PDA

View Full Version : WC / CLF / SPM london

LSWCTN1
07-01-2008, 04:33 PM
i want to know people's opinions on good kung fu instructors of either wing chun, choi le fut, or southern praying mantis in London

why do you feel that these particular sifu's should be reccommended? do they provide top quality instruction, or do they they have a particularly fantastic lineage?

do you have personal experience of these instructors-or of the quality of their students

muchos gracias

Wong Ying Home
07-02-2008, 08:37 AM
A couple of people I highly reccomend in London for Southern Styles are :

Paul Whitrod Chow Gar
Dave Stevens Bak Mei

Jim Uglow Hung Gar

Joseph Lee Wing Chun

You can find them all easily by searching on the net. Hope that helps

HardWork8
07-02-2008, 11:47 AM
i want to know people's opinions on good kung fu instructors of either wing chun, choi le fut, or southern praying mantis in London

why do you feel that these particular sifu's should be reccommended? do they provide top quality instruction, or do they they have a particularly fantastic lineage?

do you have personal experience of these instructors-or of the quality of their students

muchas gracias

Sifu Yap Leong for Five Ancestor Fists.
He is very hightly recommended and his TRADITIONAL kung fu training is very combat orientated. He emphasises the nurturing of "softness" and "Listening" abilities and an understanding of the 5 elements and their relationship with combat.

www.shaolinway.com

Sifu Mark Leung for SPM. My WC kung fu brother who studies with him recommended him highly. The training is very internal and in time will bring out the viscious short range shock power that this style is known for. He teaches the direct approach where any attacker is disabled as soon as possible.
www.southernmantis.co.uk

Lu Jun Hai Shifu for Mizong or lost track Boxing (Northern Style of kung fu).
This is not an easy to find style of kung fu. It is a rich style and takes a relatively long time to make combat effective.
Sifu also teaches Yang Tai Chi.
From what I have heard all his teachings are combat oriented.
www.zhenwei.org

As far as Wing Chun is concerned, I am sure that you will already know about the Lee Shing branches in London and you can get more info here: Spencer Devine's www.yumyeurngacademy.co.uk
Spencer Devine, whom you may already know, is a member here, is a sifu of the Lee Shing Lineage and I believe he can provide relevant info for you if you so wish.

As far as the Yip Man lineage is concerned, I have heard good things about Victor Kan and Samuel Kwok, but I suppose it is best to go and have a look yourself.

Sorry, I don't know much about the Choy La Fut schools here in London.:)

unkokusai
07-02-2008, 02:08 PM
Sifu Yap Leong for Five Ancestor Fists.
He is very hightly recommended and his TRADITIONAL kung fu training is very combat orientated. )

That's great. What combat has he seen? Did he serve in Iraq or Afghanistan?

HardWork8
07-02-2008, 03:13 PM
That's great. What combat has he seen? Did he serve in Iraq or Afghanistan?
:rolleyes:

unkokusai
07-02-2008, 03:31 PM

That's great. Now answer the question.

HardWork8
07-02-2008, 03:42 PM
That's great. Now answer the question.

unkokusai
07-02-2008, 05:28 PM
You can't? That's what I thought.

HardWork8
07-02-2008, 05:49 PM
You can't? That's what I thought.

unkokusai
07-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Thanks for confirming that.

HardWork8
07-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Thanks for confirming that.

HardWork8
07-02-2008, 07:07 PM
Unkokusai,
Do you realize that you are hijacking this thread. You don't even practice kung fu and all you do is lurk in the forum looking for attention. Everyone has realized that you are just an attention seeking loser.

So go and discuss "kung fu" with your kickboxer friends cjurakpt,Ikfmdc and Sanjuro ronin. They all possess your level of below average intelligence and are happy pretending that they practice authentic kung fu , so you should all have a "fruitfull" discussion.

Get Lost Retard!

unkokusai
07-02-2008, 07:59 PM
Unkokusai,
Do you realize that you are hijacking this thread. !

You of all people dare to say that? Too funny!

But look, I told you that you have already used up your 'irony quota' trying to question anyone's intelligence, so don't overdo it.

HardWork8
07-02-2008, 08:17 PM
You of all people dare to say that? Too funny!

But look, I told you that you have already used up your 'irony quota' trying to question anyone's intelligence, so don't overdo it.

Get lost Retard!

unkokusai
07-02-2008, 08:36 PM
What did I tell you about using a disability that actual people really have to deal with as a punchline because you are too callous to care and too stupid to think of anything else to say? WHAT DID I TELL YOU, IDIOT?

HardWork8
07-02-2008, 08:41 PM
What did I tell you about using a disability that actual people really have to deal with as a punchline because you are too callous to care and too stupid to think of anything else to say? WHAT DID I TELL YOU, IDIOT?
What did I tell you about you being the punchline and nothing else? WHAT DID I TELL YOU?
Now get lost RETARD!

unkokusai
07-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Aren't you cool, the way you insist on making light at the expense of the disabled? That'll sure show everyone.

