PDA

View Full Version : Journey to the West: Looking for Ba Gua in Portland Oregon

Zenshiite
06-06-2008, 11:08 PM
I'm moving to Portland Oregon in a few weeks and I'm looking for reputable Ba Gua teachers there. Anyone has any suggestions or leads please hook me up.

I've got limited 9 Palace experience in Cheng style.

Three Harmonies
06-07-2008, 08:07 AM
Several folks up here (Seattle), but I do not know of much in Portland I would suggest.
Cheers
Jake :cool:

Zenshiite
06-07-2008, 08:20 AM
Thanks.

I'm looking at Gregory Fong for I Chuan. Doesn't seem to really be any Ba Gua there. I'm already going to be going down to SoCal for my current Ba Gua teacher... on his suggestion though, it couldn't hurt to find more regular instruction.

Three Harmonies
06-08-2008, 06:30 AM
Well you are always welcome up here. A gent by the name of Jesse has talked about bringing me, and other teachers, down to the Portland area, but nothing to speak of yet.
I have heard little about Fong, but it all has been positive.
Good luck,
Jake :)

brucereiter
06-08-2008, 09:30 PM
I'm moving to Portland Oregon in a few weeks and I'm looking for reputable Ba Gua teachers there. Anyone has any suggestions or leads please hook me up.

I've got limited 9 Palace experience in Cheng style.

look up a guy named lincoln he and a bunch of others practice at lauralhurst park in portland. he will be able to point you in the right direction. he posts at emptyflower (.com)

jdhowland
06-11-2008, 11:36 AM
[QUOTE=Three Harmonies;866143]
I have heard little about Fong, but it all has been positive.QUOTE]

Here's one more: Greg Fong is the real thing. He knows more than he advertises on his website and may be able to direct you to some ba gua.

jd

TaichiMantis
06-11-2008, 12:57 PM
[QUOTE=Three Harmonies;866143]
I have heard little about Fong, but it all has been positive.QUOTE]

Here's one more: Greg Fong is the real thing. He knows more than he advertises on his website and may be able to direct you to some ba gua.

jd

I second or third that!;)

Zenshiite
06-12-2008, 09:03 PM
Cool. Thanks guys!

I used to live around Laurelhurst back in '00, might end up there again.

tsuei08
12-06-2008, 06:58 PM
Hey Zen, How'd your search go? I'm in Salem/Keizer and looking. I've thought maybe a 1x or 2x a month excursion to Portland might end up being my best choice, better good training less often, than... well, you know... I had a recommendation for Sifu Fong, thoughts?...