PDA

View Full Version : Attn Gene Ching

sean_stonehart
10-02-2001, 06:01 PM
Gene... are you going on the trip to Beijing/Shaolin/Luoyang next year with Lam Sifu? If you are, could I ask a favor of you?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats.

-- H.L. Mencken

GeneChing
10-02-2001, 07:02 PM
You lucked out - I usually don't check this forum. Better to get me on the TC Media or Shaolin forums.

I am not going on Wing Lam's tour. After co-leading the first tour, which ended in a car accident where several participants were injured enough to require urgent hospital care, I decided not to lead tours anymore. I met up with his tour in '99, but have no plans to met up with him in '02 at this time. But things could change.
I just got back from Shaolin myself - After so many trips there, packaged tours don't meet my personal needs (nor my finances) but if you've never gone to China, I highly recommend a package tour like Wing Lam's first.

What's the favor?

Gene Ching
Asst. Publisher
Kungfu Qigong Magazine & www.KUNGFUmagazine.com (http://www.KUNGFUmagazine.com)

sean_stonehart
10-02-2001, 07:28 PM
Well... I noticed the other day when I received my new catalog the details of the trip. In Luoyang at Guan Gun's tomb at the Guilin Temple, there's a gift shop there that sells Mei Hua jade. It's the coolest stuff. Black with these little flower shaped designed in the stone & no single shape has a duplicate. It's a flavor of jade mined near Luoyang.

I was going to ask you to pick up a set of Bao Ding balls & a set bracelets. I didn't get any in June when I was there (should've, still kicking myself!!). We got a price set at 20 Yuan for the bracelets & 50 (or so) for the Bao Ding balls since there were so many of us. I was going to ask to impose on you & pay you ahead of time our prices & then recompense the balance when you got back, along with shipping & a little something for your troubles. Oh well...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats.

-- H.L. Mencken

GeneChing
10-03-2001, 02:18 AM
I haven't been to Luoyang since '98. I probably wouldn't go again, since I've been there 3 times already and there is so much of China left for me to see.

Gene Ching
Asst. Publisher
Kungfu Qigong Magazine & www.KUNGFUmagazine.com (http://www.KUNGFUmagazine.com)