You are one disgraceful, shameless, callous D-bag alright.

lkfmdc
07-02-2008, 09:45 PM
HardWork8, still spreading lies, preaching racism, anti-semitism, and ****phobia. Why is he tolerated? I know the moderators warned him once, but now he's back. Too bad.....

HardWork8
07-03-2008, 04:24 AM
Aren't you cool, the way you insist on making light at the expense of the disabled? That'll sure show everyone.
I am cool the way I insist on exposing you as a social retard at YOUR own expense. Don't involve anyone else in what is going on here.

You are one disgraceful, shameless, callous D-bag alright.
He said looking at the mirror.:rolleyes:

HardWork8
07-03-2008, 04:25 AM
HardWork8, still spreading lies, preaching racism, anti-semitism, and ****phobia. Why is he tolerated? I know the moderators warned him once, but now he's back. Too bad.....

HardWork8
07-03-2008, 04:39 AM
On a serious note, I hope the moderators will take care of these two social retards(Unkokusai and Ikfmdc) who have done nothing but infest these forums with their lies, accusations, tasteless and even dangerous pranks on various threads.

It is sometimes fun to "beat" them senseless at their own game. However, after a while things get boring and these guys do derail threads.

Their forum "allies" cjurakpt and Sanjuro ronin have gone quite as far as ganging up on me is concerned and that is as soon as they had their fingers burnt, but these two seem to be suckers for punishment.

However, they don't realize that every time they play their stupid games, they end up derailing threads.

I hope the moderators will do something about these two cognitively challenged individuals.

unkokusai
07-03-2008, 05:59 AM
And now Basement Boy has been reduced to pathetically begging for help.

"Mommyrators, help me!"

Don't hold your breath, idiot. You are the source of all the trouble. STFU and stop being such a D-bag and all will be well.

HardWork8
07-03-2008, 06:19 AM
And now Basement Boy has been reduced to pathetically begging for help.

"Mommyrators, help me!"

Don't hold your breath, idiot. You are the source of all the trouble. STFU and stop being such a D-bag and all will be well.

unkokusai
07-03-2008, 06:36 AM
That's a start...

Laukarbo
07-03-2008, 06:38 AM
another interesting thread destroyed:cool:

HardWork8
07-03-2008, 07:03 AM

muchas gracias

Hello David,

Here is another interesting school that I found recently.Again they don't teach the styles you asked for but may well be worth a look.

I don't know much about this school but I may just go and have a look and see it for myself before I leave London for good.

It is called Yan Huang martial arts college. They teach various internal styles of kung fu including "Shaolin", Xing Yi Quan and Ba Gua.

www.yanhuang.co.uk

lkfmdc
07-03-2008, 07:04 AM

Real simple, if they had gotten rid of HardWork8 (aka "STUPID") at the beginning, he wouldn't be infesting the forums would he?

HardWork8
07-03-2008, 07:24 AM
Real simple, if they had gotten rid of HardWork8 (aka "STUPID") at the beginning, he wouldn't be infesting the forums would he?

LSWCTN1
07-03-2008, 07:25 AM

my sentiments exactly

If you want to bash each other then fine, but please don’t hijack my post(s)! It will avoid all the excitement when i see 27 new posts, & the disappointment when i see that 24 of them are you lot bickering

Although on this post HardWork8 was genuinely trying to help and everyone else was picking him apart (as is the same on my wing chun post)

What i have now done for you all is set up a different thread so you can all argue away without getting me excited about my new posts

HardWork8 – thanks for the input
Unkokusai, lkfmdc - Do you know of anybody you consider better teachers of these arts in the London area? this is NOT meant inflamatory, just a genuine question

lkfmdc
07-03-2008, 07:26 AM
I have to leave London for good. They ordered me out for being a complete tool and an embarassment to the entire population

I am glad to see that the UK's new "don't be an idiot" law passed and is being applied to its first case

lkfmdc
07-03-2008, 07:30 AM
Real simple,

HardWork8 is the worst kind of kung fu wannabe, living in a fantasy land, uttering crap out of a c level kung fu movie

Asking for, or taking his advice, is like asking a 4 year old the best way to tackle your organic chemistry course

He utters every cliche in the book, it's impossible to take him the least seriously, and he tries to act "tough" from behind a keyboard. IE he invites, no, he DEMANDS the sort of attacks that are directed at him. Like every other troll on here, the sooner he is gone the better

(watch him just roll his eyes like the idiot he is)

sanjuro_ronin
07-03-2008, 07:34 AM
LSWCTN1,

Sifu Paul Whitrod's SPM (Chow Gar) is top level, you also have the opportunity to purchase some of his videos beforehand, if you like, to get an idea of what he does and how he does it.
He is an admirable person, honourable and will help you in your quest even if you decide that SPM may not be for you.

unkokusai
07-03-2008, 07:42 AM
Unkokusai, lkfmdc - Do you know of anybody you consider better teachers of these arts in the London area? this is NOT meant inflamatory, just a genuine question

I do not, and I will not just google a few names like HW8 and give the great advice to 'go check them out.'

