truewrestler
02-04-2005, 08:01 AM
The Ultimate Fighter Finale(~190MB)
http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2NIT8853KELZF1PR9CPRPAEM17

Episode 12:
http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1WDE3ZLFD58SL3U493UA5YH1QP

------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.theultimatefighter.tv

Anyone watching this show? It has been on for the last few weeks. Monday nights at 11pm after WWE Raw on SpikeTV. It has been a really good so far. 16 fighters living in a house and competing for a UFC contract. This past monday's episode had the first elimination fight.

I've been recording the episodes on ReplayTV then removing commercials, reducing the size and sending them to a friend overseas who can't see the show. Would anyone be interested in getting the episodes on a weekly basis? Here is the first episode (70MB low quality):

http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0AE5PI9EZ0J0P083QN9AV7RPKR
(updated 2-7-04)

I haven't found a good free file host with which to release videos to many people. If someone has a suggestion or can host please let me know.

Kristoffer
02-04-2005, 08:51 AM
I would be very interested to see them. Sounds like a good show. I don't know any good uploading sites though

truewrestler
02-04-2005, 08:57 AM
cool, I'll post at least yousendit.com links here when I get episodes up. I'm going to try to get the 2nd and 3rd episodes up tonight.

Shaolinlueb
02-04-2005, 09:12 AM
they got some real good coaches on the show. chris lidell and such. you can get his video's at island martial arts (http://www.islandmartialarts.com) also you can get all your tapout stuff here (http://secure.inyaface.com)

Ford Prefect
02-04-2005, 09:16 AM
I'll watch until the dude I used to train with get's eliminated.

truewrestler
02-04-2005, 09:25 AM
who did you train with?

Ford Prefect
02-04-2005, 09:42 AM
Kenny.

He was a purple when I started BJJ at the same school he trained at. I was a blue when I left and I think he had his brown by then. I'm not 100% sure though. He's a blackbelt now. He ran a lot of white belt, advanced belt, and MMA classes that I went to while training there. In other words, he'd regularly tear my limbs off and beat me with them. He was a good guy and a hell of a competitor. His brothers are all pretty nasty too.

truewrestler
02-04-2005, 09:51 AM
Wow, that's awesome. I hear he is one of the very top fighters on the show. I would be suprised if he isn't a finalist.

Ford Prefect
02-04-2005, 10:00 AM
I wouldn't be surprised at all. He was already getting heavily into Muat Thai when I left 4+ years ago, and now I hear he calls it his second love. I wouldn't want to fight him. :)

IronFist
02-04-2005, 02:52 PM
I'm jealous of you guys with MMA schools near you.:(

jun_erh
02-04-2005, 02:54 PM
I've seen alex karalexis fight. He's some kind of regional cham or something. It was a great match

truewrestler
02-04-2005, 08:47 PM
Episode 2 Link:

*see first post for episode download links

HearWa
02-05-2005, 03:08 AM
Same here, IronFist!

I'm going to download these episodes tonight, and YES I'm interested in a weekly video. Thanks. :)

truewrestler
02-05-2005, 05:34 AM
Episode 3 Link:

GunnedDownAtrocity
02-05-2005, 06:45 AM
****it ... i wish i were at home.

cancer is bull****.

Becca
02-05-2005, 07:48 AM
Sweet! I finally got to see the end of those. One of the side effects of working nights is missing part or all of programs that start after about 9 pm.:(

Ford Prefect
02-05-2005, 10:19 AM
Mee too, jun-ehr. You from the Boston area? Kenny trains out of Watertown at Boston Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, but I think he fights under the Gracie Barra flag since that's where his teacher got his BB from back in '88.

ShaolinTiger00
02-05-2005, 10:26 AM
Kenny Florian is a badass (Kenflo as he's called in bjj circles),

Forrect Griffin is also tough as hell. as is Nathan Quarry.

Josh K is a 4x ncaa all american wrestler.

rogue
02-05-2005, 08:25 PM
I liked when they were going on about only fighting for money.

Originally posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
****it ... i wish i were at home.

cancer is bull****.
Besides ****ty how are you doing GDA? I was just thinking about you yesterday.

kyklos
02-05-2005, 11:24 PM
wow a reality show i'll actually watch. Thanks for uppin the episodes i always miss this show cuz i'm at practice when its on.

Good Stuff:D :D

Wonder how many of these guys have had some internal experience?

Prolly would help a lot when it comes to endurance and alertness. :cool:

Kristoffer
02-06-2005, 08:09 AM
with like 30 reality shows everyday on different channels you'd think they would start sending this one..

thx for uploading them

GunnedDownAtrocity
02-06-2005, 09:22 AM
rouge ... doin great actually. im being released into out patient today and before long ill be home.

other than missing my daughter, missing broadband has been one of the worst parts of this experience. i tried repetedly to hook into the hospitals network but either im not 1337 enough or they make they got it setup better than i thought.

it would have been nice too .... i checked out the guest computer they have and i benched it at 4.3mbs. so im guessing they got a ds3 up in here. i might have been able to download the movies in there, but shortly after i got here some mexican family took over the room. they were always in there with their popeye chicken and no one else could get in.

rogue
02-06-2005, 09:24 AM
I'm really glad to hear that GDA. :)

truewrestler
02-07-2005, 08:53 AM
the links are updated

I think episodes 3 through the end will each have an elimination fight

BM2
02-07-2005, 09:18 AM
Diego Sanchez is my pick for the middle weights.

kyklos
02-07-2005, 01:54 PM
I think Nate's pretty sick and unfortunately Chris too.

PANDABA
02-07-2005, 02:05 PM
It sounds like another real world show.
Of course in this one people are beating the sh!t out of eachother.
I enjoyed the one who needed to lose wieght.
They force him to go to the steam room or sana for hours, and he still knock out his the other dude!

jun_erh
02-07-2005, 02:32 PM
prefect- there is actually a BJJ like a mile from my house. I used to take san shou classes there. I live in Needham and work in the city

The last episode of this show was great. The one where they show the guy trying to make weight. I won't give away the ending if you haven't seen it, but I dubt you'd be able to predict it.

WhiteMonkey
02-07-2005, 07:26 PM
Big Respect for uploading them....

I've missed them also due to work and such....this is awsome, thanks again!!

norther practitioner
02-07-2005, 10:17 PM
Just got done watching this last episode...

Good show, the next episode looks funny, they all get wasted and such.

Ford Prefect
02-08-2005, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by jun_erh
prefect- there is actually a BJJ like a mile from my house. I used to take san shou classes there. I live in Needham and work in the city

Got'cha. I lived in Allston and worked in Waltham, so Boston BJJ was right on my way home. Didn't know there was a school in Dedham. Who runs it?

BTW, here's there site:

http://www.bbjiujitsu.com/

Sometimes they have seminars there with other Gracie Barra BB's like Renzo etc.

Ford Prefect
02-08-2005, 09:59 AM
Truewrestler,

You have the latest episode by any chance?

truewrestler
02-08-2005, 05:26 PM
i forgot to start the download of the episode from my ReplayTV box to my PC this morning so I probably won't have it up until late tonight or maybe tomorrow morrning. It just finished downloading to my PC so I'm going to edit and then start the save while I go to jiu-jitsu practice. Then I'll start the upload when I get back.

truewrestler
02-08-2005, 09:13 PM
Episode 4 Link:

truewrestler
02-08-2005, 09:20 PM
don't forget to check out the trailer after the credits...they usually have one before and one after the credits that show different aspects of the next episode

kyklos
02-09-2005, 01:55 AM
mmmmm.....ultimate fighter.....(homer drool) :p :D

thanks again man

abobo
02-09-2005, 11:46 AM
Thanks for uploading those. I had never heard of this as I don't own a tv.

Ford Prefect
02-10-2005, 07:31 AM
Sweet. It's on past my bedtime, and it sux making time for it on the weekends. ;)

GunnedDownAtrocity
02-10-2005, 08:00 AM
thanks rouge.

and if these are still up im gonna have suzi download these for me for when i get home.

truewrestler
02-11-2005, 07:53 AM
to the top

Pork Chop
02-11-2005, 08:19 AM
appreciate all the work you've done on this tw :)

truewrestler
02-12-2005, 10:02 PM
no problem

bump

Ray Pina
02-14-2005, 07:44 AM
Saw it for the first time this weekend. I'll tune in again. Does anyone know when the episoned run? I caught it Sat. at like 8:00 p.m.

They had a match at the end. I wasn't too impressed. The guy who won was able to shoot and take the guy down, the other guy wigged and gave him his back and from there he went down with the rear, naked choke.

The one guy didn't everything right, the other guy did everything wrong but I didn't see power from either one of them. I'm curious. Will tune back in.

truewrestler
02-14-2005, 08:21 AM
i think they are saving up their power for a chi-blast in the finals :p

The show is on Monday nights at 11:05pm on SpikeTV after WWE Raw

Ray Pina
02-14-2005, 12:01 PM
I guess so.

I'll tune in tonight though because I'm interested now. I want to see those two guys with natty hair fight. The one guys talks a lot of smack and the other guy is awefully ****y .... should make a good fight. I put my money on the smack talker, the one without the bushy blond fro.

Pork Chop
02-14-2005, 11:21 PM
i missed it coz i was bein an eeeeediot...
ttt so'z i can watch the dl

Becca
02-15-2005, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Ray Pina
I guess so.

I'll tune in tonight though because I'm interested now. I want to see those two guys with natty hair fight. The one guys talks a lot of smack and the other guy is awefully ****y .... should make a good fight. I put my money on the smack talker, the one without the bushy blond fro.
Make sure you tune in next week, then, 'cause they have been set up in a grudge match. I would bet on Chris L. too, as the other eyot set him off big time in this week's episode. Not that he didn't have it comming, mind...

Waxwood rod
02-15-2005, 01:06 AM
When are they going to feature some hot girls? Isn't anyone getting sick of looking at sweaty dumb, trashy idiot males rolling around with eachother. They should call it view from cell block 23

Becca
02-15-2005, 02:01 AM
Na. I have no problem watching sweatty young men work out.;) :D

I admit, I was expecting more training and less day-time soap opra stuff, though. I was really looking forward to seeing how two of the top fighters of today would train raw fighters and see how they staack up against each other. So far, all we know is that Chuck can pick teams better.:(

shaolinsoccer
02-15-2005, 06:39 AM
Don't forget-it's still a reality show, so they've got to put the soap opera stuff in it. Some people wouldn't watch otherwise.

Becca
02-15-2005, 06:41 AM
Would it have hurt to put more than snap shots and 3 minutes of actual footage of the training, tough?:confused:

shaolinsoccer
02-15-2005, 06:55 AM
Agreed.

truewrestler
02-15-2005, 02:42 PM
yeah I don't really understand that. Hopefully that changes in a few more espisodes when they get down to a smaller number of fighters.

truewrestler
02-15-2005, 08:24 PM
Episode 5 Link:

truewrestler
02-15-2005, 08:27 PM
check out the preview after the credits for some clips of the fight next week

kyklos
02-15-2005, 11:31 PM
oooo i wanna see them fight

angry angry Chris

my guess is he's gonna open a big ol' can on Josh

this oughta be a great fight. I like how each show something totally diffirent happens, its not the usual; challenge then one person leaves.

more like ass kickin then someone leaves:D

Ray Pina
02-16-2005, 06:50 AM
So, what if a Kung Fu guy wanted to challenge one of these guys, if they were the same weight and all? I'm sure these MMA would love to stomp on a pajama wearer. Anybody here can make something like that happen?

truewrestler
02-16-2005, 07:19 AM
:rolleyes:

if you really want something to happen...

post your challenge or request for info here:
http://mma.tv/TUF/

and maybe at the show forums here:
http://www.theultimatefighter.tv/forum/forum.php?fid=1

but be prepare to be flamed

good luck

Ray Pina
02-16-2005, 07:36 AM
Thank you. I signed up but there were links to every forum but the shows. I'll try again later.

