PDA

View Full Version : Kung Fu Movie (comedy) with Vampires in it?

MiamiMantis
08-29-2001, 03:56 AM
I saw back in the 80's a kung fu movie that was a comedy that had a scene in it where the cast was creeping thru a grave yard and a kung fu vampire snuck up on them. He had the white makeup on the face and the long cape just like you would expect a vampire to wear. The main actor was a short fat chinese guy that always did spinning hook kicks. I have seen him in other movies (kung fu) that were comedy based. When I ask my kung fu buddies about the movie, that think I'm on crack or something!!. Help me out...what is the name of that movie???? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Chang Style Novice
08-29-2001, 06:06 AM
Sammo Hung (short, fat, nimble, amazing martial artist) did two movies about chinese hopping vampires. They're called Spooky Encounters and Spooky Encounters 2, are these maybe the ones you mean? Great flicks regardless.

Then there's the Shaw Bros. classic 7 Kung Fu Brothers meet Dracula. No rotund kickers in that one, though.

Good luck finding the movie you're after.

Black_Talon
08-29-2001, 10:05 AM
It's also called The Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires

It stars a guy by the name of Peter Cushing . How do I know this?? Cuase I own the VHS

This film is a classic of the first order. A mixture of two popular genres: Horror, and Kung-fu, I tell ya it doesn't get much better than this :).

http://utu.unrealism.com/AceScreens/avatar.gif
Some may boast of prowess bold,
Of the school they think so grand,
But there's a Spirit, can ne'er be told,
It's the Spirit of Aggieland
------------------
------------------
UT Unlimited, your premier mapping site!
Ace82@unrealism.com
UT Unlimited (http://utu.unrealism.com)

Jimbo
08-29-2001, 09:09 PM
The movie with Sammo Hung sneaking up on guys in a graveyard in a Dracula cape and makeup is The Victim. That particular film is not a kung fu horror film, just that one scene.

IMO two of the best horror kung fu films are Encounter of the Spooky Kind (the original, not the sequel). And one from 1985 called Mr. Vampire (also the original; the sequels are stupid). Although Mr. Vampire is hardly a kung fu film, it's entertaining and good quality.

Shaw Brothers made several of these types of films, I can't remember all the titles. There was The Spiritual Boxer parts I and II. Also one I remember with Fu Sheng and another guy doing a "corpse style" which was funny as he was doing really stiff kung fu.
Jim