we went to the kit shop as I like to call it like a bunch of silly school kids in a lolly shop looking for swords and shoes etc.

We could not find original Feiyues!!!

But they did have Feiyun's - anyway came back home an within about 1 month I had to throw them away as they just fell apart and had even less foot support...if that is possible than the originals.

Ya got to love it though - the guy behind the counter must have been thinking silly western tourists :D

yep feiyun do fall apart a lot faster!!!

SimonM
06-04-2008, 08:52 PM
BTW, SimonM, why for you apologize to me? :rolleyes:

LOL Being overly polite or overly formal probably as feed-back from whatever call I had just taken prior to posting the message while at work.

xcakid
06-06-2008, 11:08 AM
Xiao and Shao are actually separate, almost identical, characters.

小 Xiao = small, tiny or few. It can also mean young

少 Shao = young (note: change the tone from 3rd to 2nd and the same character means few, little or lack)

The difference is one Nike slash. ;)

This causes a lot of confusion, especially with xiaohongquan.

Never knew that on the character. I've always just lumped them together. :o

Thanks!!

GeneChing
08-18-2008, 11:08 AM
Nike blew me off. :rolleyes:

The Shoe Olympics (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121520521471229245.html?mod=yhoofront)
Nike rolls out 28 specialty shoes, for each sport in the Games; Adidas has 27
By MIKE ESTERL and NICHOLAS CASEY
July 5, 2008;

Engineers have been burning the midnight oil designing vast infrastructure, security and crowd control for Beijing's Olympic Games. Not to mention a better table-tennis shoe.

Nike is using the Beijing Olympics as a springboard to help it gain a larger share of the Chinese market. MarketWatch's Andria Cheng reports.

On a converted U.S. Army base in rural Herzogenaurach, Germany, six designers at Adidas have spent the past several years tinkering with specialized footwear for badminton, fencing and two dozen other sports ahead of the games. Among the challenges: Rowers must not sink with their boat, wrestlers shouldn't be able to untie shoelaces and -- perhaps most important -- nobody's feet should sweat too much.

On the other side of the world in leafy Beaverton, Ore., a similar process has played out at the campus of Nike, where buildings are named for Olympians such as Steve Prefontaine. The Adidas archrival has rolled out specialty shoes for all 28 official Olympic sports this year. That's up from the 11 it designed at the 2004 Athens Games and one-ups Adidas, which is supplying 27 specialty shoes after steering clear of an equestrian model.

It's a serious business. Since China is the companies' most important growth market -- more than a billion pairs of feet -- they're in a neck-and-neck race for dominance. Both want to showcase their footwear technology during the Olympics and generate brand buzz -- even if they don't end up selling many archery or weight-lifting shoes.

Each company prides itself on its history of inventiveness: Adidas founder Adi Dassler began designing shoes in his family's laundry room after World War I, while Nike co-founder Bill Bowerman forged his initial sole designs in his wife's waffle iron.

The Games's official sportswear sponsor, Adidas, likes to point to its longer track record, having outfitted Olympians in Amsterdam in 1928 and, later, sprinter Jesse Owens and boxer Muhammad Ali.

But the boldest experiments don't always pan out. After the 1968 games, for example, Adidas invited U.S. high jumper **** Fosbury to Herzogenaurach. He'd won gold in Mexico City with his revolutionary "Fosbury flop," turning the straddle technique on its head by going over the bar head and shoulders first. Adidas designed a new shoe with him in mind. "They didn't work. I tossed them," said Mr. Fosbury, now 61 years old and himself an engineer. He found the prototype too slippery and dubbed it the "Cyclops" because it replaced several spikes in the ball of the shoe with a single one. Mr. Fosbury says he appreciated the effort and still wears only Adidas running shoes: "I'm a loyal guy," he said.

Adidas expects to outfit more than 3,000 of the estimated 10,500 athletes. Consumers will be able to try on some of the Olympic specialty shoes at Adidas stores, and all of them will be on sale at Adidas's online site and catalog site eastbay.com. Nike says it's supplying "thousands" of athletes (like Adidas, free of charge). Nike isn't planning the same broad Olympics shoe campaign, but says many of its shoes will be available on Nike.com, as well as some retailers, later this month. The company is already selling its redesigned basketball and running shoes in China.

As for smaller shoe companies, Japan's Mizuno and Asics, Germany's Puma and Adidas's Reebok unit are outfitting athletes and touting Olympic credentials, too, from volleyball to track and field.

Tackling a Martial Art

Change comes slowly for the age-old Chinese martial art of wushu. But this year, it's joining forces with the swoosh.

