PDA

View Full Version : cant decide what style of kung fu to train in

thenatural
06-12-2008, 09:17 AM
Hi for a long time ive been into tkd and jujitsu, but i really want to get into a traditional chinese kung fu, from what ive been told diff styles some times have more the one stance, correct me if im wrong, but i would like to get into one that is more complex then some of the other, and id like to get into one that has more then one stance so i could switch it up now and then and train on diff stance/technique, but i am still pretty new to kung fu, i allso dont care if it gose well with tkd or jujitsu im all for starting from scratch again, any info would really help thxs :)

i know i have posted in 2 boards asking a simaliar thing and i apologize for makeing a new therad about allmost the same topic:eek:

SimonM
06-12-2008, 09:35 AM
Than don't do it! There is a thread on THIS BOARD about this.

thenatural
06-12-2008, 10:23 AM
i can post about anything i want period

SPJ
06-12-2008, 11:00 AM
just take the flyers and sit in a few classes from schools available to you nearby.

then decide which school to start.

fair warning, a good teacher is hard to find.

--

it is not about what they teach, but how they teach.

--

the other side of the coin is you factor, what works best for you in terms of your physical attributes, speed, etc.

what is best for me may not be the best for you.

at the end of the day, what ever works the best for you is the best style for you.

if you like northern style, people may start with tan tui and long fist.

tan tui exists in almost all the northern styles.

in terms of people doing the styles.

mantis is the most popular in shan dong. Ba Ji in he bei, but now is everywhere

Ba gua in beijing, etc.

my point is that we all start with whatever is available to us first then go from there.

best of luck in finding a good teacher.

:D

MasterKiller
06-12-2008, 11:01 AM
i can post about anything i want period

One thread per topic, please. Follow forum ettiquete or you will be banned.

SimonM
06-12-2008, 11:09 AM
This guy is heading for bantown anyway. He's posted the same question in at least three threads today. The third time was literally a cut-and-paste of the second.

cjurakpt
06-12-2008, 03:25 PM
I would, once again, like to raise the issue regarding, and vigorously protest in the strongest possible terms against, the increasingly lax entry-criteria for trolls on KFMF