Good luck on finding a good place to train.

HardWork8
07-03-2008, 07:47 AM
I do not, and I will not just google a few names like HW8 and give the great advice to 'go check them out.'

Good luck on finding a good place to train.

lkfmdc
07-03-2008, 07:50 AM
ONCE AGAIN, Hardwork8, you claimed your sifu had DOCUMENTED wins in challenge matches, then, when questioned, since your stories sound and smell like ****, you just run away and never deal with the question

In fact, you've been asked a lot of questions, NONE of which you have been able to answer....

FACE IT, you are a pathetic wannabe..... suicide, it's still an option

unkokusai
07-03-2008, 07:51 AM
Real simple,

HardWork8 is the worst kind of kung fu wannabe, living in a fantasy land, uttering crap out of a c level kung fu movie

Asking for, or taking his advice, is like asking a 4 year old the best way to tackle your organic chemistry course

He utters every cliche in the book, it's impossible to take him the least seriously, and he tries to act "tough" from behind a keyboard. IE he invites, no, he DEMANDS the sort of attacks that are directed at him. Like every other troll on here, the sooner he is gone the better

(watch him just roll his eyes like the idiot he is)

Only too true!

HardWork8
07-03-2008, 07:52 AM
ONCE AGAIN, Hardwork8, you claimed your sifu had DOCUMENTED wins in challenge matches, then, when questioned, since your stories sound and smell like ****, you just run away and never deal with the question

In fact, you've been asked a lot of questions, NONE of which you have been able to answer....

FACE IT, you are a pathetic wannabe..... suicide, it's still an option

unkokusai
07-03-2008, 07:54 AM

Just like your 'expert' advice to the guy who wanted to train in HK: "Duh, I know! Why not google?"

Nice work, Kungfu master.

HardWork8
07-03-2008, 08:14 AM
David,
Now you see the social vermin that these boards attract on a regular basis.

Going back to the topic. As far as SPM is concerned, I would still recommend you to check out the school that I first mentioned to you. As I stated, my Siu Lam WC kung fu brother trains there and he recommended it as something very special.By the way, he was at the seminar, so you may or may not know him.

This school is a branch of the Southern Mantis Martial Arts Association and their headquarters is in Hong Kong. Furthermore, they don't claim expertise in half a dozen other arts. :)

unkokusai
07-03-2008, 08:29 AM
Furthermore, they don't claim expertise in half a dozen other arts.

You see, Basement Boy? That is why you will continue to draw a ****-storm to every thread you post on. You just can't control yourself.

If you really want to help keep a thread positive you will stay away from it until you decide to stop being a D-bag (if that is even possible).

lkfmdc
07-03-2008, 08:32 AM
So answer the questions then

1. Who is your sifu?

2. Why is there NO EVIDENCE of the claims you made RE them?

3. What is the other style you practice?

4. Why is there no footage of your "secret ground fighting"

5. Have you ever tested your "secret ground fighting" on people who actually know how to grapple?

Watch, he won't deal with these direct questions at all

TOTAL IDIOT

HardWork8
07-03-2008, 08:38 AM
So answer the questions then

1. Who is your sifu?

5. Have you ever tested your "secret ground fighting" on people who actually know how to grapple?

TOTAL IDIOT

lkfmdc
07-03-2008, 08:41 AM
There we go, ONCE AGAIN, proving the point

You refuse to answer any direct questions because you are a LIAR, you are completely full of ****

I am going to continue to post those questions everytime and everywhere you post, so the entire forum will see you are nothing, and I mean you are NOTHING

sanjuro_ronin
07-03-2008, 08:44 AM
FYI:
http://www.chowgarsouthernmantis.com/paulwhitrod.php

unkokusai
07-03-2008, 08:46 AM
100% accurate.

Those are not questions that require revealing personal information. He is just plain full of sh!t.

HardWork8
07-03-2008, 09:01 AM
There we go, ONCE AGAIN, proving the point

You refuse to answer any direct questions because you are a LIAR, you are completely full of ****

I am going to continue to post those questions everytime and everywhere you post, so the entire forum will see you are nothing, and I mean you are NOTHING

lkfmdc
07-03-2008, 09:02 AM
So answer the questions then HardWork8

1. Who is your sifu?

What sort of person won't say who their teacher is or what they practice?

