PDA

View Full Version : O/T Hardest video game ever

IronFist
09-03-2001, 06:59 AM
Has anyone ever played Equinox for Super Nintendo (SNES)? This is the hardest game ever. By myself I got to the 4th world, Atlena. I loaned it to my friend, who is the best videogame player I know (he beat zelda 3 in 2 hours without dying, I know because it's on my copy of the game. There's a "0" next to his guy cuz he died 0 times) and told him that if he beat it, I'd give him $10.

Too bad, however, that this game isn't very popular. It never got the recognition of other RPG's like Final Fantasy or Secret of Mana.

So, has anyone played it? My $10 reward still stands. But, since you guys don't live by me, you have to videotape yourself beating the game and showing the ending. And I don't want a crappy camera setup where you home-movie-record the tv, I want the vcr hooked up through the tv recording what you're playing.

Man I'm bored. BTW, ever emulator rom of this game I've ever seen doesn't work. It freezes when you get an apple (life recovery) or something.

I dunno.

Back to studying.

Iron

Braden
09-03-2001, 07:08 AM
No way man, old school Mission Impossible is the hardest game ever. Rolling Thunder still ownz for _funnest_ game ever though.

But if you want hard, man, try playing M.U.L.E. against me. I'll own your ass, *****.

ged
09-03-2001, 08:05 AM
i played equinox on normal NES. using the code for unlimited lives, the furtherest i got was about 2/3 of the way through, which would take me several hours of straight playing.

and im sure the SNES one would be even harder.

um but i could do with 10 dollars?

and by the way, im guessing that ralek, your gonna read this post, and i want to ask you if youve played virtua fighter. because akira rocks in that, and he does kung fu?

qeySuS
09-03-2001, 11:58 AM
I'm gonna say Myth.

Free thinkers are dangerous!

Wongsifu
09-03-2001, 02:24 PM
them old games on the amstrad 464 i used to have were the hardest, i donno anyone who finished any of them,

"nostalgia time"
:D

I wongsifu shall strike fear into the hearts of trolls and mma guys who **** me off on these forums oh and in real life.

Sharky
09-03-2001, 08:39 PM
r-type on the original game boy "back in the day"

"Spectacular immaculate raps massacre cats like dracula bats, I'm snappin yer back cos I'm attackin the wack, duckin yer rapid attack, **** packin a gat, the mechanic of rap'll give you panic attacks with his Satanical raps." - Guess who.

HuangKaiVun
09-04-2001, 08:13 PM
What about just Pac-Man or Space Invaders?

You can't win those games any more than you can live forever.

Stranger
09-04-2001, 09:13 PM
Old School Masochist games:

SATAN'S HOLLOW,
MISSILE COMMAND,
CRAZY CLIMBER,
and
TAPPER

Games guaranteed to unravel your nerves.

Another old favorite was SPYHUNTER

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

Master_Mike
09-05-2001, 09:00 PM
The hardest game I ever played was Myst, amn all those puzzle gave me a headache.

Budokan
09-05-2001, 09:20 PM
The hardest games I ever played were the ones I had to type in code for before I played. Remember those days...? I always made a critical typing error somewhere around line 110 or so and the thing never worked properly. :rolleyes:

K. Mark Hoover

shaolinboxer
09-05-2001, 10:39 PM
I'd plug the clunky cartrige into the back of my commodore 64 and bang away at the keys, just so that i could play some silly game with commands like "fight dragon", "take bottle", "go up"....man...I'm gonna download the original text ZORK right now!

And remeber the TURTLE thingy that would draw the lines you coded in?

The Last Ninja on the C64 has one of the sickest analog title tracks...I friend of mine invited me over and cranked it over his JBLs and I was amazed at the quality and richness of the sound.

Kymus
09-11-2001, 07:59 PM
HuangKaiVun:

Someone actually beat Ms.Pac Man in 6 hours straight with using only was quarter. It was witnessed and documented.

~Crosstraining is the key~
-Sifu Rick Tucci
www.pamausa.com (http://www.pamausa.com)

Sharky
09-18-2001, 06:56 PM
it was hard enough trying to get my C128 (yeah, none of that C64 crap ;) ) to actually LOAD the games! Also, the crazy colours always made my eyes go woozy.

"You can't see it if you blind but we will always prevail (true)/Life is like the open sea, the truth is the wind in our sail/And in the end, our names is on the lips of dying men/If ever crushed in the earth, we always rise again/When the words of lying men sound lush like the sound of a violin/The truth is there, it's just the heart you gotta find it in" - Talib Kweli