PDA

View Full Version : Dit da jow??

dmwingchung
06-05-2008, 11:18 AM
Has anyone ever tried this Dit Da Jow? Bamboo Forest dit da Jow?

I have been buying my jow from ebay for about a year now but this seems to be a much better price. 32 oz for $39 and no shipping fee.

I'm not sure what differences there might be. I mailed the guy and he said the current batch he is selling is aged about 4 months at this time. I know my former sifu used to make soak his for about 3 months and is was good. I am tired of paying big companies money...and I don't have the patience or desire to make it...I think I might give it a try.

I searched Bamboo Forest online...I couldn't find much...except that it is associated with jook lum s. praying mantis...and a baboo forest temple. The page lists the ingredients.....but it doesn't mean much to me....it seems ok...i'm probably loking into it way to much....

Any tips??

The ebay ad is #180250463614.
Thanks,
D

UKBBC
06-05-2008, 07:21 PM
Make your own? If you forage around some wing chun books you can find the chinese herbal ingredients list to take to any chinese herbalist, and they will sell you what you need. Then get a bucket of alcohol and soak them for a month, sorted!

aelward
06-05-2008, 09:21 PM
Yes, making your own jow will definitely be much less expensive than buying the pre-made stuff. Nothing in that e-bay formula pops out as being particularly expensive.

Lee Chiang Po
06-08-2008, 09:40 PM
Corn Husker's hand lotion works really good, and it don't stink or have dead things in it. Pure glycerin works best, and it is the base for the Corn Husker's lotion. It generated heat as you rub it and it penetrates well. Just don't have the mystique of the Dit Da Jow.

couch
06-09-2008, 02:47 AM
I, like others, would be more akin to making my own. All you need are a bunch of Chinese herbs and some vodka. Let soak in a glass container in a cool space (pantry) for a few months, extract what you need...and you're set.

I'm sure there are more complicated methods, but my Sifu always said: KISK. Keep It Simple, Kenton. :p

Piercinghammer
06-13-2008, 10:04 AM
I posted a Wing Chun dit da jow formula a while back, but I have been selling dit da jow herbs of all sorts for many years. I have dozens of written precriptions that have been passed to me over the past 30 years and I translate them and somtimes make the ones that I find interesting. Anyway I am now selling the herbs for the Wing Chun anti-contusion formula, as it is tranlated. $18.00 for
the raw herbs to make 32 oz of jow. I have included a picture of the formula and a link to my website where pictures of formulas and herbs are kept.

thanks

Mike biggie
Akron Kung Fu academy

Mantisbxr@aol.com

http://akronkungfu.com/html/chinese_herbs.html