Who makes claims that their teacher is famous and has DOCUMENTED fights then refuses to back up the claim?

Easy answer, A TOTAL IDIOT

that total idiot's name is HardWork8

HardWork8
07-03-2008, 09:03 AM
100% accurate.

Those are not questions that require revealing personal information. He is just plain full of sh!t.

There happen to be people here in the forums who know the name of my sifu and have met him.
By the way, they practice kung fu.:eek:

lkfmdc
07-03-2008, 09:04 AM
So answer the questions then HardWork8

1. Who is your sifu?

Who makes claims that their teacher is famous and has DOCUMENTED fights then refuses to back up the claim?

HardWork8
07-03-2008, 09:07 AM
Why don't you all take whatever problems that you have with me to the thread that LSWCTN1 started. This way your rantings won't disturb other posters who have nothing to do with your complexes.

I promise to give you the attention that you deserve in the other thread as well.

lkfmdc
07-03-2008, 09:17 AM

HardWork8
07-03-2008, 09:37 AM
It is becoming more and more apparent that these trolls get off on destroying threads and in this case they are using me as an excuse to do so. If anyone has problems with me then take it to the other thread started by LSWCTN1 and I will deal with you as appropriate.

STOP DESTROYING OTHER PEOPLE'S THREADS!

lkfmdc
07-03-2008, 09:42 AM
It is becoming more and more apparent that you are a troll who is a LIAR and full of ****

You've been hit with direct questions, questions ANYONE would immediately answer here, but you REFUSE

How are you going to "deal" with us? :rolleyes: By refusing to answer us? LMFAO

DUDE YOU ARE A PATHETIC PETTY LITTLE NOTHING

ANSWER THE QUESTIONS!

GO ON, ANSWER THEM

unkokusai
07-03-2008, 10:19 AM
There happen to be people here in the forums who know the name of my sifu and have met him.

Great, so you shouldn't mind repeating it. Although, I think questions 2 - 5 are even more interesting, to be honest.

lkfmdc
07-03-2008, 11:08 AM
His refusal to answer makes the answers self evident

1. His teacher is some loser who made some fake stuff up

2. his teacher can't punch his way out of a wet paper bag and has never had a fight in his life

3. his fake, made up, chop socky crap is the only martial art he has ever studied, which is why he believes in these fairy tales

4. Their "ground fighitng" is yet another hide your head in the sand TCMA ploy, yet another way for his fraud teacher to steal more money from unsuspecting iditos like HardWork8

5. Since what they do is utter crap, and they are afraid of their own shadows, they never leave their basement out of fear of the light of day

Normski
07-03-2008, 11:49 AM
GOOD EVENING,

Please forgive me ,but I did a geniune question like where to learn Kung Fu in
London ,end up in a complete free for all brawl????????????????????

your with highest regards

NORMSKI..................????????????

sanjuro_ronin
07-03-2008, 11:51 AM
GOOD EVENING,

Please forgive me ,but I did a geniune question like where to learn Kung Fu in
London ,end up in a complete free for all brawl????????????????????

your with highest regards

NORMSKI..................????????????

Our chi is to great for forums !!
Still, the answers are in here...somewhere...

In regards to SPM - Paul Whitrod.

By the way, it wasn't YOUR question, so why did you say "...I did a geniune question like..." ?

Normski
07-03-2008, 11:52 AM
SORRY

I meant to say "how did an innocent question end up as a free for brawl?

NORMSKI...............

sanjuro_ronin
07-03-2008, 11:53 AM
SORRY

NORMSKI...............

Ah, understood.

HardWork8
07-03-2008, 06:07 PM
SORRY

NORMSKI...............

To answer your question.

....Because the moderators don't ban loser idiots who who like to play tough guys sitting behind their keyboards.;)

By the way, check out my comments relating to the actual subject of this thread on the first page. As far as SPM is concerned, then my money is on Sifu Mark Leung and the Souther Mantis Martial Arts Association.

This is an authentic kung fu school with no razmatazz and they don't pretend to teach a dozen styles of MA.
Their headquarters in Hong Kong. www.southernmantis.co.uk

That is if you are interested.:)

Dale Dugas
07-03-2008, 06:29 PM
This is the same t o o l bag who thought he could commandeer an Iron Palm thread with his rather lame attempts to prove he had a method where you hit your hand hard against things and used no medicine and no form of Qigong.

Nice to see you back t o o lbag.

unkokusai
07-03-2008, 06:37 PM
To answer your question.

....Because the moderators don't ban loser idiots who who like to play tough guys sitting behind their keyboards.