Ray

PS
Why the rolley eyes? If given the opportuity to fight any of those guys minus Chuck or Randy .... on national TV -- I would jump on it. You wouldn't?

Ford Prefect
02-16-2005, 07:43 AM
Ray Pina,

If you go to the mma.tv forum's page, you can post your challenge in the "Underground Forum". Pro fighters like Tito Ortiz and Royce Gracie post there amung many amateurs. You will be taken up on your challenge pretty quickly I'm sure. Post the town you live in, so local guys can step up if they want to. If you are near Boston, I can help you contact people. Be prepared to put up... If you try to stall or delay a fight, they'll see that as you chickenning out as it has happenned many, many times in the past.

Ford Prefect
02-16-2005, 07:44 AM
BTW, thanks again, TW!

Ray Pina
02-16-2005, 07:54 AM
I've been training well with the intention of going out but my master is very set on making sure I have it right before I do so again .... just that this is a great opportunity -- to fight THOSE GUYS on THAT SHOW.

Other than that I have friends at Gracie's school in Manhattan and Mr. Ross has developed an open MMA event locally .... I've been staying a way from both because I intend to eventually be competing against these men. What I am training is different. Notice I did not say better or worse, just different.

I have a HUGE advantage ... I know what to expect from them but they have no idea of what to expect from an E-Chuan stylist. I tend to take advantage of that. How long? I'm hoping within 18 months. It's my master's call. I've been trying to practice patience.

At the same time, if you have a random MMA friend in the neighborhood, I'm in Long Beach, NY, and always interested in a friendly game of wits.

truewrestler
02-16-2005, 07:54 AM
the first link doesn't have a show forum, just post on the main forum requesting info

no, I would definitely not start my MMA career by challenging someone considered one of the best in the nation. I don't think you understand the level that the guys on the show are at. I would jump at the chance to train with any of them but I see no point in getting completely owned. I would train my ass off for MMA and start at local shows and work my way up if I was serious about it.

I roll my eyes because I don't see what the point is in challenging one of them? To prove Kung Fu? Do you have any legit standup and groundskills? Ever fought MMA in your life? If you have been doing MMA type training and believe you have some phenominal skills then that's great and I wish you luck. If you haven't then you need to wake up and be realistic.

Just trying to be helpful. I don't know you and have no idea of your skill level. I'm just working off a stereotype I have of a KungFuer who would challenge a top MMA figher. My #1 advice is to check out an MMA school in your area (NY right? Renzo Gracie and Matt Serra's schools come to mind) and see how training is and how you compare to the students there. If you haven't had much exposure to grappling and MMA this will be a huge eye opener.

Ray Pina
02-16-2005, 08:00 AM
"Do you have any legit standup and groundskills? Ever fought MMA in your life? "

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Do you think I live in a vacuum? I know perfectly well what can happen going into a cage with a trained fighter.

At the same time, for the right reason I'll fight anyone. They are just men. And from the two shows I watched they are not particularly impressive men on many grounds.

I wouldn't want to fight Chuck or Randy yet ... I need more experience. But I would certainly fight the others. I'm not impressed by their stand up game. And from what I've seen, their ground game is regular.

I don't hold some mysterious thing with MMA. One good shot to the chin, an elbow on their exposed collar bone, and they're hurting like anyone else made of flesh and bone. The best man wins .... usually.

Face2Fist
02-16-2005, 08:34 AM
I've been training well with the intention of going out but my master is very set on making sure I have it right before I do so again .... just that this is a great opportunity -- to fight THOSE GUYS on THAT SHOW.

Other than that I have friends at Gracie's school in Manhattan and Mr. Ross has developed an open MMA event locally .... I've been staying a way from both because I intend to eventually be competing against these men. What I am training is different. Notice I did not say better or worse, just different.

I have a HUGE advantage ... I know what to expect from them but they have no idea of what to expect from an E-Chuan stylist. I tend to take advantage of that. How long? I'm hoping within 18 months. It's my master's call. I've been trying to practice patience.

is another one of those that has been training in kung fu and can beat people with it... HA!!!

same people that after they fall on their backs they are like turtles

Ford Prefect
02-16-2005, 08:36 AM
Ray Pina,

I've rolled with Gracie's, guys who've fought in the UFC/Pride/Abu Dhabi, and I've also rolled with a guy on that show... If you think some of those guys' ground game is regular, then you have absolutely no clue. They hear that "in 18 months I'll be ready to fight MMA" stuff all the time. Save your breath until you are ready and have actually proven yourself at local shows. You aren't going to get a fight with some of the best fighters in the country right off the bat. If you insist on one, then it's obvious that it's a cop out.

Ray Pina
02-16-2005, 09:20 AM
I'm not insisting anything and understand what you are saying. I posted on their board. All I am saying is that MMA say kung fu never wants to put up. I will put up to fight on that show if given the opportunity. What do they have to lose? Certainly its in the budget to fly someone out there? If they don't like it, they could edit it out.

If they beat the hell out of me, its good for them .... shows how much better they are than average martial artists, good for ratings too.

I'm not fighting right now (at least not in anything official), but I though it wouldn't hurt to try. If I listened to every person who told me I shouldn't fight because I can ruin a handsome face or shouldn't surf that wave because its to shallow .... well, I wouldn't be me. I believe in what my master is teaching me and my ability to protect myself.

Face2Fist
02-16-2005, 09:26 AM
ray

have you trained in grappling? if so how many years?
also any other form of striking (ie boxing, muay thai)?

just wondering

Ray Pina
02-16-2005, 09:32 AM
My first experience with grappling was back in the day when I was doing Isshin-Ryu. But everything has changed since meeting my master so to be honest, I can say I only have 3 years of experience.

Listen, I don't know what the big deal is. I train and simply sought to fight someone that could help me. If I fight some random MMA guy what does that do for me? I can get hurt, and if I beat him nobody sees it, and if they do they just say he's no good anyway.

I'll be out fighting in a major circuit somewhere somehow soon enough. I've just caught a few episodes of that show and frankly, I think I can hang with those guys.

For those with MMA connections though, you can now say a kung fu guy has challenged some MMA guys. Maybe you can make this happen. I'll fight any of those guys on the show minus Chuck or Randy.

truewrestler
02-16-2005, 09:51 AM
i see your post

fyi: the show has already been taped and only the finals are left which will be shown live April 9th

Here is another good place to check out. Contact Info on UFC's website about getting into the UFC:
http://www.ufc.tv/articles/faq/faq.asp#1

Ford Prefect
02-16-2005, 10:19 AM
Talk talk talk. Save your breath until you actually have some experience in the ring and have proven that you can make it past local shows. Everybody else does. Right now you are just another guy talking smack. Nothing else.

wdl
02-16-2005, 10:24 AM
Ray man, I hope you make national TV with them or atleast PPV. :)

-Will

Ray Pina
02-16-2005, 11:32 AM
I thought I'd give them a shot.

Looks like I need to just exercise some patience. Mr. Ross's San Da league isn't happening anymore and that's a shame but I've always been interested in MMA fighting anyway. So my focus the past few months have been on stopping the shoot and clinching, etc.

When my master gives me the nod I'll join a MMA league and give it my best shot.

Ford, a guy asking -- begging -- for a fight .... it's talk only because the other won't make it happen. I'm a nice guy, but I'll fight anyone, and that includes you if you have some sort of problem with me and are in New York. A fight aint no thing. I'm not scared of it. Don't accuse me of talk. That's an insult.

Din Gao
02-16-2005, 11:46 AM
Truewrestler already pointed out that you have both Renzo Gracie and the Serra Brothers schools in your area if you want to test yourself against MMA fighters. There are plenty of other school but why not start at the top. You can't throw a rock at Renzo's without hitting a Gracie and there are plenty of other fighters. Just tell them you want to fight them. Hell, you already said you are in with some of the guys from the school so it should be no problem. They got a ring there or you could do it on the mats. They are open six days a week.

Keep in mind some of these guys are sponsored and they may not see much in it for them to fight some nut (nothing personal) off the street. As somebody else mentioned before you have to build a rep for yourself in local events if you want to play with the big dogs but there are plenty of other people there that will.

Ford Prefect
02-16-2005, 12:03 PM
Ray,

Give me a break. If you can't figure out why no good pro fighting orginization or pro-fighter would give you a shot, then let me tell you why:

A) The UFC has absolutely nothing to gain by giving you a shot. They want competitive fights and not somebody getting knocked out or submitted in 20 seconds. A drawn-out battle is more exciting than *bell rings* *fight ends immediately*. You are a completely untested MMA fighter. Why would they risk that when they have hundreds of seasoned MMA fighters who are already making noise in the business to choose from? It makes no sense. Logically, they shouldn't even waste time taking your phone call. You have to prove yourself first.

B) Why would any good pro take the fight? There is nothing for them to gain by it. If they win, yipee! They just beat a completely untested fighter like they should have. Their career and reputation aren't helped by it one iota. If a freak occurence happens and they get caught or they injure themselves while in the process of breaking your face, then they just threw away their career on a nobody. Again, what a wonderful career move!

I assume you've ascertained this for yourself since it's clearly obvious to anybody with any logical reasoning ability, thus I assume you are just talking smack. If you claim you are so ready to fly to Vegas in a couple weeks to fight some of the best fighters in the country, then why not fight in the next local show? The pickings will be significantly easier there, so not only will you have an easy fight, but you'll make immediate noise due to your IMA background. You'll be one step closer to living your dream. However, you say you'll fight some of the country's best in 2 weeks time (which anybody with brain power will figure out will not happen, so it's just empty talking), yet you'll need 18 months to train to fight some other unknown in a local event? lol! So sorry for thinking you are just flapping your gums.

It's pretty easy. Step up, fight, and win in local shows and you'll start seeing doors openning for you. If you are still 18 months away from even fighting in a local show, then don't talk until you are actually ready to back it up. Then talk all you want.

If you can't see how some guy with no MMA experience who challenges some of the best fighters in the country to an immediate match but will only fight scrubs on 18 months notice doesn't seem like a guy who is just talking, then I have no idea what else to say. If you'll fight me, then fight a local guy in an MMA show instead. A fight "aint no thing" after all...

Face2Fist
02-16-2005, 12:29 PM
if you want a sure shot at an UFC fighter

challenge kimbo to a bare knuckle fight like gannon did... hehehe

Ray Pina
02-16-2005, 01:17 PM
Ford I hear what you are saying and agree.

But I didn't challenge any UFC fighters. I asked for the opportunity to fight some of those kids on that show. They are not the same thing.

I would put good money down that I certainly have more fight experience (in this I combine comp and street) than most of those guys.