In an unlikely move for a U.S. footwear company, Nike is joining the small Chinese market of wushu shoemakers. The modern version of the sport, a close cousin of kung fu, emphasizes aesthetic and athletic performance over basic fighting. While it isn't an official Olympic sport, an Olympic-sanctioned tournament will take place this summer.

That was enough for Nike to jump in. The shoes would have to survive a host of punishing moves: rapid accelerations and braking; 720-degree gymnastic-like spins; and the use of weapons including broadswords, staffs and double-edged swords (see picture).

In a Beijing park, a four-person Nike team sought out septuagenarian Master Wu Bin, who was teaching hundreds of students, for his help. He agreed, and work eventually shifted to Nike's Beaverton, Ore., campus, where researchers slapped scores of reflective markers onto U.S. wushu athletes and their weapons while 16 high-speed video cameras recorded data. "Reflective markers were flying," said Jeff Pisciotta, who studies athlete biomechanics in the Nike lab. Researchers from the University of Beijing and the University of Shanghai eventually pitched in.

The final shoe, to be sold for $80 at Nike.com, uses sturdy kangaroo leather instead of the typical canvas and a lightweight gum rubber for more-precise pivoting during moves. An unexpected problem: painful shoelaces, because wushu athletes traditionally hit their shoes with their palms as part of their performance. Nike created pockets to hide shoelace tips for easier slapping.

wuseng33
08-18-2008, 08:50 PM
its funny that martial artists will slap sand, water , rock , concrete and whatever else in attempts to have hands like iron but nike thought it was important for something on the shoes for "ease of slapping" haha

MasterKiller
08-19-2008, 06:12 AM
You can order them online. (http://www.nike.com/index.jhtml?sitesrc=USLP#l=nikestore,olympic_store ,made_for_olympian&re=US&co=US&la=EN)

Click "Wushu" at the bottom. They look pretty sweet.

sean_stonehart
08-19-2008, 06:47 AM
It'd be nice if they had sizes to fit normal people... :eek:

GeneChing
08-19-2008, 10:24 AM
...but $70 is too rich for my blood. That's more than adidas (http://www.martialartsmart.net/a90-sk.html).

sean_stonehart
08-19-2008, 10:54 AM
I've never liked Nike honestly & the Adidas shoes are fragile after a few good sweeps series on concrete.

Fei Yue's... that's a different story. Hightop Fei Yue could be a even better story!:D;)

Lucas
08-19-2008, 11:13 AM
...but $70 is too rich for my blood. That's more than adidas (http://www.martialartsmart.net/a90-sk.html).

not as much as these. but these shoes make me drool

http://www.martialartsmart.net/a90-lk.html

I think i'll be placing an order for either a pair of these or the other addidas' pretty soon. I like to run in mat shoes and mine have seen far better days.

its bad when you realize your skin is touching concrete while you run.

MasterKiller
08-19-2008, 11:17 AM
not as much as these. but these shoes make me drool

http://www.martialartsmart.net/a90-lk.html

I think i'll be placing an order for either a pair of these or the other addidas' pretty soon. I like to run in mat shoes and mine have seen far better days.

its bad when you realize your skin is touching concrete while you run.

Adidas fall apart, as do Tiger Claws.

I run in Feiyues.

GeneChing
08-19-2008, 12:19 PM
i've heard plenty about adidas and tiger claw (http://www.martialartsmart.net/90-201.html) - they've been around for years - but has anyone tried some shaolinquans? i'm horribly curious...

Lucas
08-19-2008, 12:25 PM
Adidas fall apart, as do Tiger Claws.

I run in Feiyues.

dang, thats bad news. ive been running in feiyues lately...

i have this pair of mat shoes that I got from this tae kwon do school a few years ago that held up pretty well. I wish I knew what company they were from.

Lucas
08-19-2008, 12:26 PM
im not allowed to wear Nike. it burns, oh it burns.

rapier6360
08-19-2008, 01:05 PM
Sign me up for those new Nikes.The best martial arts shoes I ever had, back in the late 80's were Nike They are not made any more. The soles of Feiyues last but are a bit too grippy for me. Those metal eyelets hurt when you kick a bag and when they start to break free OUCH!!!. I recently tried Addidas TKD's but they had no latteral support & the soles were too narrow even for my average width feet. It's hard to have a stable stance when you are rolling off the sides. The soles also started to peel off after only a month or two. I'm trying Disipline brand now and loving them. Excellent lateral support, wider soles, and soles designed not to peel off. Anybody tried the ringstar brand yet?

Pk_StyLeZ
08-20-2008, 07:24 PM
nike...i wonder how they compare to the feiyues..the feiyues are just so comfortableeeeeeeeee
i use to wear them to go to school and to the movies and etc

doug maverick
08-20-2008, 09:44 PM

70 bucks for sneakers is cheap i'd buy them. maybe its because i'm from ny and we usually spend like a buck fifty for jordans lol. anyway i rock a size 15 shoe size and they don't have any of those so looks like i'm not getting a pair of shaolinquans.

