PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Want to Talk About Black Tiger Styles and how they are Related ?

Firehawk4
06-28-2008, 10:15 PM
There seems to be alot of different Black Tiger styles poping up on YuTube and the internet . I herd that Shantung Black Tiger was created from Hark Fu Moon and was the ten best techniques of the Ten Tigers and mixed with Northern Kuen , and that it was actualy a Southern Style .

David Jamieson
06-30-2008, 04:52 AM
I don't think they are necessarily related except through the obvious lines of origin such as Shaolin.

The style I learned is related to Hung. the style I learn from another is also related to Hung, but also there is other Shaolin flavour as well, more CLF type or Fut Gar type of practice in that Black Tiger. Fu Jow Pai is related to Hung gar and Black tiger Gate (Hark Fu Muhn) is Shaolin based with strong military styles influence. Shantung BT as shown in the book about it is clearly influenced by Shaolin.

There is no interweaving over the years between styles for the most part. I think the internet has probably brought about the most cross awareness between all styles.