As I said, I will be fighting in local or regional MMA events and hopefully nationally in a little while. This was just something I thought I could capitalize as someone who does want to fight.

I understand about paying dues. I just thought one of their fighters would see that post and say, sure, bring him over I'll beat him. I would've liked that and given it ago and it would save me a lot of time.

Ford Prefect
02-16-2005, 01:54 PM
"I would put good money down that I certainly have more fight experience (in this I combine comp and street) than most of those guys."

There you go again. I trained with one of those guys for 2 years in 2000-2001. He had already been training and competing for 3-4 years before that as well. By the time I left, he was successful in regional, national, and international competitions. He has been training his butt off for the 3+ years since I left too, gotten a blackbelt in BJJ, and reps Gracie Barra. I can't even imagine how much better he's gotten.

I'd imagine a lot of those guys are similar. One is a NCAA All-American wrestler. The guy must have had 100's upon 100's of matches throughout his life. One has already fought in Pride and showed he can hang with pro fighters of that caliber. Most of them are top-notch guys. There were a few guys there that were vastly outclassed in that group, but nearly all the remaining guys are solid.

"As I said, I will be fighting in local or regional MMA events and hopefully nationally in a little while. This was just something I thought I could capitalize as someone who does want to fight"

Then just fight. No way any unknown is getting a fight in the UFC or with fighters of that caliber. It makes no sense for either of them.

Ray Pina
02-16-2005, 02:13 PM
Again Ford, I agree with what you are saying. But I wouldn't list college wrestling, where you can't elbow someone's face or collar bone, attack their joints or knee their ribs or head, as fighting. Does it train an attribute that helps in fighting, certainly. But by that token than I could list the hundreds upon hundreds of people I chi saued with -- many of them 80 to 100 up to 200 lbs heavier than myself.

Understand what I'm saying?

Just because someone fu(ks for money on TV doesn't mean I couldn't steal his girl after one night in the sack. And the rest of us here haven't been sitting on the couch eating popcorn either. Everybody's training. Everybody's improving.

But I understand that I'll have to go out there and fight in these events to accomplish what I want to accomplish.

MasterKiller
02-16-2005, 02:15 PM
But I wouldn't list college wrestling, where you can't elbow someone's face or collar bone, attack their joints or knee their ribs or head, as fighting. Then I guess you can't count that one Sanda match of yours either, then, huh?

It's ridiculous to compare college wrestling with Chi Sau. Most college wrestlers are monsters. I'd like to see you try your hand with the Oklahoma State squad. :rolleyes:

Ford Prefect
02-16-2005, 02:37 PM
MK raises a good point.

Chi sau'ing and facing people from different schools and countries in competition to become a champion are two different things, IMO. If you wanted to count chi sau'ing, that'd be like him counting every time he has ever rolled.

You said you have more experience than them. I pointed out how you were wrong. You also said they looked like nothing special on the ground, and I pointed out that there is a BJJ black belt and a 4-time NCAA all-american wrestler there. Again, you're wrong. You obviously have no clue what you're talking about.

Anyway, I figure I've been trolled. I'll cut my losses and stop responding to your antics.

red5angel
02-16-2005, 02:41 PM
It's ridiculous to compare college wrestling with Chi Sau.

not to pick on ray but one of the guys I spar with frequently is a high school wrestler with some BJJ experience, that's it, and he can really knock me around when he wants. He's so good at the game he knows - captain of his highschool and college teams, works every summer at a training camp for college kids and so on, that he can often gain control of the match.

Ray Pina
02-17-2005, 06:44 AM
A quick few points:

1) some of ym fighting experience could be calculated as such: 20 1st place throphies and 1 bronze medal.... I'd have to fight at least three fights on average to get that far. That's 36 comp fights and that does not include loses, or that ONE San Da event (at Mr. Rosses school). (also note, I post loses. Posting victories is tacky and disrespectful to the loser, some of which may post here)

2) The Ultimate Fighting Champion, too me, I thought was an ultimate fighting championship, not a MMA tournament. MMA seems very well represented. If another style wants it, I thing its only healthy for the sport .... the event itself should be the quality control. How many here would jump in the cage next week if given the chance?

3) Maybe those guys are very good. But when I saw that guy get taken down and roll over on his belly and get taken out with the rear naked .... you call that Champion material? That was very bad.

4) I highly respect MMA but at the same time I think there is some weaknesses in their techique that has not been exploded yet ... namely their willingness to present their head, neck and collor bone in exchange for a leg. To me, that's like trading a king for a rook. Hsing-I's Snake and Chicken, and Taiji's Hold the Ball takes care of this very well.

This is not me saying I can't be taken down. Anyone can be. And I'm training to do my thing when down.

5) I know I'll have to compete in some of these events to do what I want. Or, I may just go challenge respected schools and video it. If I can beat some big name fighters perhaps I can get my in that way.

6) I'm sorry if I won't bow down to the alter of MMA. These are just men fighting with the method that works for them and it is a proven method no doubt. I have found a method that works for me and likewise, it has prove itself effective for me.

For every MMA victory in the UFC there is a MMA defeat.

PS
One of my training brothers is a collegiate wrestler. Another is a college Judo champ.

MasterKiller
02-17-2005, 08:14 AM
I hope you honestly don't believe the intensity of an average martial arts sparring tournament is equivelent to a ring fight.

How many of those "fights" included no face contact?

Ray Pina
02-17-2005, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by MasterKiller
I hope you honestly don't believe the intensity of an average martial arts sparring tournament is equivelent to a ring fight.

Honestly I don't. And I can base my belief on the fact that I USED to fight traditional martial arts tournemtns, fought in a single San Da match, a few quasi San Da/MMA events and accepted fights from martial artist on a regular basis fighting with no gear or gloves and no rules other than no eye poking and groin striking .... minimum money down $500.

Please don't confuse me with somebody else. I'm not saying I'm good or bad, I'm saying I think I have a little something and am willing to test it out from time to time. Day by day I get more. But show me where I have ever backed out of or avoided a fight.

I can say maybe one, and that was with BlackTaoist about two years ago but I knew he had better technology than me (I had just met my master) as well as something like 6-inches .... hold your funny comments:D Even then I would have fought him out of pride alone but probbaly would have been beaten and thankfully my teacher intervened.

Now, like I said, I'll fight anyone for the right reason.

Face2Fist
02-17-2005, 09:10 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ray Pina
[B]A quick few points:

1) some of ym fighting experience could be calculated as such: 20 1st place throphies and 1 bronze medal.... I'd have to fight at least three fights on average to get that far. That's 36 comp fights and that does not include loses, or that ONE San Da event (at Mr. Rosses school). (also note, I post loses. Posting victories is tacky and disrespectful to the loser, some of which may post here)

2) The Ultimate Fighting Champion, too me, I thought was an ultimate fighting championship, not a MMA tournament. MMA seems very well represented. If another style wants it, I thing its only healthy for the sport .... the event itself should be the quality control. How many here would jump in the cage next week if given the chance?

3) Maybe those guys are very good. But when I saw that guy get taken down and roll over on his belly and get taken out with the rear naked .... you call that Champion material? That was very bad.

4) I highly respect MMA but at the same time I think there is some weaknesses in their techique that has not been exploded yet ... namely their willingness to present their head, neck and collor bone in exchange for a leg. To me, that's like trading a king for a rook. Hsing-I's Snake and Chicken, and Taiji's Hold the Ball takes care of this very well.

This is not me saying I can't be taken down. Anyone can be. And I'm training to do my thing when down.

5) I know I'll have to compete in some of these events to do what I want. Or, I may just go challenge respected schools and video it. If I can beat some big name fighters perhaps I can get my in that way.

6) I'm sorry if I won't bow down to the alter of MMA. These are just men fighting with the method that works for them and it is a proven method no doubt. I have found a method that works for me and likewise, it has prove itself effective for me.

For every MMA victory in the UFC there is a MMA defeat.

easy to say when youre not getting GNP, i find this thread rather funny.. comparing kung fu tourneys to MMA and full contact fighting

Ray Pina
02-17-2005, 09:18 AM
OK, this is going to be my last post in this thread because it's becoming a waste of time and no one seems to be getting my point and everyone's got something to say.

What was my intent of posting on TUF site? I wanted to fight one of the MMA in that house. That's it.

It's everybody else up in here who's got something to say about why I should be scared or why I have no business fighting this guy or that guy .... that's MY business!

MasterKiller, a while back you were talking smack to me about something (forget what it was about) and I asked what city you live in and lo-and-behold a few months later I was getting paid to fly out to you and asked, Hey' let's meet up and I'll show you what I mean. What did you say? "Uh, oh ... I don't really live there. I just fly in there from time to time for work." So why talk?

Listen, no one here but me knows what type of fighting I've done. Yes, I have fought Traditional Tournaments in the past, the most recent the Fe Hung. I considered it fun up until the last one. I now realise I have no business there. I was very serious about San Da in NYC and then league is no more but I will be fighting in San Da again somewhere .... no doubt. And MMA too.

Until then, I'm training and doing what I've always been doing: fighting martial artists who are interested in testing.

You guys think this post is funny... how do you think I feel? I'm a fighter who posted looking for a fight! You guys say talk, talk, talk.... the only reason I'm singing is because a house of MMA and some folks on this board won't bring it.

Good day (ps. If you're going to talk smack I'll call you on it. I do travel and will fight.)

Peace
Ray Pina

PS
That San Da fight everyone loves to refer to, that was like 1.5 years ago. I've only been with my master 3 years. So I'm twice as good now. If I wasn't scared then .... maybe you understand while I'll fight anyone now. And I'm adding day by day.

red5angel
02-17-2005, 09:31 AM
Posting victories is tacky and disrespectful to the loser, some of which may post here

no offense but this little piece of "wisdom" or etiquette is crap. If you're posting to make fun of the guy cause you beat him, I could agree with you. POsting it as well as your losses because you want to examine it, let people watch you in action win or lose, and what not is not disrespectful to anyone in my opinion.

a few quasi San Da/MMA events and accepted fights from martial artist on a regular basis fighting with no gear or gloves and no rules other than no eye poking and groin striking .... minimum money down $500.

are you saying you've taken challenge matches for 500$?

Forget Face2fist - the guys a moron and he's just trolling you, as he usually does.

Ray Pina
02-17-2005, 09:36 AM
If the person seems "right", and is really interested, I see no reason on why two consenting adults can't make it interesting.

I started this policy a few months ago because my ex-girlfriend would go out with her friends downtown and tell guys she's dating a fighter .... of course every cat who took two months of TKD would tell her how great he was and would beat me up.

Putting money where mouth is closes a lot of mouths and helps pay my rent.

red5angel
02-17-2005, 09:44 AM
how frequently are you doing this and what would you say your record is?

MasterKiller
02-17-2005, 09:48 AM
MasterKiller, a while back you were talking smack to me about something (forget what it was about) and I asked what city you live in and lo-and-behold a few months later I was getting paid to fly out to you and asked, Hey' let's meet up and I'll show you what I mean. What did you say? "Uh, oh ... I don't really live there. I just fly in there from time to time for work." So why talk?
No...get your facts straight before you spout off.

I live in Oklahoma City. Everyone knows that. Hell, during college football season, I broadcast that fact about 100 times a week.

You flew to Houston, which is 8 hours away from me. I'm only in Houston two or three times a year for work.

