PDA

View Full Version : John Kreng

GeneChing
06-25-2008, 03:04 PM
I just got this press release on our old friend John Kreng. John did a lot of freelance work for us, including coordinating one of our most successful issues ever, the Bruce Lee Special (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=148).

Date: Thursday, June 26, 2008
call in number:

E-mail: info@leylahur.com

Manifesting the Positive Interviews Martial Artist and Comedian, John Kreng
This is ONE show you can NOT miss...!!!

Description
Join Stuart and me this Thursday at 8PM PST on our show, Manifesting the Positive radio. We are interviewing my dear friend, martial artist (he holds a third-degree black belt in Tang Soo Do and Te Katana Jujitsu), karate instructor, graphic artist/designer, stand up comedian, videogame designer/producer, contributing editor for various magazines, film critic, stuntman, stunt coordinator, and fight choreographer, John Kreng. John recently added the title Author to his list of accomplishments.

Close friends who know him well have called him a "Renegade Taoist." He is a firm believer in making the necessary sacrifices and commitments to following your bliss in life.

As a stunt coordinator, fight choreographer, and stuntman- he has worked with some incredible screen fighters, fight choreographers, and filmmakers like Jet Li, Yuen Cheung Yen, Brandy Yuen, Tsui Hark, Roger Corman, and Steven Spielberg.

If you lived in the L.A. area, he was the stunt coordinator and writer of the L.A. Times commercial that featured Yuen Cheung Yen and his wife Fu, narrated by Ben Afflek, which showed at almost every theater in town for a while.

He also worked with professional wrestler Ultimo Dragon and recently wrapped on a film with David Carradine and Udo Keir.

His love of martial arts action films led him to become a contributing editor for several martial arts and film review magazines.

For the 5th anniverary of the release of Enter the Dragon, John was the writer, coordinating editor, and project supervisor for the Bruce Lee Tribute issue published by TC Media.

John has written for Inside Kung Fu, Impact, World of Martial Arts, and Kung Fu-Tai Chi magazine.

John's new book "Fight Choreography: The Art of Non-Verbal Dialogue" is now available for sale at fine bookstores everywhere.

John is a very dear friend of mine, and he keeps me in stitches. His story of success; rising from living in garages with his Mum in Washington, to living in Los Angeles, California, knowing and working with some of the greatest martial artists in the world today is amazing, inspiring, and a true testament to manifesting the positive and succeeding against all odds.

Make sure you mark your calendars for this incredible night of laughter, tears, and inspiration.

More to come ;)

GeneChing
06-26-2008, 10:26 AM
Enter for your chance to win an
autographed copy of John Kreng's new book
FIGHT CHOREOGRAPHY: THE ART OF NON-VERBAL DIALOGUE (http://www.kungfumagazine.net/index.html)
here at KungFuMagazine.com.
Contest ends 7/28/08.

:cool:

doug maverick
06-26-2008, 05:38 PM
just entered. when are the anouncements for invisible target coming? although i wasn't to big of a fan of this film. i would love to see the DD treament as i'm sure it offers up some good extras.

GeneChing
06-27-2008, 09:33 AM
We're right up against submission deadline, so I've been slow with the drawings. I should have the last two up next week, assuming everything goes smoothly with the print magazine submission. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

doug maverick
06-27-2008, 02:36 PM
only for you gene

doug maverick
07-09-2008, 04:03 PM
when is the john kreng sweeptakes winners being anounced?

GeneChing
07-10-2008, 09:29 AM
The potential winners will be selected in a random drawing held on or about 7/29/08 (http://www.kungfumagazine.net/index.html) from among all eligible entries received. This is for Kreng's (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51332) book, of course, since you asked. Obviously, we do the selection after the contest ends, but sometimes, that's during some other crisis here at the office, so it gets delayed a bit. :o

doug maverick
07-10-2008, 02:12 PM
is it on book stands yet i might pic it up. it looks like an interesting read if anything.

GeneChing
07-11-2008, 09:53 AM
I moved your posts to this thread because their more topic appropriate here.

I haven't had the chance to read John's book yet. It looks quite good and I'm sure anyone in the fight choreography biz will have to engage it. Kreng's book is already available online at Course PTR. (http://www.courseptr.com/ptr_detail.cfm?group=Film&isbn=978%2D1%2D59200%2D679%2D3) I'm not sure what their distribution will be in regular bookstores.

I daresay we'll be hearing more from about this from John himself soon. ;)

doug maverick
07-28-2008, 08:51 PM
any updates on the drawing of this?

GeneChing
07-29-2008, 09:13 AM
...we have a new one. I'm not sure I'll be able to get to the drawing on this in the next two weeks, but I'll try.

doug maverick
08-17-2008, 11:54 PM
so i know asking about the contest usually disqualifies you but its been like 2 months. just thought i'd remind you gene

GeneChing
08-18-2008, 02:12 PM
we're right up on deadlines so it'll have to wait.

soon come...

GeneChing
08-26-2008, 01:02 PM
Sorry you didn't win again, Doug. Congrats to our winners (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=879554).

doug maverick
08-26-2008, 05:11 PM
thats it i quit.

doug maverick
09-18-2008, 09:34 AM
i thought you said i lost gene so i didn't even look at the winners to see that i actually did win. and i got my copy today, i will be reading and posting a extremely thorough review. this book is about something i know a tiny tiny bit about, i've choreagraphed both stage and screen fights(i tried to do the whole society of american fight directors thing, but honestly yeah not for me, there idea's on fight chorey don't mesh well with the stuff i like coming out of asia) but anyway glad that i one this thank to gene and kfm for finally finally lets a brother win one. and the reviews is coming.