Yeah, we noticed that you are still here, Basement Boy.

cjurakpt
07-03-2008, 06:38 PM
This is the same t o o l bag who thought he could commandeer an Iron Palm thread with his rather lame attempts to prove he had a method where you hit your hand hard against things and used no medicine and no form of Qigong.

despite all his ranting about knowing "real / traditional" kung fu, this guy's understanding of qigong is amateurish at best; no notion about coordination of breath and body movement; no clue about Siu / Dai Jow Tiin (Micro / Macro Orbits); also thinks that you can't discuss / explain "internal" from a contemporary anatomical / physiological perspective because "real / traditional" kung fu is so far beyond the capacity of most mere mortals :rolleyes:; his m.o. is to say you don't study something "real", accuses one of d1ck-waving when one provides evidence to the contrary (e.g. - substantiable credentials), and then simply flips it to "well, you must have learned it wrong or incompletely"; classic kool-aide drinker behavior; I recommend a healthy dose of "ignore" when it comes to kung-fu zombie-boy

HardWork8
07-03-2008, 07:29 PM

Will you be kind enough to direct us to the relevant link?

By the way, who are you referring to?:confused:

HardWork8
07-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Yeah, we noticed that you are still here, Basement Boy.

That is because you weren't banned Retard!

unkokusai
07-03-2008, 08:25 PM
That is because you weren't banned Retard!

Stop that. The mentally retarded do not exist for you to use as a joke or a put-down. STOP THAT.

HardWork8
07-03-2008, 09:00 PM
David,
Actually your question has got me wondering about Choy Lee Fut in London. Since I have been here (past 4 years), I have looked into many different kung fu schools but I don't recall coming across any school practicing this style.

I never regarded CLF as a rare style. Surely Chow Gar and Five Ancestor Fist are rarer? However there seem to be quite a few schools practicing them in London.

Please let me know if you know of any schools or if you come across one that practices this style in London as I would like to go and take a closer look and familiarize myself with this system.:)

lkfmdc
07-04-2008, 07:22 AM
....Because the moderators don't ban loser idiots who who like to play tough guys sitting behind their keyboards.;)

Yes, YOU are still here.

YOU are the one who refuses to even identify what he studies and with whom.

IE YOU are the TROLL and the LIAR

Ignoring the questions aren't going to make them go away

1. Who is your sifu?

Every time you try and duck these questions, the entire forum sees you for the TROLL and LIAR you are

HardWork8
07-04-2008, 08:44 AM
David,

I have looked around and found the following Choy Li Fat link. I have no idea about the quality of instruction but I believe that it is worth a look.

http://pages.123-reg.co.uk/hungsingma-873755/home/index.html

unkokusai
07-04-2008, 10:26 AM
The great kungfu master has googled again! What amazing kungfu! What sage advice!

sanjuro_ronin
07-04-2008, 10:55 AM
The great kungfu master has googled again! What amazing kungfu! What sage advice!

One can't compete with such SAGE advice, LOL.

London WC:
http://www.austingoh.com/classes.html

LoneTiger108
07-04-2008, 02:16 PM
HardWork8, still spreading lies...

In answer to Davids question...

... As far as Wing Chun is concerned, I am sure that you will already know about the Lee Shing branches in London and you can get more info here: Spencer Devine's www.yumyeurngacademy.co.uk
Spencer Devine, whom you may already know, is a member here, is a sifu of the Lee Shing Lineage and I believe he can provide relevant info for you if you so wish.

Well, I have to say this is true. :eek:

Call me stupid, but I didn't realize ANYONE was talking about me over here!

LoneTiger108
07-04-2008, 02:24 PM
David,
Actually your question has got me wondering about Choy Lee Fut in London. Since I have been here (past 4 years), I have looked into many different kung fu schools but I don't recall coming across any school practicing this style.

FWIW London isn't the centre of the Martial Universe!

Some people are only known from association. Choy Lee Fut is definately in the UK but even I have only ever met one Sifu who is British (so far!) Couldn't tell you if he was a Londoner or not, but he knew his fists imo

For David, as always I'll try to help you. I'll drop you some info.

HW8, I can't really see at the moment why everyone hates you so much as I've never read anything on Bullshido. Met a cartoonist once who presented me a card with Bullshido all over it but never followed it up.

Are you really THAT crazy? :confused:

Steeeve
07-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Thats better fit here

For david and CIE

Sawasdee Krub

Thats its not from me but .....just add the (kung fu)

Training: Tigers and Sheep

Sometimes karate,(kung fu) training can be called training as a tiger or training as a sheep.
If you train as a tiger -- hard training and body conditioning -- you can always train with tigers. Other tigers will also recognize you and you can train in peace with them. They know that when two tigers really
fight that one will die of injuries today and the other will die of injuries tomorrow. Both will die, so they have nothing to prove.

