PDA

View Full Version : Remember this guy?

Oso
06-26-2008, 07:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwmkpb0xvck

i'll be stepping away from the keyboard now....

Vash
06-26-2008, 07:59 PM
I don't. Seems like a good gymnast.

He one of the "trickz" guys?

golden arhat
06-26-2008, 08:17 PM
what about him ?:confused:

GunnedDownAtrocity
06-26-2008, 11:36 PM
ill be doing a little one handed surffin if you know what i mean . . .

i mean masturbating. to a white guy with an affro. because he can do crazy flips. i wish i could do crazy flips.

GunnedDownAtrocity
06-26-2008, 11:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNN6iLQgO2I&feature=related

Oso
06-27-2008, 04:29 AM
you mean you guys really don't recognize him? or his name?

TaichiMantis
06-27-2008, 04:40 AM
The screamer...here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ER_WO853gQ

Oso
06-27-2008, 04:45 AM
right.

i never saw this interview clip with him from that time period and there is really nothing wrong with his answers...train hard to get better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqLXfJnGkjs&feature=related

kinda cool to see him continue to work hard, he's got some pretty **** good physical ability.

Shaolin Wookie
06-27-2008, 05:05 AM
He's so angry! Somebody give that kid a hug or something....

sanjuro_ronin
06-27-2008, 05:20 AM
The horror...the horror....

SimonM
06-27-2008, 05:29 AM
That little kid sounds like he's got anger control issues.

Oso
06-27-2008, 06:06 AM
no, I'd say not judging by his personality in the interview clip.

just they way he was trained to win competitions.

yes, ridiculous but not his fault, he was 11.

Pork Chop
06-27-2008, 08:28 AM
I remember him Oso...
Where's MusicalKataChamp when you need him?

TenTigers
06-27-2008, 08:29 AM
I never cared for the screaming-especially when they teach this to young kids and girls. The breathing is incorrect and is all throat. These kids will end up with polyps and lose their voices altogether.
The martial arts schools that teach this are actually gymnastic schools, complete with trampolines, crash mats, etc. No actual Martial Arts are taught anymore, just this xma stuff.
Just like MMA-look at all their gyms-nothing but weights, tires,cages,bags, etc, No actual Martial Arts are taught there anymore.

Pork Chop
06-27-2008, 08:32 AM
Just like MMA-look at all their gyms-nothing but weights, tires,cages,bags, etc, No actual Martial Arts are taught there anymore.

ouch....rik made baby jesus cry...

my gym has all that stuff aside from the cage and we still learn Mae Mai Muay Thai Chaiya; traditional muay thai.

TenTigers
06-27-2008, 08:38 AM
you realize I was jkg, right?

But..wouldn't it be fun to see one of those guys in a cage fight?

David Jamieson
06-27-2008, 10:00 AM
His gymnastics are greatly improved.

Not quite sharp enough for olympic standards, but definitely better than anything xma is putting out in their hybrid karate/floor gymnastics styles.

is anyone really asking about Gymkata II: The reckoningening ? :p

Oso
06-27-2008, 12:42 PM
there was a link to a website, or maybe it was the youtube page, but the gym is a freerunning/parkour gym

Pork Chop
06-27-2008, 01:19 PM
you realize I was jkg, right?

oops

But..wouldn't it be fun to see one of those guys in a cage fight?

A few guys have tried jumping over their opponents in the cage, they usually get caught and then slammed...so yeah, it'd be really fun to see. LOL

Eric Olson
06-27-2008, 03:25 PM
The screamer...here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ER_WO853gQ

That kind of toothpick staff work reminds me of baton twirling...which is a difficult art in and of itself but I think its lacking the "martial" factor.

And the screaming isn't coordinated with the actual strikes which makes it ineffective...might scare the **** out of someone though.

EO

RonH
06-27-2008, 05:12 PM

He was 11, not 4. He fails for no other reason than doing utterly stupid yelling. Yes, he learned a pattern of moves. Being angry isn't a style and you can increase your adrenaline without looking like you're a dog with rabbies. If that is the way he was trained to raise adrenaline, his teacher should have been smacked in the head. The yelling makes him only look like a robot trying to glam up a routine.

I'd cast my vote for the star wars fan with a mic stand from canada.

Shaolin Wookie
06-28-2008, 07:08 AM

But look at his expression. He's genuinely pizzed. It looks like he's acting out---like inwardly he's saying: "I hate Karate! I said I wanted to do Jazz-Tap but mom said that was for girls! God, I hate Karate! Take this mom! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Oso
06-28-2008, 11:20 AM
I don't think he's genuinely ****ed but how the hell can anyone of us really say?

we don't know him, certainly didn't know him them, and we weren't there.

since he's going on to try acting maybe he was just good at projecting.

my main point was simply to show that this kid went on to keep training hard and developing real skills which is all and all a good thing.

Shaolin Wookie
06-28-2008, 12:09 PM
He did have impressive gymnastic skills. I wish I had some of those.

Becca
06-30-2008, 01:01 PM
I never cared for the screaming-especially when they teach this to young kids and girls. The breathing is incorrect and is all throat. These kids will end up with polyps and lose their voices altogether.
The martial arts schools that teach this are actually gymnastic schools, complete with trampolines, crash mats, etc. No actual Martial Arts are taught anymore, just this xma stuff.
Just like MMA-look at all their gyms-nothing but weights, tires,cages,bags, etc, No actual Martial Arts are taught there anymore.dunno about that. They were comparing the kid's bo performance to Becca Ross (no, I ain't her; I wish I had a billionth of her tallent.) No one would accuse her of being XMA. And her wins in TMA arena prove that she knows some actual martial arts. There may be some schools that fix that, but I wouldn't paint all of them with that brush.