I'm not driving 8 hours to play with you, Ray, sorry. Sparring you for a couple of rounds ain't worth a whole weekend.

You ever come to OKC or next time I'm in NYC we can hook up.

I apologized for mouthing off that time because I thought I may have crossed the line unintentionally dissing your instructor. But if you still have a chip on your shoulder about it, we can settle it.

red5angel
02-17-2005, 10:06 AM
I think Northern Practitioner and I came up with a brilliant plan. See, we get KFM to throw a big tournemant, or a small one, and all of us guys can show up. We'd have an official tourney for the credibility but we'd throw a side, NHB tourney for the forum members.
I'd get a tag team match against Fu-Pow and Kung Lek. I'd wear my martialartsmart ninja costume and throw rubber ninja stars into the crowd, the stars would have the martialartsmart website on it and probably this forum address too.

NP has promised to Ref in his shaolin monk robes.

truewrestler
02-17-2005, 11:23 AM
so........... did anyone watch Episode 5? I thought it was an amazing episode. This show has turned out great, with the exception of not showing enough training footage.

Ford Prefect
02-17-2005, 11:23 AM
lol! I'd love to get that on video, Red! This guy cracks me up. A good troll I must say. Fu Pow has competition.

Ford Prefect
02-17-2005, 11:29 AM
tw,

I watched it yesterday. Can't say that I really care about all the drama. I thought it was funny how Leben would pee in guys beds, talk crap all day long, and mercilessly taunt a guy he beat in the ring, but when just a little gets tossed his way, he starts crying and destroys the house. It should be a good fight next episode. I can't wait to see it.

red5angel
02-17-2005, 11:29 AM
lol! I'd love to get that on video, Red!

You'll be able to buy the video at martlartsmart shortly after the event! :D

fa_jing
02-17-2005, 11:30 AM
well, I think Ray is pretty serious about it, and has put up in the past even if it hasn't been at the highest level. So not a troll, at least not here at "the forum previously known as KFO" -- didn't see his post on the other forum so can't speak for that.

red5angel
02-17-2005, 11:40 AM
Ray, your inbox is full!!!

Ford Prefect
02-17-2005, 12:26 PM
Fajing,

Then why all the talk? He says that a BJJ blackbelt who's placed in the Mundials & Pan-Ams, a 4-time Div 1 NCAA all-american & 1 time national champ wrestler, and a couple state champ wrestlers who've been training mma for a while aren't good on the ground.

Then he says he'll fight anyone of those guys in a moments notice. When told that isn't going to happen and he should fight in local shows to build a rep, he says he won't be ready for that for 18 months. In the very same breath he says he'd anyone on the forum in a second and he'd even travel. lol!

That's gotta be trolling. It's almost like he followed the "Trolling 101" handbook.

Step 1) Insult proven fighters and make ignorant statements about them.

Step 2) Quickly side-step a suggestion about proving yourself. (Local MMA shows)

Step 3) Make internet challenges.

Step 4) Contradict yourself the whole way through. (I know a lot about the ground <> I can't tell if people are good on the ground / I will fight any upper tier fighter now <> I'm not ready to fight the bottom of the MMA barrell / I'll travel to fight anybody here <> I won't fight local guys in MMA shows)

Kristoffer
02-17-2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by truewrestler
so........... did anyone watch Episode 5? I thought it was an amazing episode. This show has turned out great, with the exception of not showing enough training footage.

Crap, the link don't work now. Mind posting Episode 5 again?

Face2Fist
02-17-2005, 12:34 PM
are you saying you've taken challenge matches for 500$?

Forget Face2fist - the guys a moron and he's just trolling you, as he usually does. [/B][/QUOTE]

youre quick to judge arent there, buddy!!

someone is grumpy today, whats a matter?

Ray Pina
02-17-2005, 12:34 PM
1) I saw one of these great champs turn and roll on his belly like a chump and get choked out ... upon seeing that, and seeing how many opportunities the guy blew that beat him, I feel I could fight them.

2) I don't travel to fight. I travel as a writer which often times brings me to areas where people previously spoke smack giving them the opportunity to do so to my face (you should take note of this)

3) Fighting a "named" fighter on national TV is an occassion to rush a little bit and strike while the iron is hot. Otherwise, I'm waiting for my master to give me the go ahead.

4) Ford, I got $500 if you're even in NYC. For some reason you've made it personal, and that to me is good enough a reason if ever to fight between two martial artists.

Face2Fist
02-17-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by truewrestler

it was a great show true, they just wanted to get ratings and set it up for next week.. it was a good idea on their behalf.. josh and chris.. i think chris will destroy josh... he has a good winning record, tough figther and he is part of team quest (randy's team)

Face2Fist
02-17-2005, 12:39 PM
ray if you really want to fight MMA in the local circuit. theres a tourney coming up in march in MA and theres the NAGA circuit who has local tourneys in NJ and MA, which is not that far from you.

they have novice, beg, inter, amature and pro figths. give it a shot and see how it works out

red5angel
02-17-2005, 12:40 PM
youre quick to judge arent there, buddy!!

actually no, over a long period of time I've noticed your an idiot.

One thing you need to make clear Ray, cause even I'm a little confused. You say you have to wait for your masters permission to fight correct? Are you saying that until that time, you will not fight at all, or are you saying there are situations that will let you fight before you are given permission?

Face2Fist
02-17-2005, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by red5angel
actually no, over a long period of time I've noticed your an idiot.
?

really! i m hurt... to each is own my brother...

Ray Pina
02-17-2005, 12:45 PM
I saw that one in Jersey City. I'm going to Puerto Rico March 9 to 12 for work then chillin there till the 17th or 18th to surf.

But to be honest, I no longer have a desire to play on the ground with anyone outside of my training group if they won't allow me to strike or elbow them on the ground.

Again, with the interenet, I am aware of all these things going on. I'm in a training and growing phase right now. But thank you, all of you, for directing so much energy -- positive and negative -- towards my training. I feed off all of it.

Thank you. And now I've really said all there is to say on this subject.

Peace out
Ray Pina
RayPina5@yahoo.com

{edited to answer's Red's question]

I won't fight in anything official that will be judged as an action of my school or one of my master's student. Last time my master told me not to go, that I only trained 1.5 years and needed more time and he was right. I've seen my master fight and I know his standard. When he says I'm ready, I will be. I'm guessing 18 months.

This of course does not effect what I do on my own time in my own name. I consider it test driving.

Face2Fist
02-17-2005, 12:47 PM
ray

here if youre really interested

nagafighter.com

an event is happening march 12th

red5angel
02-17-2005, 12:49 PM
really! i m hurt... to each is own my brother...

you asked, I answered.

Face2Fist
02-17-2005, 12:51 PM
you asked, I answered.

someone needs a hug!!!

look i dont judge you when you make idiotic comments or lame remarks or ass kiss a certain member here do i..

so let it go and continue with your happy forum life.... ciao

red5angel
02-17-2005, 12:57 PM
look i dont judge you when you make idiotic comments or lame remarks or ass kiss a certain member here do i.. :rolleyes:

I don't remember asking if you did or didn't. you have a pattern of making assanine and troll-like comments, as a matter of fact that describes about 99% of what you spew. I stil can't even figure out why you're on this forum except to try to get a rise out of someone. for that, you need to pracitice harder. Your mouth fu sucks.

Face2Fist
02-17-2005, 01:08 PM

I don't remember asking if you did or didn't. you have a pattern of making assanine and troll-like comments, as a matter of fact that describes about 99% of what you spew. I stil can't even figure out why you're on this forum except to try to get a rise out of someone. for that, you need to pracitice harder. Your mouth fu sucks.

funny, how most people in here are tough guys, talking tough and running at the mouth (like you for example) hiding behind a monitor... thats right i said it, HIDING BEHIND A MONITOR

second, i was talking to ray and you decided to intervene , why i dont know? but i guess youre itching for an arguement with anyone here. whats a matter? tired? sexually pented up? no ass to kiss? look just drink some tea and practice your buck sing... take a nap and you ll be nice and cheery in the morning

i m tired so going to bed

ciao

semimoto
02-17-2005, 01:11 PM
thats Chuck (the iceman)lidell,i enjoy the spike series also,did you guys notice the ice man, randy cotoure and tito ortize in the jet lee movie "from the cradle to the grave"
the ufc is finaly getting the recoginition it deserves.

red5angel
02-17-2005, 01:18 PM
funny, how most people in here are tough guys, talking tough and running at the mouth (like you for example) hiding behind a monitor... thats right i said it, HIDING BEHIND A MONITOR

did I say I was tough in that last post? Let me check....nope, nothing about me being tough anywhere. Why you gotta assume there spanky?

second, i was talking to ray and you decided to intervene , why i dont know? but i guess youre itching for an arguement with anyone here. whats a matter? tired? sexually pented up? no ass to kiss? look just drink some tea and practice your buck sing... take a nap and you ll be nice and cheery in the morning

ah I see, you're a 16 year old with nothng better to do but troll on a martial arts forum, good job.

Face2Fist
02-17-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by semimoto
thats Chuck (the iceman)lidell,i enjoy the spike series also,did you guys notice the ice man, randy cotoure and tito ortize in the jet lee movie "from the cradle to the grave"
the ufc is finaly getting the recoginition it deserves.

yes, they did. but a few things were wrong in that movie

1. tito actually beat chuck. lol!! that was funny!!
2. they made it seem like it was a blood sport, underground fighting, i dont know why they actually came in that movie.

i like chuck and randy because they are brutality honest. but at the same time defend their figthers and good them good advice..

it was funny what chuck said about diego "if you do stand up with alex, you ll get hit with a chair in the corner"

Ford Prefect
02-17-2005, 01:25 PM
Ray Ray Ray. Your hook doesn't have any bait on it. A man can't possibly be serious and contradict himself so much over the course of a post. Practice a little more troll-fu, change your screen name, and post again. I may just bite again.

fa_jing
02-17-2005, 01:37 PM
well Ray I think you could take the weakest fighters on the show which have already lost and been booted out but you wouldn't make a name for yourself in doing so. I have to agree that the stronger fighters on the show are solid and in great shape and that they wouldn't be appropriate matches until a winning record in local MMA tournies has been established (which all of the participants in the TV show had before they started, regardless of their fighting ability) Even the guy Alex who had only trained MA for 1.5 years and lost his challenge match decisively had a 4-1 record in MMA before that (or something like that.) But if you get 5-10 MMA fights under your belt with a winning record, and I know that you will, you will get props from me.

Ford, you have some good points, but regardless of what you think of Ray's self-assessment of his abilities and marketability, or his logic or argument tactics, I wouldn't call him a troll because he isn't just bullsh!tting. A troll makes challenges then folds under scrutiny or doesn't show up. Ray is a fighter good or bad. If you saw the clip he posted here of his loss, he didn't just pack it in when the going got tough. Anybody that posts their fight clips on this board gets my encouragement.

Ford Prefect
02-17-2005, 01:52 PM
OK, Fa-Jing. You got a link to the clip?