Lucas
08-21-2008, 09:50 AM
dang man, size 15...

maybe you would be better off strapping a couple of VW bugs on your feet and calling it good.

nolte13
09-04-2008, 01:43 PM
...did anyone manage to get a hold of the Shaolinquans?

I actually spoke with a representative from Nike, and they said the shoes were only available for Olympians, no one else.

How unfair.

I didn't know we had to be Olympians to have cool shoes, but oh well.

wuseng33
09-05-2008, 02:24 AM
hey guys was having a look on taobao the other day and came across these shoes i dont know if they are the shaolinquans or not as i havnt seen the shaolinquans yet
http://search1.taobao.com/browse/0/n-95-----------------g,nzuwwzjao52xg2dv----------------40--commend-0-all-0.htm?at_topsearch=1

GeneChing
10-20-2008, 01:46 PM
Zhou Qingjun was here today and he had his full Nike uniform, complete with Shaolinquans (Nike sponsored the Chinese wushu team for the Wushu Tournament Beijing). The shoes looked pretty **** cool, I must confess. The styling was very Chinese modern, ala Beijing 2008. The soles already had some chips on the sides, so it's hard to tell how well they might hold up, but then again, I'm sure someone like Zhou puts his shoes through some abuse. Zhou's uniform was yellow with gray trim, and the shoes matched. I could see rocking a pair that was black with red trim. Maybe Nike could see their way to expanding their clients from Olympians to Associate Publishers.

Pk_StyLeZ
10-21-2008, 10:20 PM
Hi Gene, I got a pair to try, been wearing them for the last 2-3 weeks.

Out of 10...

looks - 9 - they are great no doubt about it

comfort - upper 8 sole 4 - that's the biggest problem, the sole is hard and thin, made for carpets, so on hard training surfaces they are not comfortable (even worse outdoor)

stability and balance - 8 - very good, not too stiff not too unstable

cost - 4 - they are expensive, about 90 USD in China

wear - 6 - they seem to hold up well so far but the leather is very thin and soft, I imagine it will wear through quite quickly with hard training

overall - 8 if you train on carpets, 5 on other surfaces.

Anyway good to see major brands getting interested in our disciplines.

how do they compare to feiyues?
feiyues have thin soles too..but i have no problem training with them on concrete..doesnt bother me...

GeneChing
10-31-2008, 10:08 AM
...if there were any shaolinquans in that shipment. I'd rock knock-off shaolinquans. If anyone is in Jersey and sees some Nikes for sale in the alley behind the police station, I'm a size 7.5. ;)

15,000 pairs of Nikes were counterfeit, cops say (http://www.northjersey.com/news/northernnj/15000_pairs_of_Nikes_were_counterfeit_cops_say.htm l)
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
BY MERRY FIRSCHEIN
STAFF WRITER

FORT LEE — Four men who allegedly were trying to move 15,000 pairs of counterfeit Nike sneakers into a Main Street storage facility have been arrested, police said.

Police Sgt. Lenny Cottrell was on patrol yesterday afternoon when he saw Xian Liu, 21, and Hai Zhou, 40, both of Queens, N.Y., Xiao Chen, 34, of Staten Island, N.Y., and Quian Geng, 36, of China unloading a cargo container into a storage unit at Extra Space Storage, 550 Main St., police Lt. William Sutera said this afternoon.

Cottrell “investigated what they were unloading and saw there were Nike brand sneakers in large boxes,” Sutera said.

The men were taken into custody, and several officers were sent to stand guard while the Bergen County Prosecutor’s Office prepared a search warrant for the container and storage locker, Sutera said.

Once the warrant arrived at 9:30 last night, at least six officers spent about three hours unloading the boxes from the container, the lieutenant said.

The boxes contained 14,000 pairs of counterfeit Nikes shipped from China, Sutera said. An additional 1,000 pairs were found in the storage unit, he said. Police also seized $13,000 from Chen, and three vehicles: a Lexus belonging to Zhou, a Nissan belonging to Liu and a 24-foot Mitsubishi box truck belonging to Chen.

Sutera said the department called in a specialist in counterfeit good who works with major brands. The man identified the sneakers as “obviously fake,” the lieutenant said.

The estimated street value of the sneakers is about $1.4 million, Sutera said. He said he didn’t know what would happen to the shoes once they are not needed as evidence anymore.

The four men face charges related to counterfeit trademarks. Chen also was charged with money laundering. The men were being held this afternoon on $25,000 bail apiece at Fort Lee police headquarters.