PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone watch Fist of the North Star or Dragon Ball Z (GT)?

Super-Fist
07-27-2001, 10:34 PM
What are some of your favorite Martial Arts Animes (cartoons)? I think Fist of the North Star is the best ever...I hardly ever see any "good" martial art animes. Thanks.

Design Sifu
07-29-2001, 08:59 PM
Yeah... we used to watch Fist of the North Star the series like every friday night durring collage!!! GREAT stuff...

The movie was pretty good to... but it compress too much of that epic story! I guess it was the pay-off for the higher quality in Animation.

There was also an HBO live action Movie of it... VERY bizarre!!! I believe it was directed by a Toney Randel (odd couple?) Worth watching but not nearly as enjoyable as the anime!!!

Super-Fist
08-01-2001, 04:30 AM
THANKS, Design Sifu.

ExitusDeorum
08-08-2001, 08:51 PM
Hmm.... I wouldn't class DBZ as a martial arts anime as such - when's the last time you saw your sifu throw a fireballs? And they simply use the same techniques again and again! There's no imaginative combinations - just one kick repeated 40 times in a coupla seconds...
Still - it is a bloody great series... ''Kamehameha!!!' :)

"Cry shamefully and let loose the turnips of war!"

honorisc
08-10-2001, 01:36 PM
Robotech, G-Force.?.Chinese Gods.

Very some such, perhaps might have been, likely say some, some not.

NorthernMantis
08-11-2001, 04:02 PM
Seen alomost every epsisode of dragon ball,almost evry episode of dragon ball z,and some of gt (didn't like the begining).

Does anyone know what gt stands for?Grand tour maybe?

"Always be ready"

Silumkid
08-20-2001, 03:19 AM
If you really want to see an awesome martial arts anime, I highly recommend Grappler Baki. The fights are amazingly detailed and the dialouge is accurate whether you watch it in Japanese or English.

We are trained in wushu; we must protect the Temple!

GreyFox81
08-26-2001, 06:55 AM
Dragon Ball Z rules my favorite dbz movie is the one where they first fought Brolli

death doesn't end life i do

Vash
07-23-2009, 07:30 PM
Specifically, the "Legend of . . ." series. On dvd.

I've got the Toki and Yuria vids downloaded, but would like the full set. Cannot find them ANYWHERE, even though I have DVD-quality rips of the above, and one of the Raoh cycles is on Youtube.

Anyone help?

Vash
07-26-2009, 08:04 AM
TTT!

Ten CHaracter limit technique!

AdrianK
07-26-2009, 11:30 AM
They're very hard to find. As far as I know they were not released here and are not licensed to be. Check out hokutoarmy.wordpress.com, those guys frequently sub related series like Souten No Ken and they've got the Kenshiro movie(the last in the series that yuria and toki movies are from) if I remember correctly.

Vash
07-27-2009, 07:14 PM
Awesome, thanks!

GeneChing
07-09-2014, 08:11 AM
Our latest ezine offering: Interview with Steve Wang (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=1166) by Corey Danna. I'm posting this here because it dabbles in Fist of the North Star, and we don't have threads for many of the other films mentioned like Drive, Guyver or Kung Fu Rascals (we did consider the Blade Trinity (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?34473-Blade-Trinity) thread but went with this instead).