So a guy who fought a single fight, lost, and trash talks some of the best up and coming MMA fighters in the US is worthy of your encouragement?

fa_jing
02-17-2005, 02:24 PM
well yeah, cause I think he's sincere. I thought the trash talk was directed towards the weaker participants but then again like I said I didn't read the other forum.

fa_jing
02-17-2005, 02:30 PM
k, I went back and read some more of Ray's posts and he said that he wasn't that impressed by the fighters, which includes the good ones too. Anyway I'll encourage Ray 'cause he wants to fight. Maybe I just like to see blood. ;) Anyway I make a distinction between a trash-talker and a troll. With a troll there is absolutely nothing behind it. With a trash-talker there is something, it just doesn't match up to the mouth. Cheers all.

fa_jing
02-17-2005, 02:36 PM
MerryPrankster said of Ray:

"congrats on stepping in to the ring. nobody can call you an internet warrior, ever."

That's what I'm agreeing with.

see

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29422

fa_jing
02-17-2005, 02:40 PM
Looks like the footage is no longer up on the web:

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29423

I have it on my PC somewhere at home.

Ford Prefect
02-18-2005, 07:52 AM
Guess, we'll just have to disagree. I've fought in plenty of santioned boxing matches over a 3 year collegiate boxing career as team capatain, and I've had 20 matches in submission grappling tourney's as well as some top 3 finishes, but if I said the same things he did, I'd consider myself trolling. You say tomato... ;)

rogue
02-18-2005, 10:51 AM
Why the mystical time of 18 months. Everybody will be ready in 18 months. Everytime 18 months goes by for me I'm still not ready for Jack Sh*t.

LiteBlu
02-18-2005, 12:32 PM
LOL!

Ray Pina = The Manny Reyes Jr. of Kung Fu.

Ray Pina trash talks his way into an MMA match with an established pro fighter and 18 mystikal months later gets his head dribbled into unconciousness on the canvas much like what Hermes franca did to Fanny Geyes Jr!

LMFAO!

norther practitioner
02-18-2005, 12:47 PM
wow, talk about going sideways...

ShaolinTiger00
02-18-2005, 03:27 PM
Maybe it's just me.. but whenever I hear "give me 18 months!" I can't help but picture some kind of South Park visual w/ Cheesy '80's music pumping up the guy as he's in the gym training hard..

Pork Chop
02-18-2005, 03:35 PM
But time goes so much faster in a MONTAGE!!!

ShaolinTiger00
02-18-2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by BMore Banga
But time goes so much faster in a MONTAGE!!!

LMAO! so true! LMAO! (god **** that's funny..)

rogue
02-18-2005, 04:51 PM
The other twist I like is this one:
ST00, I'll fight you 18 months after I start training. I'm just a little too busy to start training right now but I might start after summer. Or maybe Thanksgiving. Or maybe after the New Year. :D

Disclaimer:
For the record I'm out of shape and too big a wuss to fight anybody much less ST00 in 18 months or even 36 months. The above is just for demonstration purposes only.

Meat Shake
02-18-2005, 07:29 PM
Id fight anyone in 18 months...
So long as I got to write the rules for the match.
:eek:

Kristoffer
02-19-2005, 04:56 AM
I'll fight all of you at the same time if someone don't post that ep 5 again

adonai2
02-19-2005, 10:22 AM
first of all could i ask what spike tv is all about?

- Adonai2

rogue
02-19-2005, 12:04 PM
It's like a cross between Bravo and C-SPAN, but different.

truewrestler
02-23-2005, 01:20 PM
Episode 6 Link:

Ray Pina
02-23-2005, 01:58 PM
The funny thing is I'll fight anyone of you, anyone actually, right now. I'm talking about going out and representing an entirely new style, E-Chuan. Forgive me for wanting to do it right.

This, though, is my business. I've never said I'd fight and not fight. But I have the right to choose who I want to fight and when. You think I care what anyone else hear has to say about that?

I also don't think I talk crap. I respect any true martial artist. I don't think saying, Hey, I hear you're pretty good but I'd like to see if I can handle you, as talking crap. Sorry I don't. If you're secure enough you don't want to fight every Tom, **** and Harry. Wanting to fight someone, that's giving respect already.

Unless of course its someone anonymous talking crap over the internet. Then its actually you challenging my credability. But then I say come and see, and then the conversation gets changed to something else or how I have no right.

Ford, I'm going to create a new thread to adress you.

truewrestler
02-23-2005, 02:14 PM
yeah, please start your own **** thread

MasterKiller
02-23-2005, 02:19 PM
I finally watched Episode 6 (I think) on Monday. The one where the wrestler fights the loud mouth guy.

It's a cool show. I wish I would have seen it from the start.

I don't know where all the whining about how bad these guys are came from. Those boys are in shape.

Ray Pina
02-23-2005, 02:21 PM
Also, I don't know about you guys but 18 months has made a world of difference for me.... in fact, over the past two months I would say I've doubled my skill. Doubled.

If time is not a factor, why not stop after you learned front kick, roundhouse kick, side kick, jab, hook, cross, uppercut, overhand. How long does that take? Three weeks for the retard?

Of course everyone is improving. Count me among them. Then there is the matter of technology, heart and desire. Lots of factors that go into W or L. I was lacking several before.

Ray Pina
02-23-2005, 02:22 PM
The US Olympic swimming team is "in shape" too Master Killer. Lots of people are "in shape." Its how you relate that to fighting that matters.

I actually think Chris got robbed. The guy took him down but caused no damage but he was the agressor. Then again, after 10 minutes of cage fighting no one caused any damage.

MasterKiller
02-23-2005, 02:25 PM
The wrestler controlled the entire fight, from start to finish.

I call that winning. So did the judges.

Merryprankster
02-24-2005, 08:16 AM
Maybe those guys are very good. But when I saw that guy get taken down and roll over on his belly and get taken out with the rear naked .... you call that Champion material? That was very bad.

It's called "oops."

I can cite several examples. The most recent is David Terrel vs. Evan Tanner. Tanner got on top and Terrell just LAYED THERE in half-guard getting pounded. It's clear he hadn't trained for that situation.

However, Terrell would also ***** just about 99.99999999% of the population.

My point is that when two great athletes fight each other, and one makes a mistake and the other capitalizes on it, you can't draw any conclusions about quality or how they might stack up against others. Only repeated viewings over time will tell you anything.

BM2
02-24-2005, 09:19 AM
I see why that they have the pay out for the K.O. or submission after seeing that the judges are boxing judges.
A rather boring match where Chris held back too much. Yes he was taken down but Chris actually struck more on the ground than the wrestler. As someone said, the judges just went by who was on top.

rogue
02-24-2005, 09:35 AM
Does anybody know why Chuck Liddel stands and walks really stiff? Is it just him or has he some injuries? :confused:

truewrestler
02-24-2005, 09:49 AM
Episodes 1-5 in one file (~370MB):

Kristoffer
02-24-2005, 09:53 AM
thank's

just watched number 3

norther practitioner
02-24-2005, 01:12 PM
This is actually turning out to be a pretty good reality series...

That being said, I think more training should be shown.... it makes for the best ol' school kf movies too... :D

BM2
02-25-2005, 12:03 AM
All it really needs is to show their workouts to make more enjoyable now that they are fighting. A little less of the drama would make room for it.

S.Teebas
02-25-2005, 12:36 AM
truewrestler,

Can you upload the file again please?... im getting this error, and have been looking forward to watching episode 6.

thanks!

File Transfer: Unavailable
Unfortunately, the link you have clicked is not available.

Your transfer cannot be completed. Most likely the file has exceeded its allotted bandwidth or has been removed by the original sender or a recipient.

Becca
02-25-2005, 07:33 AM
He put all 5 previous episodes into one download, so I'd imagine he did excede his bandwidth. That was one massive file. I hope he gets #6 up, as well. I missed the last 20 minutes or so. :)

Does anybody know why Chuck Liddel stands and walks really stiff? Is it just him or has he some injuries?
Don't think he walks all that stiff. But his lack of a neck could make it seem like he does, I guess. ;)

FngSaiYuk
02-25-2005, 07:37 AM
I hope he gets #6 up, as well. I missed the last 20 minutes or so.

From earlier...

Episode 6:

http://s31.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=09ZYK52M7J69P10P9PBEU9ZRKS

Becca
02-25-2005, 07:57 AM
File Transfer: Unavailable
- from that link about 30 sec. ago. :rolleyes:

truewrestler
02-25-2005, 08:33 AM
yeah, yousendit.com says they limit it to 25 downloads or 7 days...whichever comes first. I'll have a new Episode 6 file link up shortly. I may just start putting new links in my first post.

truewrestler
02-25-2005, 09:23 AM
ok, I have posted a new link in the first post

FngSaiYuk
02-25-2005, 09:43 AM
- from that link about 30 sec. ago. :rolleyes:
You could always search for available torrents (http://s2.isohunt.com/torrents.php?ihq=ultimate+fighter&ext=&op=and).

Fu-Pow
02-25-2005, 03:26 PM
I think Northern Practitioner and I came up with a brilliant plan. See, we get KFM to throw a big tournemant, or a small one, and all of us guys can show up. We'd have an official tourney for the credibility but we'd throw a side, NHB tourney for the forum members.
I'd get a tag team match against Fu-Pow and Kung Lek. I'd wear my martialartsmart ninja costume and throw rubber ninja stars into the crowd, the stars would have the martialartsmart website on it and probably this forum address too.

NP has promised to Ref in his shaolin monk robes.

That would be the bomb! We'd see who's full of $hit and who's got the goods.

We could even have an Brazilian cartwheel division for you Red5.

norther practitioner
02-25-2005, 03:37 PM
That wasn't all of it Red...

You forgot to say I'd only answer to abbot np, and that I'd shave my head and get some dots tattooed onto my forehead. Got chi girls would be the round card girls and the winner gets banning privlages on the forum. I figured also that we'd need to step up and do multiple discipline style tournie. A san da rules division, a mma division, a point sparring division where only if you hit the dots on the pads you score (this is for bl, we don't want anyone dieing b/c of her awesome dim mak), and another ladies division with your choice of jello or mud, bathing suits optional. The last division, would be the street fighting division, where the ring would be a dark alley setup, with trashcans, random bottles, and pipes handy. I haven't been able to find an insurance company yet.. :confused: go figure. Anyone with any real fighting experience would have to wait 18 months before they could fight a challenge match though.. sorry guys, just the rules. I don't make them, just enforce them.. oh, wait, I did make that up...

jun_erh
02-27-2005, 06:50 AM
masterkiller- I can't agree with you appraisal of that match. Are you talking about the josh kolchak and Chris L one?

That was a travesty. First of all, kolchak is a *****. He wears jeans with a low cut waistline like he was christina aquilaria or something. All he did was a stupid takedowns that went no where. They had to stand them up two times because nothing was happening. the match was as clear a draw as I've ever seen. Why in the world they didn't fight another round is amazing. It makes me want to not watch the show again.

WinterPalm
02-27-2005, 03:35 PM
I'm glad the guy with the goofy hair lost.

semimoto
02-27-2005, 04:01 PM
I'm glad the guy with the goofy hair lost.
oh yea, and the closing of the mouth( the irony,the poetic justice ) life is good

CaptinPickAxe
02-27-2005, 04:15 PM
I think blondie ran his mouth too much for such a sloppy performance. Especially telling him to go pack his shyt like he did something. He laid on top of him...he only connected one blow. If laying on top of someone is winning, then watch out cause every fat phucker this side of the Mississippi is gonna get in the UFC...and win!

A third round was completely necessary.