If you train like a sheep -- no contact and no two-man conditioning -- then you can only train with sheep.
A tiger can train with tigers and he can also train with sheep. He just has to be careful not to hurt them. A sheep cannot train with tigers.
Sheep see tigers as being very frightening and their conditioning, he says, will cause cancer.
A sheep training with tigers will get eaten up.

Sometimes you see a sheep who sees the truth of tiger training and changes. In reality this sheep was actually a tiger in sheep's clothing waiting to come out.

Watch people training. Look at how they act and how they behave.
A tiger can be like a little kitty but dangerous even though he is friendly. They are quiet and watch everything. They listen and watch. They know who they
are and they have nothing to prove -- they are at peace.

Sheep, on the other hand, make all kinds of noises and demand to be heard.
They run around and seem to crave attention. They are easily hurt and easily scared. They always group together for their own protection. When danger
approaches they look towards the group for protection because they cannot defend themselves. They are easy prey for tigers -- whether it is one sheep or several, sheep are still sheep.

-- Ryuko Tomoyose, Uechi-ryu

LoneTiger108
07-04-2008, 02:26 PM

What advice would you give to anyone researching quality WC/CLF/SPM?

Forget about London, and the UK for a moment.

Who do you know? ;)

LoneTiger108
07-04-2008, 02:34 PM
Sometimes karate,(kung fu) training can be called training as a tiger or training as a sheep...

... Sometimes you see a sheep who sees the truth of tiger training and changes. In reality this sheep was actually a tiger in sheep's clothing waiting to come out.

Watch people training. Look at how they act and how they behave.
A tiger can be like a little kitty but dangerous even though he is friendly. They are quiet and watch everything. They listen and watch. They know who they
are and they have nothing to prove -- they are at peace....

-- Ryuko Tomoyose, Uechi-ryu

That's some heavy stuff right there.

Now replace 'sheep' with 'crane' and another conversation begins ;)

LSWCTN1
07-04-2008, 04:50 PM
What advice would you give to anyone researching quality WC/CLF/SPM?

Forget about London, and the UK for a moment.

Who do you know? ;)

thankyou spencer for rescuing me! lol!

this is riduculous. wtf is going on with these forums, i have read the claims on bullshido. SO WHAT?

i dont know of the truth of thee challenge matches, but i do know that his sifu seems more than capable of handling himself! even if he wasnt, does that mean automatically that he cannot impart good kungfu?

this was not a thread for an argument. so please stop it. if you want to argue then do go to the 1 i set up for you!

in relation to hand conditioning. of course it can be done without jow and without striking with chi. it may take a lot longer to acheive the ame results - but it can be done!

thankyou for the input, Paul Whiterod does seem to get the thumbs up from many people! my current style is Wing Chun, but i have seldom got the opportunity to train at present, and i feel like im missing a part of me!

Spencer has a deep understanding of wc and he is a very kind man, for the way he offors no obligation advice. it would be a privelage to train with him

any way. theres another thread for all you eejits that cant get on...

HardWork8
07-04-2008, 07:48 PM

Some people are only known from association. Choy Lee Fut is definately in the UK but even I have only ever met one Sifu who is British (so far!) Couldn't tell you if he was a Londoner or not, but he knew his fists imo

HW8, I can't really see at the moment why everyone hates you so much as I've never read anything on Bullshido. Met a cartoonist once who presented me a card with Bullshido all over it but never followed it up.

Not really, it seems that some of the same knuckleheads who wouldn't know traditional kung fu if it fell on them, lurk in the 2 forums.

Every time they see someone going against the modern trend in cross training, they gang up on him.

Most of these guys are prankesters who are more interested in a cheap laugh then serious discussion on kung fu.

HardWork8
07-04-2008, 07:53 PM

By the way Spencer, if you find a CLF school in London I would be grateful if you would also PM me the details.. I would like to have a look at a class of this particular style.

unkokusai
07-04-2008, 09:10 PM
the same knuckleheads who wouldn't know traditional kung fu if it fell on them.

That's interesting. Who would that be and how are you qualified to make that judgement?

HardWork8
07-04-2008, 09:36 PM
In answer to Davids question...

Well, I have to say this is true. :eek:

THANK YOU Spencer. :)

PS. The details of the other sifus and their links are true too.

HardWork8
07-04-2008, 10:05 PM
this is riduculous. wtf is going on with these forums, i have read the claims on bullshido. SO WHAT?
You read it and saw it for what it was and that is because you have a normal attention span and were not influenced before hand by liars who were trying to mislead you(and everyone else).

That is, your perception of what you read was not influenced by the misinformation spewed out before hand here and nor by the crap written in the particular thread in question. :)

i dont know of the truth of thee challenge matches, but i do know that his sifu seems more than capable of handling himself!
You know that because you have an enquiring and open mind which took you to his seminar.

even if he wasnt, does that mean automatically that he cannot impart good kungfu?
Good point.

this was not a thread for an argument. so please stop it. if you want to argue then do go to the 1 i set up for you!

