PDA

View Full Version : "The Last Dragon" the movie

jbmmaster
07-28-2001, 01:58 AM
Has anyone seen this movie? its a pretty good movie in my opinion even though it is sort of old. what do you think about this movie?

HuangKaiVun
07-28-2001, 04:17 AM
Fantastic movie. I've seen it over and over again. Great acting, solid fight scenes, cute humor.

I might acquire it for my video library.

phoenix-eye
07-28-2001, 04:29 AM
Whatever happened to Taimak and the bad guy with the long hair?

Wasn't there some a midget and some sort of Cyndi Lauper looking girl in the film too?

I'm showing my age now.....

"We had a thing to settle so I did him"
Tamai, 43, was quoted by Police as saying.

Chang Style Novice
07-28-2001, 10:02 AM
HuangKaiVun -

Good luck finding it; for some reason Berry Gordy is so embarrassed by it that he refuses to have it rereleased in any format.

And yet he continues to allow Diana Ross to make records - go fig.

wufupaul
07-28-2001, 06:56 PM
I've found that video on Yahoo auctions, and on Ebay, but I've never bought it. I haven't been able to find a copy of it online for under 30 bucks or so, it's a classic movie, but it's not worth that much, in my opinion. It's full of classic funny martial arts lines though, haha.

"Who is your daddy, and what does he do?"-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Losttrak
07-28-2001, 07:01 PM
That movie is what really got me into martial arts. Loved that flick!

"If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

Jimbo
07-28-2001, 07:11 PM
I have seen it out in the video stores like Suncoast video in the MA section, though I don't plan to buy it. I thought it was okay. At the time it was released, I thought the best thing about it was Vanity. :)
Jim

shaolinboxer
07-29-2001, 05:25 PM
Actually, the special edition DVD is out now. It's not ahrd to find at all.

I love this movie, mostly for the characterization...I'll never forget Bruce Lee Roy, soulbrutha like no otha.

And how can you not love Sho'nuff, the shogun of harlem....

Besides, this movie askes the vital question, who is the one and only master?

Design Sifu
07-29-2001, 08:55 PM
ooooooh Yeah...

AND Palm Trees grow in Harlem!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

wufupaul
07-29-2001, 10:03 PM
Catches bullets with his teeth? It's out on DVD? No friggin way, I guess I'm gonna have to go buy a DVD player now, holy schnikes!

MiamiMantis
07-29-2001, 10:51 PM
you a catch it on cinemax or showtime once in awhile check your weekly listings... :) :D ;) :cool:

wufupaul
07-29-2001, 11:34 PM
I went to CDNow, and they must have just released it again on vhs and dvd within the last few months, cause I have been looking for that movie for years, with no luck. That's awesome.

nightair
08-03-2001, 05:59 AM
THAT IS THE BEST MOVIE EVER!!!
I love that movie. It is so funny.

NyHc
08-08-2001, 09:24 PM
Just directa yo feetza to Daddy Green's pizza.
I've had to have seen that movie at least 500 times. I used to watch it all the time when I was a kid.
I heard they were releasing the soundtrack as well...for all you El Debarge fans.
I know Taimak studied some style in real life - I don't think he studied just for the movie. Does annyone know what he studied?

wufupaul
08-08-2001, 10:44 PM
He studied Chinese Goju under Ron Van Clief in NYC.

"But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, cause I'm going to ram it into your stomach!"-Arnold Schwarzenegger

apoweyn
08-13-2001, 11:18 PM
I've got Taimak's autograph. Line forms to the left.

The guy that played Sho Nuff played in Briscoe County Jr. and then Two Guys, A Girl, and a Pizza Place. (He ran the pizza place.)

The Cyndi Lauper look alike ended up playing Paul's girlfriend on Spin City.

The rest of 'em, including Vanity, I have no idea.

Stuart B. (The Shogun of Useless Information)

apoweyn
08-13-2001, 11:20 PM
Oh, and Taimak, I've spotted once or twice as a cornerman in the UFC. Presumably, he's somehow associated with one of the competitors. No, I can't remember which one. Even my Useless Information powers have their limits.

RENEGADE_MONK
08-14-2001, 04:58 PM
Taimak also played the fighter Panther on WMAC Masters

[This message was edited by RENEGADE_MONK on 08-15-01 at 12:31 PM.]

Fish of Fury
08-15-2001, 05:32 AM
great movie.
now, somebody help me out here.

the soundtrack, in the song "the last dragon" (i think that's what it's called) at the end the backing singers are singing "dragon, dragon, dragon" over and over, and i swear right near the end they change that to "fa ggot, fa ggot, fa ggot"
i'm not kidding.

anybody notice that? or should i just stop eating the red pills?

__________________________________________________ _________________________ "I'm just trying to lull you into a genuine sense of security!"

Radhnoti
09-09-2001, 03:16 AM
Just bought the DVD today from On Cue (affiliate of Best Buy).
I was stunned to see Chazz Palminterri as one of the 4 wiseguys Leroy beats up in the first fight. He's SUCH a good actor...always fun to spot your favorites in their early roles. :)