Also, sloppy on both parts. For someone who knocked a door down with a single punch, Lebeman really looked hesitant to, "Kill him."

Meat Shake
02-27-2005, 04:36 PM
Dana white said it best - Chris gave josh way too much respect in the first round.
He should have come out swinging.
The fight was pretty weak... Chris called it before the fight too.
"The only way hell win is if he takes me down and lays on top of me"
... which is exactly what happened.
Id like to see a rematch.

These guys all seem pretty good, but do you really think any of them are quite ready for the UFC or PRIDE?
Id like to see more from this diego cat.

BM2
02-27-2005, 08:09 PM
Josh hardly threw a punch in the second round. Chris was way too hesitant but he at least was trying submisson from the bottom, keylock, shoulder lock.
Oh, which one has the funnier hair?
Diego Sanchez beat Pablo Popovitch by an advantage although he was beaten earlier by Pablo last year. Pablo is one bad dude. Here is Pablo winning a bjj tournament against Avellan.

truewrestler
02-28-2005, 07:26 AM
i have updated the links

Becca
03-01-2005, 01:18 AM
Thanx! You ar my personal hero for this, truewrestler! :)

P.S. I don't think either one would qualify for the best hair award. Josh looks like he had a fight with an eggbeater, and Chris with his deliberatly died blood red hair reminded me of the time my then-3-year-old neice got into he mommy's hair care products. :eek: :D :D :D

rogue
03-01-2005, 06:41 AM
Move on everybody, the new question is:
Was Bobby robbed?

Abstract
03-01-2005, 10:09 AM
the other cat fought a tough fight, but when you come right down to it, Bobby handled him the whole time.

yes, he was robbed :mad:

i've missed all but last night's ep & one two more...when did the drunk get kicked off the show? the little guy...laben?

rogue
03-01-2005, 11:05 AM
Either one of the judges didn't like him or he didn't sell that he was handling him the whole time. On first watch Bobby got taken down more and was backing up a lot, so to me no matter what he was doing it looked like he was getting handled. On second watch I can see that he was doing better than I first thought.

Question for the guys here that fight: So far in the ring the fighters look a little reserved with each other. Is this because of the way the show is set up that the fighters are playing it safe and trying not to lose rather than trying to win, or is this the norm for fighters at this level? :confused:

Ford Prefect
03-01-2005, 11:48 AM
Rogue,

I'd say it's a match up thing. They look reserved because they generally don't fight guys that good. They do a lot of little of little things in positioning to negate each other's attacks. To the layman, it looks like he pulled a punch or didn't capitalize on an oppurtunity. To the guys in the ring, they see the guy reposition or begin a defense that would have nullified the attack, so they stop. In the mismatch like Diego vs Karelexis, you can clearly see they are not hesitant when they gain the advantage. Same with Southworth trading punches with that first guy he knocked out. The trouble is gaining that advantage.

I trained with Kenny before he was serious into Thai, so I can't wait to see how his game is. He is a great grappler though and aggressive as anything. His motto is win at all costs to avoid a judges decision. In one superfight I saw him in (at the first NAGA tourney I ever competed in), he was clearly ahead on points and knew there was less than 20 seconds in the match left. He still passed his opponents guard and tapped him with an armbar in those 20 seconds. He'll be aggressive if he can be. I'm sure most of those guys are like that.

rogue
03-01-2005, 12:15 PM
Thanks Ford good points. I should have noticed the slight repositioning, so Doh on me. :o I'm going to watch it again and look for those.

Ford Prefect
03-01-2005, 02:24 PM
haha! Not saying that's the case each time. I'm sure nerves of being on national TV, in a UFC octagon, with UFC top brass looking plays into it some as does over-estimating the opponent and not wanting to get caught. Thinking too much instead of just getting in there and banging like they normally do...

Toby
03-01-2005, 08:52 PM
Motherfocker! I twice got within 11MB and 16MB of getting Eps 1-5 and then both times it mysteriously froze right at the end. Giving up now 'cause crappy Oz ISP laws mean your download limit is capped per month and these two failed downloads significantly advanced me towards my limit.

truewrestler
03-02-2005, 07:10 AM
Sorry guys that I don't have the Episode 7 up yet. My roommate was messing with our router at home and unplugged the wrong cable which went to the ReplayTv box. I didn't have time to figure it out Tuesday morning but got everything worked out last night. I left for work this morning with the video file saving. I'll have it uploaded early tonight.

Toby you should get a download manager so you can resume downloads. I was using FlashGet for a while but I believe it has spy/adware. I'm doing some research now to get a different one and will let you know what I find.

Ford Prefect
03-02-2005, 07:14 AM
Toby,

Perhaps you should move off that prison colony island...

Becca
03-02-2005, 07:27 AM
Dana talks to Bobby and tries to calm him down. Bobby feels that he did more damage and deserved to win. Dana reminds him that he knows never to leave a decision to the judges. Irate, Bobby says he feels like someone stole something from him.

I love this exerpt from the website. Bobby was laphing hard when it happened to someone else... :rolleyes:

FngSaiYuk
03-02-2005, 08:03 AM
Motherfocker! I twice got within 11MB and 16MB of getting Eps 1-5 and then both times it mysteriously froze right at the end. Giving up now 'cause crappy Oz ISP laws mean your download limit is capped per month and these two failed downloads significantly advanced me towards my limit.

Should try grabbing torrents (http://s2.isohunt.com/torrents.php?ihq=ultimate+fighter&ext=&op=and) of the episodes.

Din Gao
03-02-2005, 08:25 AM
I don't know about a "robbery". I thought the fight was close enough that it should have gone a third round but there was no injustice in giving it Bonner. If you review the fight through the wonders of Tivo's slow-mo you'll see:

What the judges look at:
First off, Southworth backed up the entire fight and that is no way to endear yourself to the judges.
Second, Southworth has heavier hands but only landed two shots that hurt Bonner, ignore the crowd. Bonner had the edge in punches thrown and was the more aggressive/active of the two fighters.
Third, Bonner had two escapes to Southworth 's one.
Fourth, Bonner had three takedowns to Southworth's one.

If you break it down by round:
ROUND 1:
Strikes: Bonner 8, Southworth 5
Takedowns: Bonner 1, Southworth 0
Submission Attempts: Bonner 1, Southworth 0

ROUND 2:
Strikes: Bonner 11, Southworth 10
Takedowns: Bonner 2, Southworth 1
Submission Attempts: Bonner 0, Southworth 1

For each of the takedowns there was a reversal so you can double that.

rogue
03-02-2005, 08:43 AM
I think even Randy C thought it was going to go a third round. Impresssions count and Bonner gave me the impression of being the more aggressive of the two.

Din Gao
03-02-2005, 09:19 AM
Yeah, my first impression was it was a draw with the edge to Bonner but a third round would have been fair. I couldn't really tell who looked more gassed by the end but it was probably Bonner.

Overall, I think he had the right attitude. He went out aggressive and in the pre-fight he was thinking it would be hard to stop Bobby in two rounds to get the $5000. Definitely a better fight then Leben vs. Koschek.

Mutant
03-02-2005, 09:36 AM
Yeah, my first impression was it was a draw with the edge to Bonner but a third round would have been fair. I couldn't really tell who looked more gassed by the end but it was probably Bonner.

Overall, I think he had the right attitude. He went out aggressive and in the pre-fight he was thinking it would be hard to stop Bobby in two rounds to get the $5000. Definitely a better fight then Leben vs. Koschek.

Agree with your assessment there. Bonner edged Bobby out on points and was more aggressive and set the tempo of the fight.

truewrestler
03-02-2005, 05:27 PM
the episode 7 link is up in the first post

phoenix-eye
03-03-2005, 06:56 PM
Just a quick post to express thanks to truewrestler for taking the time to post these links....

It's very much appreciated....

PE

norther practitioner
03-03-2005, 06:58 PM
Good fight in Episode 7

Ford Prefect
03-04-2005, 07:23 AM
Yup. Just watched it last night. Thanks again, TW. I think it should have gone a 3rd round.

truewrestler
03-04-2005, 07:41 AM
no problem

I haven't re-watched the fight but I was initially disappointed in the judging. Yes, Bonnar was more aggressive but I thought that Southworth was more effective with his strikes. I wish a 3rd round had happened. Maybe they should have split-decisions force the fight to a 3rd round as well :)

norther practitioner
03-04-2005, 11:27 AM
I thought that was the most entertaining fight yet, I would have liked to see a third round as well... I had it even.

BM2
03-06-2005, 07:37 PM
Which one will be back on the show, Jason or Chris? Recall Jason? He was chosen last by Randy and was chosen again to be the one to leave before the bouts determined the one to leave.
I am going with Chris. :eek: Just from the response from Josh as said "It just get's weirder and weirder around here."

Din Gao
03-06-2005, 08:15 PM
I guess that means Nate can't continue and it is Team Cotoure's choice. I would think they would choose Leben but there would be more talk of favoritism. I can't imagine that Jason Thacker would come back. He didn't seem to want to be there in the first place. My guess is either Alex Karalexis (who will get choked out again) or the guy that left after the first challenge. I can't remember his name.

WhiteMonkey
03-07-2005, 09:52 AM
On behalf of everyone who is following this show and downloading the vids....thank you for posting them, on the real, its a great thing you have done.

Thank Again...

WhiteMonkey

hung-le
03-07-2005, 12:29 PM
That show is right up there with Queer eye for the Straight Guy!

Anybody that watches it must have Butt lov'in tendency.

Hmmmmm…. let me see,,,,, no one home…I know, I’ll watch two grown sweaty men wearing Speedos rolling on top of each other. In between the butt jousting, we get to watch them get drunk and make idiots out of each other……

Now that’s a sport!

Ahhhhh Sounds HOT!!!!

If your a Butt Jouster!!!

Hey, Not that there’s anything wrong with that… :D

No getting around it!
Say what you want……..

In the end, the show is still a Fudge packing Fest!! :eek:

Ford Prefect
03-07-2005, 12:40 PM
This thread just got full of repressed projection.

hung-le
03-07-2005, 12:46 PM
Don't hold back your repressed Butt lov'in tendency

you know you love the show......

grab another girly drink and shimmy up to the fire. Another show is about to start!!!!!!

truewrestler
03-07-2005, 12:47 PM
hung-le, cum on over for my weekly party!

hung-le
03-07-2005, 12:54 PM
truewrestler hung-le, cum on over for my weekly party!

Naw..... I'm afraid you will want to get sweaty drunk and try to mount me. You know like as in that UFC show...life imitates arts……

I’m not into that kind of fun

Hey, not that there’s anything wrong with that :eek:

WanderingMonk
03-07-2005, 02:19 PM
during one of the training session, the grappling coach told the fighters to work for the under-arm clench. He said the under-arm clench is the one that win the fight.

so what is the advantage of the under-arm clench?

also, in most of the fight, there was very little use of the kicks. No use of front kick to control distance. they relied on the use of jabs and cross to back the guy up. is it because the fighters were mostly boxer and did not like to kick? or do they feel vulnerable exposing themselve to takedown if they kick?

thanks.

Ford Prefect
03-07-2005, 08:12 PM

hung-le,

Pretty funny that a forum regular would have to resort to creating a whole new account to troll this thread. Even if you're just doing it for fun, that's pretty sad that you have the time to do it. Either way... lol @ your life.