I am going to ingnore anything these people say in this thread. If they have a problem with me then they can take to the appropriate thread that you set up.

I believe that if people haven't seen through Ikfmdc, cjurakpt's,Sanjuro_ronin and Unkokusai's game up to now, then they will soon.

in relation to hand conditioning. of course it can be done without jow and without striking with chi. it may take a lot longer to acheive the ame results - but it can be done!

Of course it can be done. However, in our system we use Dit da jow in Iron Palm training. Actually some IP is looked at as a form of qi gong exercises.

I don't recall having attempted to "commandeer" an Iron Palm thread claiming that fact. That is why I asked DALE DUGAS to provide the link where I have made such statements. AND I AM STILL WAITING!

thankyou for the input, Paul Whiterod does seem to get the thumbs up from many people! my current style is Wing Chun, but i have seldom got the opportunity to train at present, and i feel like im missing a part of me!

I really hope that you find an authentic kung fu school soon.:)

Spencer has a deep understanding of wc and he is a very kind man, for the way he offors no obligation advice. it would be a privelage to train with him

I heard good things about him from my kung fu brother who met him at SENI and in my sifu's seminar. He is both knowledgable and openminded.:)

I hope that they are all reading this.

SoCo KungFu
07-05-2008, 11:53 AM
By the way Spencer, if you find a CLF school in London I would be grateful if you would also PM me the details.. I would like to have a look at a class of this particular style.

Don't you know CLF is the product of a joining of different systems of kung fu? You aren't allowed to go to CLF, you don't agree with crosstraining and as such to even walk in the door would make you a hypocrit...which I suppose is still better than a flaming ignorant jack@$$

cjurakpt
07-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Don't you know CLF is the product of a joining of different systems of kung fu? You aren't allowed to go to CLF, you don't agree with crosstraining and as such to even walk in the door would make you a hypocrit...which I suppose is still better than a flaming ignorant jack@$$

LOL - pwned!

yes, CLF is one of those "traditional" HYBRID styles: meaning that the originator (Chan Heung) took 3 styles and combined them because he thought each one had aspects that the others were lacking! boy, what a hack cross-trainer he was - to not have studied any one of the three deeply enough to figure out that each one had the answers everything! it makes him almost as bad as my late sifu Chan Tai San, who not only studied CLF, a hack system to being with, but complimented it with (gasp!), Lama, Bok Mei, Hung Kyuhn and Mok Ga! what a cross-training moron he was! and to add insult to injury, now his senior disciples have gone on to evolve what he taught to address various contemporary needs, such as pro fighting and ground work; oh the HORROR!!!

it's too bad no one ever studied wing chun (although we frequently abused several students thereof, but that's as may be...)

HardWork8
07-05-2008, 09:06 PM

Many kung fu styles are a result of cross training. See, you have learnt something new today.

The issue I have with cross training has more to do with doing it in IRRELEVANT ARTS and/or WITHOUT HAVING MASTERED OR AT LEAST GAINED A WORKING/ADVANCED KNOWLEDGE OF YOUR CORE STYLE!

Now don't be bad boy and derail this thread.

I WON'T BE PROVOKED IN HELPING YOU AND YOUR KICKBOXER FRIENDS IN DERAILING THIS THREAD. I AM NOT ANSWERING ANY MORE IRRELEVANT QUESTIONS HERE.

If you have any other knucklehead issues with me, then please be considerate enough to take them to the other thread,( where you have already posted recently so you know where it is!!!). It was specially designed for me to deal with you and your knucklehead buddies regarding their personal complexes.

Thank you!

SoCo KungFu
07-05-2008, 09:19 PM
Many kung fu styles are a result of cross training. See, you have learnt something new today.

The issue I have with cross training has more to do with doing it in IRRELEVANT ARTS and/or WITHOUT HAVING MASTERED OR AT LEAST GAINED A WORKING/ADVANCED KNOWLEDGE OF YOUR CORE STYLE!

Now don't be bad boy and derail this thread.

I WON'T BE PROVOKED IN HELPING YOU AND YOUR KICKBOXER FRIENDS IN DERAILING THIS THREAD. I AM NOT ANSWERING ANY MORE IRRELEVANT QUESTIONS HERE.

If you have any other knucklehead issues with me, then please be considerate enough to take them to the other thread,( where you have already posted recently so you know where it is!!!). It was specially designed for me to deal with you and your knucklehead buddies regarding their personal complexes.

Thank you!

And please do tell again how exactly you are qualified to make any such judgements...what with your total 3 years of supervised training.....

HardWork8
07-05-2008, 09:33 PM
And please do tell again how exactly you are qualified to make any such judgements...what with your total 3 years of supervised training.....

