PDA

View Full Version : Legend of Zu

Crimson Phoenix
08-26-2001, 02:40 PM
A VCD in cantonese has just been released about the making of Legend of Zu (Zu 2)...arrgghhhh, it looks incredible, scenes will be anthological...Stormriders is pale compared to it and CTHD will look like a nutrasweet movie...boy, if you can get your hands on the VCD, do it, I just seen a couple of minutes of it and I'm rushing to Chinatown to get the whole package...WOW

HuangKaiVun
08-26-2001, 04:54 PM
I didn't enjoy this movie at all - and I didn't enjoy Stormriders either.

Hopefully, the MAKING of the movie will be better than the movie itself!

Crimson Phoenix
08-26-2001, 05:05 PM
You mean you saw Zu 2 already? I mean, the movie was supposed to start in HK in december, then in august, but I heard there was a pirate VCD already circulating...
Or are you talking about another movie??

HuangKaiVun
08-26-2001, 05:16 PM
Zu I. My bad.

Crimson Phoenix
08-26-2001, 06:33 PM
Wew...you worried me for a second heheheh
But well, apparently you won't like the second one either if you liked neither Zu 1 nor Stormriders...I agree it's a particular "genre" that doesn't fit all tastes and some people are really allergic to it...
But it seems the MA in Zu 2 will be far more better (OK, it's not tough hahahaha) than Stormrider's
Plus you have Zhang Ziyi hehehehe

Black_Talon
08-27-2001, 06:49 AM
Sweet thx for the info!

And BTW Zhang Ziyi I'd let her kick my A$$ all day long!! She is stunning!

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/3_5/images/rush05.jpg

http://www.askmen.com/imagessexsymbol/2001_jul/zhang_ziyi/zhang_ziyi_150.jpg

http://chinese.altocelebs.com/z/zhang-zi-yi/a-000026-im-000443.jpg

http://utu.unrealism.com/AceScreens/avatar.gif
Some may boast of prowess bold,
Of the school they think so grand,
But there's a Spirit, can ne'er be told,
It's the Spirit of Aggieland
------------------
------------------
UT Unlimited, your premier mapping site!
Ace82@unrealism.com
UT Unlimited (http://utu.unrealism.com)

[This message was edited by Black_Talon on 08-27-01 at 10:02 PM.]

Crimson Phoenix
08-27-2001, 11:12 AM
I hear ya, bro!!
But I won't let her take care of my a$$ before I take care of her's :eek:

GeneChing
10-29-2002, 10:37 AM
It was stunning visually. What a spin off the original. I really didn't think of it as a "kungfu movie" since the kungfu is minimal, but it's a great wuxia pian, and high fantasy on the level of star wars or lord of the rings. Very park-your-brain-outside and just watch the show. The skull demon was my favorite.

We carried the dvd at www.martialartsmart.com until Miramax shut us all down. We lost the rights to distribute in the U.S. for that and a few others, like Shaolin Soccer. I thought it was primed for a U.S. release, especially with Zhang and CTHD. But Shaolin Soccer was supposed to come out first, and now that's all confused. Poor Miramax, they got the goods, but they don't know how to present them.

Hai_To
10-29-2002, 12:49 PM
I agree with Gene. Legend of Zu is one of my favorite HK flicks. Not for the martial arts (which are practically non-existent), but for the visuals and for the fun. It makes no sense, but it is just so much fun to watch. Thank God I was able to pick it up on DVD in NY's Chinatown.

Besides, any movie with Cecilia Chung is a quality flick.

dezhen2001
10-30-2002, 07:04 AM
shame it got such bad reviews... the effects and visuals were a real masterpiece if u ask me!

but i saw the Mandarin VCD no subs so couldnt catch much of what it was about :p

dawood

GeneChing
10-30-2002, 10:06 AM
I suppose it would be even harder to understand if you didn't know anything about martial arts. Studying Emei style made it particularly amusing for me.

They need to market it like an art film, not a pop film. Pick up on that CTHD crowd. I think it's too psychedelic for the pop audience, especially with Bush in office :p

GeneChing
10-31-2002, 10:21 AM
Ekin's cool. Great hair. I guess you have to get into cantonpop to understand. ;) I like Cecilia too. Neither of them have much range. They are just eye candy. But that whole movie is eye candy. We Californians love eye candy, so they should just release it here. I've always thought that it would be a great backdrop video screen at a rave or some such. It definately does't require tha audial track. In fact, I think that detracts from the overall power of that film.

GeneChing
11-05-2002, 10:51 AM
Yep, we're Sky Reflectors them installed with the next upgrade. Of course, that will seriously reduce our membership here. :D

Zu didn't strike me as that deep, but I thoroughly enjoyed it nontheless.

@PLUGO
11-05-2002, 01:28 PM
I've always thought that it would be a great backdrop video screen at a rave or some such.

Well I've played the DVD at several parties... small jams & larger events with digitial projection... it IS great eye candy and with the subtitles available it hasn't been uncommon findiing a handful of peep kicking back on a couch or whatever digging the flick amidst the festivities...

A great Before, Durring and After type of film!!!

GeneChing
11-07-2002, 10:14 AM
Gotcha. Actually since I've been studying Emei style lately, I enjoyed the cultural underpinnings. When do I get to learn those moves? ;) <- tongue in cheek.

Loved that link. Took forever to download though. I'm glad someone else took the time to create it. ;) ;)