Mr Punch
03-08-2005, 12:09 AM
during one of the training session, the grappling coach told the fighters to work for the under-arm clench. He said the under-arm clench is the one that win the fight.

so what is the advantage of the under-arm clench? Are you talking about the underhook clinch?

If you control under their arms you are attacking their hips, their balance, their root, without allowing them to lower their centre of balance, which makes them much easier to pick up and dump, to throw, or makes it easier to drop down for a double leg if you wanted to. Also it prevents them from dropping their arms onto your knees if you're kneeing them (tho most MMA schools, and for that matter wing chun will usually advocate using your legs to deflect the knees, in wing chun if your structure is already compromised in the clinch and your head is pulled down
you may want to drop your arm/elbow onto the knee).

A hold around the head and neck is generally easier to shrug off, especially if there are no clothes to grab onto, which is why at one point (I think it was) Couture said 'Let's have none of those head grabbing judo type throws' or words to that effect (maybe 1st or 2nd episode).

Basically, it gives you control of the clinch.

That's all I know. Ask someone else if you want to know more! :D

also, in most of the fight, there was very little use of the kicks. No use of front kick to control distance. they relied on the use of jabs and cross to back the guy up. is it because the fighters were mostly boxer and did not like to kick? or do they feel vulnerable exposing themselve to takedown if they kick?

thanks.Yeah, I noticed that. Strange right? I guess the coaches are more into boxing. I don't follow UFC as much as Pride, so I've no idea the current thinking as to why this may be so. In Pride there are a lot more kicks. I noticed that Stefan guy really working his front kick on the bag, but he didn't use it once in the fight, just came out with a couple of spinning back kicks with half-assed timing. And the only other guy to use kicks was that Leben who was using low kicks, but I don't think he landed more than one successfully.

Mr Punch
03-08-2005, 12:15 AM
BTW, FWIW I thought the Stefan whassisface vs whassisface Souththingy should have gone to another round.

The one things that made me wonder about the whole shebang is how much of a bunch of bloody kids they all are, and b!tchy too. For men in their late twenties/early thirties with a good opportunity like that...

They aren't training more than four hours a day (I used to do that at Uni and when I ran my own business - tho nowhere near the same intensity!!! ;) ) and the last time I got drunk and destroyed something I was 24. For pros and would-be pros I'm singularly unimpressed.

Becca
03-08-2005, 12:38 AM
:eek: :D Thanx for the chuckle, Mat, I needed one!

Tonight's episode knida sucked. I think they hit an all-time low on how much actual training they didn't show. :( But the drama was good, I guess. :rolleyes:

Din Gao
03-08-2005, 06:52 AM
Mat summed up the under-arm clinch perfectly.

I know Stefan's background is in boxing and BJJ. He was a golden gloves guy out of Chicago. Not sure about Southworth's background though I think it is boxing also. So I wouldn't expect too much kicking from either of them.

Kenny Florian should be interesting to watch, in terms of kicks, cause he is Muay Thai/BJJ.

rogue
03-08-2005, 07:31 AM
The one things that made me wonder about the whole shebang is how much of a bunch of bloody kids they all are, and b!tchy too.

Mat, Dana White makes a reference to why he thinks Southworth hasn't progressed further than he has in MMA. I think the b!tchiness comes from being stuck in the same house without TV and little contact with the outside world.

I'm glad Leben is back, he's an interesting character.

SAAMAG
03-08-2005, 08:37 AM
I just saw my first episode of this yesterday night. It was "interesting" to say the least.

First off, they're all pretty immature as to how they interact, but that's besides the point. I do like their dedication to what they want to achieve though...it seems to really hurt when they have to leave. It must be hard to get so close but fall away. If all else fails, at least they got some exposure with the main man Dana.

Technique wise, Diego seemed pretty well trained, the guy he fought last night was completely overmatched. I have no idea why the guy picked who he picked...and don't know how he didn't even get ONE hit in. Diego seemed to control the fight before it even started.

Reminds me of the same drama though you would see on WWE just before it.

PS. That goofy hick guy with the bad hair cut and big ears gets on my nerves. Is that just me? Does he even have any skills? (note that I've not seen the previous episodes.)

Din Gao
03-08-2005, 08:44 AM
I have not seen last night's episode yet but Diego is really good. I think he has a 12-0 record in MMA so far. In terms of ground fighting, he and Kenny Florian IMO are the strongest. I think one of those two will be the eventual middle weight winner.

Leben is back!?! Wow, I am glad but I would have thought the cries of favoritism would have been to great. Hopefully, he fights Koschek again.

Mr Punch
03-08-2005, 09:46 AM
Mat, Dana White makes a reference to why he thinks Southworth hasn't progressed further than he has in MMA. I think the b!tchiness comes from being stuck in the same house without TV and little contact with the outside world.

I'm glad Leben is back, he's an interesting character.Yeah, but I mean, I'm a MA freak. If I'm training for four hours and then I've got nothing to do for the rest of the day... I'm gonna train! When I'm waiting for the kettle to boil I'm chain punching, when I'm opening doors I'm shoulder slamming, when I see a post I'm shooting, when I wash up I'm in horse, when I'm looking for something I'm shadow-boxing, when I get up I'm kicking... I mean MAN, I would love a chance like these spoilt kids are getting.

And as for the b1tching thing... like that **** with that Sam guy and his big tits when he leaves the room: if I have to say something, I'll say it to your face. At least you have a chance to wind me up in turn. I mean, that's just high school.

But still, if you're training, you don't have time to b1tch!

Sides man, I'd be too busy taking their money off them on the pool table!!! :D :cool:

truewrestler
03-08-2005, 10:55 AM
I don't think I've seen anyone use the push kick consistently in MMA besides. Semmy Shilt uses a front snap type kick to the body and head but he is like 7 foot usually fighting much shorter guys.

Ford Prefect
03-08-2005, 10:55 AM
Mat,

How do you know these guys don't do that but it's editted out? You are seeing 3-7 days condensed into an 45-50 minutes of air time. Thats 168 hours slammed into 45 minutes... Come on. There's a lot of stuff cut out. Also, how do you know there isn't a clause in the contract saying they can't do that while in the house?

I can't speak for the rest of them, but Kenny trains pretty hard. When I trained with him 5 days/week, he was usually there before I got there, and was there after I left. He has mats in his basement, so he trains around the clock with his brothers, one of whom is a BJJ Blackbelt as well. The kid is always training every free second he had. He routinely travelled to Brazil and trained at Carlos Gracie Jr's (Renzo Gracie's dad and teacher of the Machado's as well as Kenny's main instructor) school, Gracie Barra. All he did there was ttrain MMA and BJJ. He even fights under the Gracie Barra flag.

Don't forget, these guys are in that house nearly 20 hours/day. They have no TV, no radio, no books or news papers... That's enough to drive most people into b1tching or act like they normally wouldn't. Gain a little perspective here.

norther practitioner
03-08-2005, 11:43 AM
I only caught the last 15 minutes of the show.. the fight suxored... People need to learn to sprawl better.

SAAMAG
03-08-2005, 11:46 AM
Well there's always room for improvement with anybody. The question is (and this is rhetorical...) How would you have faired against Diego? I probably would have lost as well. My ground game sucks. His seems very good in comparison.

norther practitioner
03-08-2005, 11:49 AM
He would have pounded the crap out of me too.. I'm just saying.

WanderingMonk
03-08-2005, 11:50 AM
Are you talking about the underhook clinch?

Mat,

yes, I meant the underhook clinch. thanks for the detail explanation.

wm

Paniero
03-08-2005, 03:43 PM
Could you link last night's show?

Thanks.

FngSaiYuk
03-08-2005, 03:59 PM
Could you link last night's show?

Thanks.

Ep 8 Torrent (http://s5.isohunt.com/download.php?mode=bt&id=3288837)

Found on ISO Hunt (http://s4.isohunt.com/torrents.php?ihq=ultimate+fighter&ext=&op=and&nr)

Paniero
03-08-2005, 04:10 PM
Thanks a lot. Staying up until midnight to watch on Mondays is kind of hard to do.

Next stop, Tivo.

WanderingMonk
03-08-2005, 05:19 PM
Thanks a lot. Staying up until midnight to watch on Mondays is kind of hard to do.

Next stop, Tivo.
The show is on four times a week.

Monday 11 PM (initial airring)
Sat 12 AM (repeat)
Sat 10 PM (repeat)
Sun 6 PM (repeat)

Paniero
03-08-2005, 06:06 PM
Yes, but my evil roomate just sits around with a knowing smile and won't tell me what happened all week.

:)

truewrestler
03-08-2005, 09:23 PM
episode 8 is up on first post...i'll upload the others again overnight

Mr Punch
03-09-2005, 12:44 AM
Mat,

How do you know these guys don't do that but it's editted out? You are seeing 3-7 days condensed into an 45-50 minutes of air time. Thats 168 hours slammed into 45 minutes... Come on. There's a lot of stuff cut out. Also, how do you know there isn't a clause in the contract saying they can't do that while in the house?I don't know any of these things. Good point, I'll shut up now! :)

I can't speak for the rest of them, but Kenny trains pretty hard. Fair enough. :)

Don't forget, these guys are in that house nearly 20 hours/day. They have no TV, no radio, no books or news papers... That's enough to drive most people into b1tching or act like they normally wouldn't. That's why I'd be training (if my contract didn't forbid it).

Gain a little perspective here.I have a (very) little perspective thanks... and don't be ridiculous, this is KFM :D.

Mr Punch
03-09-2005, 12:48 AM
Cheers TW.

BTW, we weren't only talking front kicks but ANY kicks. and we weren't talking consistantly, just once or twice would be interesting...!

I see front kicks quite often in shooto, and I've seen a fair few in Pride and of course K1 even MMA rules though I know K1's a different kettle of fish, even from one of the Gracies (I'll try and remember which one if anyone's interested... it was the one in the New Year show but it wasn't that fight).

Ford Prefect
03-10-2005, 09:11 AM
Bump.

Diego looked pretty good again.

Din Gao
03-10-2005, 10:35 AM
I wonder which Lidell middle weight will have to go to team Cotoure. It would be funny if it was Josh. That might be the smart thing ratings-wise and because I think it will come down to Florian versus Diego anyway.

rogue
03-10-2005, 04:02 PM
Diego was good but he took way to long. :D

Ford Prefect
03-15-2005, 10:41 AM
Bobby coming back now? I hope Kenny fights next week.

rogue
03-15-2005, 02:53 PM
Bringing Bobby back would be my pick. What's the next twist, team mate vs team mate?

Din Gao
03-15-2005, 05:01 PM
Woo, you gotta love it. The fight was brief but nice. Both guys were game. They came out swinging but it looks like several of the guys need work on escaping the mount. Then again it is easier to say that when someone isn't raining bombs on your dome. Forrest was pretty classy about it too.

It would sux if Forrest has to leave. I had a similar cut from a inadvertant headbut. Even after I thought it had healed it split open again. I guess bobby would back though I wish it were Alex.

I think you are right, Rogue. It looks like it may be team mate versus team mate.

norther practitioner
03-15-2005, 05:09 PM
Any chance of getting Epis. 8 up again?

Din Gao
03-15-2005, 05:12 PM
Hopefully, somebody more technically savvy then me can do it.

