PDA

View Full Version : Treasures of Southern Boxing

Jim Roselando
07-01-2008, 01:48 PM
Hello all,

We just added a bunch of Southern Boxing DVD's and eBooks to our site! Stop by and check out the free clips!

www.apricotforesthall.com/store.html

Enjoy!

:)

Eddie
07-02-2008, 12:18 AM
Your website wants to read the contents of my clip board. If I didn’t install a filter, I wouldn’t have known about this. Not sure what your intentions with this are, or if you know about it or not, but theres no way I’m visiting that site again until Im assured of my personal privacy.

Whats the reason for wanting to read people’s clip board info?

Jim Roselando
07-02-2008, 09:28 AM
Hello,

Clip Board???

I have no idea what you are talking about but will forward your info to our site guy!

Thanks!

Wong Ying Home
07-02-2008, 10:47 AM
Ahhh I wondered what that script was when I shut down yesterday after visiting that promo site.

Jim Roselando
07-03-2008, 03:18 AM
Hello,

Read below:

"I assure you there is no script that reads your clip board. What you are seeing is an "anti-piracy" script that keeps you from copying the pages to your clipboard! Right click, copy, print, clipboard are all disabled on our site and those pages. Too many pirates out there who would steal our hard work." Be assured - the pages are completely safe and secure."

Thanks!

Eddie
07-03-2008, 05:40 AM
Perhaps so, but the script running does in fact read the content of your clip board. I recon the webmaster either did something wrong in setting it up, or is running the script in order to cross test his anti piracy script.
Problem is, that once you allow these scripts to run in the background, you have very little defense against actual scripts that were made to damage your pc.

While I will take your word for it, as you are a very well respected martial artist, that you have no ill intentions, I just think you need to re install your anti piracy software as it will prevent people from visiting this site. If your security settings are set to high (in your browser) you cant open the site at all. Not good for what you aim to achieve.

Jim Roselando
07-03-2008, 11:08 AM
Hello Eddie!

Many thanks for your input!

I know very very little about comuters and even less about web sites! I will send your info to my web guy to check out "again"!

Trust me! I have no idea what clip board is or what it does. I am just interested in sharing Kulo Side Body and other information!

Thanks again!

Eddie
07-04-2008, 12:03 AM
No problem, hope you can sort it out soon.
best regards

David Jamieson
07-04-2008, 05:35 AM
Jim-

If someone told you they could secure content on a website, they sold you a bill of goods. Let the copyright laws deal with any sort of plagiarism and keep in mind that people will steal what they want to steal and there is no such thing as 100% secure. If you do not want people to take your content, then the ONLY recourse is to not put that content there.

The scripts are junk and will hurt your visits, period.

Take it from a net guy.

Vajramusti
07-04-2008, 03:13 PM
My antispyware sweep catches things when I click on your links.
I am no tech guy.

Regards, Joy

Jim Roselando
07-05-2008, 03:49 AM
Hello all,

I have already posted all your replies to my partner!

I appreciate your input! Like I said, I am no computer guy or web guy, I will have my guy work on this!

Thanks again!

CFT
07-08-2008, 05:36 AM
If someone told you they could secure content on a website, they sold you a bill of goods. Let the copyright laws deal with any sort of plagiarism and keep in mind that people will steal what they want to steal and there is no such thing as 100% secure. If you do not want people to take your content, then the ONLY recourse is to not put that content there.Indeed! The fact that it will display on a computer monitor means that a determined plagiarist can just read it off the screen and type it up in a separate document. Sure it's not as handy but you still "lose" control of the information.