PDA

View Full Version : My Secret Shame - Dynasty Warriors 6

SimonM
06-20-2008, 02:27 PM
I admit it. I love this ROTK themed button masher. There are few more entertaining moments in gaming than taking Zhang Fei, Zhao Yun, or Zhuge Liang (transformed from a strategist into a glass cannon of elemental destruction) and smashing through a thousand soldiers before crushing Cao Cao beneath my boots and ending Sanguo Yanyi as everyone knows it should have ended. ;) :P

Anyone else play this piece of 7th generation console crack?

Zenshiite
06-20-2008, 07:17 PM
I've only played DW 4 and 5. All DW are great. Just great. I really like Xiahou Dun, love that giant dao. My other favorite is Liu Bei and, of course, Guan Yu.

There's nothing like enlisting a friend's aid and competing for the largest "KO count" on the screen. I can tell you, thousands have fallen by my blade in historic battles.

SimonM
06-22-2008, 08:34 AM
Xiahou Dun is using a wolfs tooth club in DW 6 and sort of sucks.

Lu Bu is a force of nature (go figure)
But the real cheese is Zhuge Liang and Sun Xiangxiang - they have ranged attacks and monstrously over-powered muso and special attacks.

I must say this: forcing people to beat the game as Diaochan in order to unlock Lu Bu was a moment of brilliant cruelty on the part of the designers. She is just about as effective as a toffee spear... as one would expect from a delicate little courtesan.

Zenshiite
06-22-2008, 10:09 AM
Haha. I need toget a next gen console... so much I want to play.

冠木侍
06-22-2008, 03:16 PM
I played an earlier version on Ps2 a while back. Lots of fun but nowadays I don't have time to play. I have a whole slew of games that I need to play before I grad to an X360 or PS3. But actually, I would like to get a Wii console first.

SimonM
06-24-2008, 11:59 AM
I do like my XBox 360.

冠木侍
06-26-2008, 06:56 PM
I do like my XBox 360.

Stop showing off ;)