FngSaiYuk
03-15-2005, 08:04 PM
Here's the results of a torrent search for 'ultimate fighter'. (http://s4.isohunt.com/torrents.php?ihq=ultimate+fighter&ext=&op=and&nr)

You'll find torrents to download each episode.

truewrestler
03-16-2005, 07:50 PM
i have posted Episode 9, and will update the others overnight

thanks FngSaiYuk, that is a very handy site!

truewrestler
03-17-2005, 09:30 AM
i have updated the links on the first post

norther practitioner
03-17-2005, 12:55 PM
i have updated the links on the first post

Thanks man..

truewrestler
03-18-2005, 06:47 AM
"it looks like several of the guys need work on escaping the mount"

...preventing someone from getting mount is the first step :)

Din Gao
03-18-2005, 07:11 AM
HAHA!! Very good point. At the very least he could have pulled Forrest into the half-guard. Even better I think he used the cage to escape it or prevent going down all together (I'd have to look at it again). I seem to recall hearing Randy yelling that to him from the side. Once he went down he didn't look comfortable and I thought he tapped somewhat quickly.

Ford Prefect
03-18-2005, 07:53 AM
One thing you have to remember about the ground work:

A great grappler will make a good one look like a chump.

A good grappler will make a decent grappler look like chump.

ETC ETC ETC ETC

When I was training, I placed in a couple tournaments in the intermediate division. I was decent for my experience level and rank. I'd definately take a guy who didn't know the ground and those with less experience out with the ease you see in some of these matches. I'd make them look like the newb's that they were. The thing is a guy with more experience could come along and make me look like a newb. Then a guy with more experience than that guy could come along and make him look like a newb. It's tough to say how good these people really are without seeing them make fundemental mistakes. They could very well own nearly all of us on the ground, but because they are going up against much more skilled people, they look like chumps.

Din Gao
03-18-2005, 09:55 AM
I couldn't agree with you more Ford having been there myself. At that level, the slightest mistake and you will end up looking silly. I am not sure what Alex S. ground experience is but from their comments he was quick to tap in training. I know Forrest is a Straight Blast guy and overall a pretty well rounded fighter. I think it was that little bit of hesitation cost Alex maintaining a more neutral position. Skillwise Forrest vs. Alex was closer, especially in stand up, then Josh R. vs. Diego.

While it must be great to learn and train with Randy and Chuck over the course of the show, I wonder how much they can affect the outcome of the fight. Who do you think actually benefits more on the show; a striker learning some ground skills or vice versa? I tend to think it is the latter.

rogue
03-18-2005, 09:50 PM
I think it's easier for the grapplers. It's harder for a grappler to be taken out of his game than it is for a striker.

norther practitioner
03-19-2005, 12:07 PM
That last fight was the most entertaining to watch I think. Alex came out throwing some bombs. lol at having a poker chip fight...

PangQuan
03-21-2005, 01:18 PM
Now I dont watch T.V. but I happened to be at a friends house on sunday, his wife was flipping through the channels, one of the channels she stopped on was this spike tv channel. The UFC thing was on and they had them running up and down stairs picking up cases of bottled water. I thought "ok this is kind of odd, at least it shows how they can pick stuff up" The funny thing though is that when I pick up stuff like that, it always goes back to the training and I squat down into a horse, grab, and lift. Seems like common sense to me. But the thing I noticed was that none of those UFC guys did a horse stance while repeatedly picking up cases of water. This, IMO, shows the results of a self destructice training regime. Why put your lower back through all that abuse? Do they train with the same attitude of disregard for the longevity of their body?

Just something I noticed and am pointing out. I dont know if it shows they way they train on that show or not.

Din Gao
03-21-2005, 02:31 PM
To be honest, they don't show nearly enough training on the show in my opinion. I wouldn't read too much into how they lifted the cases of water as an indictment on their training. That was just a goofy reality show stunt they use to determine who fights. I would have expected them to lift with their legs, not necessarily a horse stance, since that is a pretty universal concept. In terms of BJJ/boxing/muay thai, the correct posture is just as important as it would be in other martial arts.

Rogue, that was my thought as well ground vs. standing and which proficiency benefits more from the cross-training on the show given the limited amount of time they have.

Ford Prefect
03-21-2005, 04:43 PM
Din Gao is right. "Left with your legs" is a well known concept found anywhere including gyms, mma clubs, home depots, etc. They were in a race. They wanted to do it as quickly as possible.

Ford Prefect
03-22-2005, 07:22 AM
ttt for TW. I heard Kenny was in trouble in Rd 1.

Din Gao
03-22-2005, 10:57 AM
Ford, have you seen it yet? For anyone that doesn't want to know yet don't read below.

Chris Leben was controlling the fight, especially in round 1. He looked alot better then in the fight versus Koschek. Having said that, Kenny must have a hell of a chin cause he was taking shots and giving up probably 15lbs. Leben dropped his hand out for a looping shot and it was a perfectly-timed elbow down the middle that opened a monster cut on his eye. What surprised me was that Kenny didn't really go for the takedown (only once). Ford, you know him right? How are his takedowns? Some of the guys I train with know him and his brothers but I won't see them until tomorrow. I really expected him to take him to the ground but maybe he was trying to send a message that he could stand up as well. I think the winner of Koschek/Diego will be a better match up for him.

Overall, Leben was winning the fight but a stoppage is a win so you can't deny Kenny anything.

rogue
03-22-2005, 11:06 AM
Kenny staying on his feet surprised me too. I was certain he'd take Leban to the ground but I think Kenny wanted to take it to Chris where Chris was strongest. Leban was winning but he wasn't putting Kenny away. Is stamping on a guys foot common? And what about the punches to the leg Leban was doing in the clinch is that also common? :confused:

I'm sorry to see whinny Bobby back. He has talent but I don't think he has the work ethic to make full use of the talent. I'm looking forward to the Alex K vs Diego matchup. My money is on Diego.

It does make me feel better seeing them make the same stupid mistakes that I make. Forrest talking about hyperextending his elbow on a missed punch was something I could relate to. :cool:

fa_jing
03-22-2005, 11:21 AM
Kenny didn't take Leben down because he couldn't. At first Chris defended the openings. Then Florian was too tired to take him down. He knew he was losing the fight horribly, you could see it in his face when the judge raised his hand. But he deserved to win more than he himself realized. One blow can change the outcome of the fight and if it is an elbow, doesn't even need much juice on it. But his did have a nice pop. By not going down, by coming up with a solid shot from time to time, he kept himself alive. It's like the football team down big that can stay within two touchdowns of the opponent at the start of the 4th quarter.

Then again, Florian completely turned his back on Leben in the first round. I'd pick Leben in a rematch, assuming he stays out of the psycho ward.

Din Gao
03-22-2005, 11:46 AM
That is a good observation fa-jing. I focused more on Kenny not going for the takedown then Chris' defending the openings. Chris also was able to prevent the double underhooks and use his strength/weight to push Kenny against the cage. From what I understand Kenny came up in weight for the show and he still was small by comparison. He definitely has heart.

Rogue - I have always heard them refered to as hammer fists, for lack of a better term. Though not crushing they are draining both in terms of strength and spirit. It was interesting to see him do that.

I am not a big fan of Bobby either but I was expecting it. I just hope Diego pounds Koschek. The preview showed a pretty good takedown by Koschek and what looked like Diego setting up a guillotine choke. He won't be able to sit on Diego like he did with Chris.

Ford Prefect
03-22-2005, 12:17 PM
Yeah. I trained with Kenny for a couple years. His takedowns are pretty good. He recently took second at a wrestling tournament in Brazil only losing to an olympian. I'm pretty sure he just couldn't take Chris down. Leben stuffed Kosheck effectively many times in their fight and Kosheck is a Div-1 National Champion and 4-time all-american. Kenny is definately not on Koshek's level as far as takedowns are concerned, and he'd be the first person to tell you that. I'm not surprised he didn't attempt any takedowns, but I am surprised Leben didn't try to ground and pound him. I figure it's because they had trained together and Leben knew he'd get schooled on the ground, so he decided to keep it standing.

I could be watching through rose-colored glasses, but I thought it was a decent fight for Kenny. Kenny is a natural 155'er and was giving up a lot of weight and power. Leben was throwing a lot but cleanly landing very little and Kenny landed some quality shots in the process. Obviously I'd have to say Leben won Round 1 and was on his way to win Round 2, but as that round wore on Kenny was looking stronger while is looked like Chris was looking weaker. It seemed Chris was running out of gas and Kenny was just picking his shots in between Leben flurries. It would have been interesting to see what would have happenned in Round 3, but it's anybody's guess now. Leben has knocked out some real good guys, so props to Kenny for weathering that storm.

I think he'll win the MW division. He matches up well with Kosh and Diego. Neither of them have anything resembling stand-up for that level and while they can take Kenny down, he's comfortable working from his back. I think Diego would give him more trouble since he's good at submissions too, so if he muscles Kenny to the ground, his size and strength may negate Kenny's skill. I'd imagine Kenny may try to keep it standing against him. I dunno though. The guy is a monster on the ground.

Din Gao
03-22-2005, 12:44 PM
Chris came out blazing, all offense and defending very little with regards to punches proably cause of the size advantage. I think into the second round Kenny started taking advantage of that since he wasn't sustaining any major damage. You can't take it away from either fighter

Since I think it will be Diego beating JK, it should be an interesting match up with Kenny. Especially is Kenny is fighting from the guard. With Diego's strength, as you mentioned, he could press him against the cage for GNP. If he can keep it standing, I am guessing it would be a decision for KF unless he gets another elbow. ;) Josh is probably stronger then both of them but I think he lacks the submissions and the standup for either Diego or Kenny.

That will be a good fight.

Ford Prefect
03-22-2005, 12:54 PM
I agree. Kosh has the most potential, IMO, but he is still basically just a wrestler. He doesn't have the striking and submissions game to compete. The most he can do is take people down and hold them down. Diego - Kenny on the ground would be real interesting to see. Kenny really is just plain nasty in a grappling sense.

WinterPalm
03-22-2005, 01:00 PM
I was glad to see Chris get beaten again. I am glad, however, that he wasn't talking so much nonsense before the fight and I really liked the way Kenny was talking to Chris before the fight. Telling him he was a good guy and he liked training with him, I think he psyched up Chris because his attitude seemed to resemble "I'm sorry but I'm going to have to beat you up." But he did it in a way that was very cool and intimidating.

All in all I think that Chris was way too offensive and even sloppy. Compared to the last fight where the Guy that lost got some good punches in on the Winner but still lost. At least that guy was giving some good shots and acted with some skill. Chris seemed to be just concerned with hitting Kenny and flailing his arms. And I mean stepping on the guy's foot? What was that!? I understand in a real fight but this is a ring and he steps on the guy's foot? He deserved to lose just for that! :)

FngSaiYuk
03-22-2005, 01:12 PM
And I mean stepping on the guy's foot? What was that!? I understand in a real fight but this is a ring and he steps on the guy's foot? He deserved to lose just for that! :)
Heheh, this is the UFC. I've seen the iceman use the foot stomp on his opponent's foot quite often.

jun_erh
03-22-2005, 02:13 PM
the last two fights have been the first two as far as I'm cncerned. Leben still hasn't really lost either. the first was a draw to anyone with a brain and the second was a stoppage. Kolchak is total garbage. Diego Sanchez will beat him up.