PDA

View Full Version : Drunken Master 3???

Koa
07-20-2001, 05:58 AM
Just finished a search for "Jet Li" on Amazon. Among the results was a DVD titled "Drunken Master 3". It was supposedly filmed in 1994. I've never heard of this film. How about anyone else???

Chang Style Novice
07-21-2001, 02:05 AM
Dunno, 'bout that, but IMDB reports that Jackie Chan and Jet Li are in negotiations to do a movie together - no other people or scripts are attached to the project yet, so no-one can say yet what it will be like or if it will be any good.

But we do know it won't be as good as what they might've done 10 years ago.

Crimson Phoenix
07-22-2001, 12:31 AM
I read somewhere that Liu Cha Liang did a DM 3 and that it is a complete shiat, the worst of his career (he's still my idol though heheheh)
I'd advise you not to lose time with it...

shaolinboxer
07-25-2001, 11:13 PM
DM 3 is not good. Very lame indeed.

Black_Talon
07-26-2001, 08:42 AM
I have a question is Drunken Master 2 also called The Legend of Druken Master?

------------------
Some may boast of prowess bold,
Of the school they think so grand,
But there's a Spirit, can ne'er be told,
It's the Spirit of Aggieland
------------------
------------------
UT Unlimited, your premier mapping site!
Ace82@unrealism.com
UT Unlimited (http://utu.unrealism.com)

Chang Style Novice
07-26-2001, 02:23 PM
Yes, and there is an older Jackie Chanless movie that is sometimes called Drunken Master 2, and also sometimes called Dance of the Drunk Mantis. Escellent show! Good stuff between Rubberlegs (Hwang Jing Man sp?) and Sam the Seed (who's real name I forget) and also their buddies and students.

Goldenmane
08-06-2001, 05:39 AM
Okay, DM3 sucked royally. Not advised viewing.

DM2, aka Legend of the Drunken Master, was/is brilliant. DM3 was Lau's answer to getting kicked off DM2 by the producers. Unfortunately it backfired.

Dance of the Drunken Mantis is the real sequel to Drunken Master. DM2 has nothing to do with the first movie, despite that they are both about a young Wong Fei Hung, and star Jackie Chan.

Dance is a reasonably amusing flick too.

-geoff

-A hundred enemies, a hundred cups of wine. Infinite enemies, infinite wine.-