PDA

View Full Version : Mel-Gar Leopard Kung Fu? Cites for Article

gunglihchuan
06-08-2008, 07:31 AM
Dear Kung Fu Magazine Staff:

I posted this question in Southern Kung Fu thread but no one could come up with any leads. I was wondering if any of the magazine staff could give me some background information (location of school, history of style) on . . .

Grandmaster Chi-Chung Kwong who is a teacher of Lung Fu Ying Pai (Dragon Tiger Eagle system?).

Jason William McNeil. The author of the article, the type and amount of training he has?

I have included my orginal post to the southern kung fu thread as a reference.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Regards,
Steve

Mel-Gar Leopard Kung Fu?

In the most current issue of Inside Kung Fu there was an article about a rare southern style of kung fu called Mel Gar. This style was supposedly a leopard kung fu style that is no longer practiced by itself.

It is taught by Grandmaster Chi-Chung Kwong who is a teacher of Lung Fu Ying Pai (Dragon Tiger Eagle system?).

This article was written by Jason William McNeil. This person is a freelance writer and have yet to find out the type and amount of training he has?

I have searched on the web and found nothing about Grandmaster Chi-Chung Kwong and Lung Fu Ying Pai (Dragon Tiger Eagle system).

I was wondering if anyone has found any information about this system or about Jason William McNeil's background?

Regards,

Steve

GeneChing
06-09-2008, 12:30 PM
I take no responsibility for anything published in IKF. :D

gunglihchuan
06-11-2008, 01:30 PM
I am truly sorry. I addressed this question to the publishers of the wrong magazine.
Please accept my sincere apologies.
Regards,
Steve

GeneChing
06-11-2008, 04:41 PM
It happens all the time. All Chinese look alike, you know. ;)

If you forward your question to IKF, and if they answer it, please report back here and let us know what they say.