PDA

View Full Version : wing chun Fremont

Steeeve
06-24-2008, 10:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nar3yKBn9XY

Steeve

sanjuro_ronin
06-24-2008, 11:54 AM
They tend to lift their chins a tad too much, other than that, typical WC.

Steeeve
06-24-2008, 11:53 PM
nahhhhhh

thats a version of wc...the horse is different ......not yee jee kim yuen ma ...but a narrow horse stance like the pan nam style .... the wave motion of the body ....and so on ...in the forms

thats could be a good variation of wing chun.....maybe the real wing chun;)Who Know??....

In fact thats very interesting ....

Sifu Vince Lacey is a real one .....

Steeve

HardWork8
06-25-2008, 02:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nar3yKBn9XY

Steeve

Wow! very different but nevertheless interesting.

sanjuro_ronin
06-25-2008, 04:14 AM
nahhhhhh

thats a version of wc...the horse is different ......not yee jee kim yuen ma ...but a narrow horse stance like the pan nam style .... the wave motion of the body ....and so on ...in the forms

thats could be a good variation of wing chun.....maybe the real wing chun;)Who Know??....

In fact thats very interesting ....

Sifu Vince Lacey is a real one .....

Steeve

Not really, you need to get out more ;)
Why do they lift the chin so much?

Steeeve
06-26-2008, 01:48 PM
probably for bobing and weaving:D

Steeve

TenTigers
06-26-2008, 07:55 PM
the guy in the last exchange looked like Alan Lamb.

SAAMAG
06-26-2008, 09:36 PM
Looks pretty cool. You can literally see the transitions from soft to hard and back again.

Only thing is that as SR said, they hold their chins up too high...good way to get knocked out. I've seen that as commonplace with a lot of people though because everyone is trying to lean their head back away from the punches.

I think it's a byproduct of training in the headhunting environment....and just lack of realistic fight training.

Vajramusti
06-27-2008, 06:19 AM
the guy in the last exchange looked like Alan Lamb.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To each his own "wing chun".

I dont think that is Alan Lamb. The glimpse of the guy at the end is brief and possibly old.If that is recent it ain't Lamb.

joy chaudhuri

sanjuro_ronin
06-27-2008, 06:21 AM
Looks pretty cool. You can literally see the transitions from soft to hard and back again.

Only thing is that as SR said, they hold their chins up too high...good way to get knocked out. I've seen that as commonplace with a lot of people though because everyone is trying to lean their head back away from the punches.

I think it's a byproduct of training in the headhunting environment....and just lack of realistic fight training.

Yes, quite correct.
You don't left your chin to "bob and weave", you tuck it in.
Kids...

Matrix
06-27-2008, 05:00 PM
Why do they lift the chin so much?I'd have to agree with SR here. I think they're just reaching a little too far on the high strikes. The lifting of the chin is evident. In the chi sao at the end(8:30+) you can see the reaching for the high strikes. By doing this the balance is compromised.
However, it's easy to critique a video.

I've seen a lot worse WC than this. Usually in the mirror. :)

Bill

Steeeve
06-29-2008, 05:30 PM
Lift up the Chin.....What do you mean by that???
You talk about the chi sao demo at the end of the video ....????probably lift the chin mean to put more weight in the heel .....just ask you to be sure of what you mean

Could you give more explainaition about that ....Yes Im Quebecois ...sometime english is hard with me;)...

Steeve

Matrix
06-29-2008, 07:29 PM
Lift up the Chin.....What do you mean by that???
You talk about the chi sao demo at the end of the video ....????probably lift the chin mean to put more weight in the heel .....just ask you to be sure of what you mean

Could you give more explainaition about that ....Yes Im Quebecois ...sometime english is hard with me;)...

SteeveMais oui, mon ami.
Although I cannot see how lifting the chin would put more weight on the heels. In fact it would have the opposite effect. It tends to raise your center of gravity.

It looks to me as if they are reaching up for high strikes and their head is tilted up slightly. This is seen when you lift you chin (quand tu leve ton menton) so that it is pointing up.

Demurez vous dans la region du Gatineau?
Ou entrainez vous?

Salut,
Bill

Steeeve
06-29-2008, 09:58 PM
Im more in hull ..after learned siu nimtao or sil lium tau for 30 years .......Im tired very tired
lifting the chin mean to put more weight in the heel in the chi sao drills ....but thats ok thats just a drills......Do you fight with chisao ....if yes give me secret men:D .....Do you know whats mean head butts? the head or lift up mean retract .....for sure a thats was a demo of chi sao ........retract ur head and go forward for ahead butt...in chi sao drills thats the best to broke the nose of ur opponents ..... BUT HERE THATS FOR SHOW SOME WING CHUN>>>>>....

Do you have have some head butt ....in Ur wing chun???????

Steeve

Steeeve
06-29-2008, 10:17 PM
CHI SAO OR CHI SAU ARE A DRILLS >>>>THATS NOT FIGHTING ....WHY YOU TALK ABOUT THE LIFT UP OF THE CHIN IN THE VIDEO >>>>>>

just for bad talk ....thats beginners ....doing chisao...and thats not too bad

Steeve

Matrix
07-01-2008, 01:27 PM
lifting the chin mean to put more weight in the heel in the chi sao drills ....but thats ok thats just a drills......Do you fight with chisao ....if yes give me secret men:D .....Do you know whats mean head butts?
Steeve,

I still don't see how lifting your chin puts more weight on your heels. I guess you're the guy with the secret.
Like you said, chi sao is just a drill. If you want to fight, then fight. Breaking your training partner's nose while doing a drill may limit the availability of training partners in the future. ;)
If you're fighting, then that's another story.

Steeeve
07-01-2008, 03:08 PM
no Bill

I dont have the Secret .....;)

Ok I thing I understood now what you mean by lift the chin up....for sure its not very good ...

Steeeve
07-16-2008, 01:41 PM
Ok next video of the Fremont group and Sifu Fred Kwok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrg0DbPnHhw

thats Wing chun from Jiu Wan lineage.... :)

Thank to the Buk sing fremont to show it (sifu Vince Lacey)

Steeve

monji112000
07-16-2008, 07:58 PM
Why do they lift the chin so much?

well its interesting to hear a lacey does WC. Wow everyone was Bruce's friend...

it looked like typical wing chun to me, other than the head bobing like SR said. I was hoping to see some sparring or fighting drills since Lacey is known as a fighter. I didn't care for the form, or the CHi sao.. not saying it was good or bad.. but I have seen chi sao before and I have seen all the forms... who cares lets see the real deal.