Ok here I will tell you. If you have any other queries that have nothing to do with this thread take it to the other thread.

Now for the last time: I have had 3.5 years of supervised training under my sifu in brasil. My supervised training has continued here in london but in another style of traditional kung fu while I still practice Wing Chun on my own and with sifu when we meet up when one of us is travelling to the other's location. That comes to 7.5 years (+) of training under good sifus.

Now try and make a comment relevant to this thread or take it to the other one.

Thank you.

SoCo KungFu
07-05-2008, 09:39 PM
Ok here I will tell you. If you have any other queries that have nothing to do with this thread take it to the other thread.

Now for the last time: I have had 3.5 years of supervised training under my sifu in brasil. My supervised training has continued here in london but in another style of traditional kung fu while I still practice Wing Chun on my own and with sifu when we meet up when one of us is travelling to the other's location. That comes to 7.5 years (+) of training under good sifus.

Now try and make a comment relevant to this thread or take it to the other one.

Thank you.

No it gives you 3.5 and 4 years in seperate systems. So how exactly have as you put it, "MASTERED OR AT LEAST GAINED A WORKING/ADVANCED KNOWLEDGE OF YOUR CORE STYLE?"

Come on numbnuts. Either your're a hypocrit or a douche. What's it gonna be?

HardWork8
07-05-2008, 09:51 PM
No it gives you 3.5 and 4 years in seperate systems. So how exactly have as you put it, "MASTERED OR AT LEAST GAINED A WORKING/ADVANCED KNOWLEDGE OF YOUR CORE STYLE?"

Come on numbnuts. Either your're a hypocrit or a douche. What's it gonna be?

3.5 years of intensive training under a good sifu is more than enough to give you working knowledge in WC. If you didn't know that then you need to start searching for your own working knowledge.

Now please take your posts to the other thread. I asked you before and I have been patient and considerate to answer your stupid questions.

SoCo KungFu
07-05-2008, 09:52 PM
3.5 years of intensive training under a good sifu is more than enough to give you working knowledge in WC. If you didn't know that then you need to start searching for your own working knowledge.

Now please take your posts to the other thread. I asked you before and I have been patient and considerate to answer your stupid questions.

Good so then we agree that pretty much everyone here has more "working knowledge" than you...awesome....now take a hike

HardWork8
07-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Good so then we agree that pretty much everyone here has more "working knowledge" than you...awesome....now take a hike

It is the quality of training and not the quantity. Now you take a hike as sooner or later you will start with your untasteful jokes about "Chi Faarts", just like you did in the other thread some months back, Mr So Co"kung fu forms are outdated".

I am telling you again. Take it to the other thread!

SoCo KungFu
07-05-2008, 10:34 PM
It is the quality of training and not the quantity. Now you take a hike as sooner or later you will start with your untasteful jokes about "Chi Faarts", just like you did in the other thread some months back, Mr So Co"kung fu forms are outdated".

I am telling you again. Take it to the other thread!

So pretty much everyone here either has not enough time in too understand their kung fu...but everyone here has trained longer than you so now its...well their sifu sucked huh? You really are trash amongst trash. You're worse than a four year old throwing a fit that he couldn't get the latest and greatest Action Man from Walmart. Please just go jump in front of the tram or bus or whatever the hell you have in London.

HardWork8
07-05-2008, 10:52 PM
So pretty much everyone here either has not enough time in too understand their kung fu...but everyone here has trained longer than you so now its...well their sifu sucked huh? You really are trash amongst trash. You're worse than a four year old throwing a fit that he couldn't get the latest and greatest Action Man from Walmart. Please just go jump in front of the tram or bus or whatever the hell you have in London.

There are some people here who study/teach authentic kung fu. You and your kickboxer colleagues are not among them. By the way, just in case you didn't know, which you didn't, over 90% of kung fu schools are Mcdojo/kwoons. Food for thought!

Now will you be kind enough to take this to the other thread where you are already discussing another one of your complexes. I am sure that those who are interested will follow us there.

HardWork8
07-05-2008, 10:54 PM
Going back to the topic:

Spencer,

I hope that you are having a good weekend. I hope that you haven't forgotten to send me info on any CLF schools in London. I would really like to have a look at one before I leave London.:)

SoCo KungFu
07-05-2008, 11:01 PM
There are some people here who study/teach authentic kung fu.

Who? Like the other brainwashed koolaid drinking idiots that can't get past the coolness of their spiky little kung fu gauntlets to go out and cross hands with some people who actually train because it could blow their fragile little minds of the reality of human conflict. It could alter their perceptions of their kung fu and the image of their sifu who they follow around like some helpless dog begging for food? You mean those guys? Oh wait, your pretty much alone out here aren't you...

You are man in the middle of the ocean and your raft has a leak....I'd suggest you wise up and do something about it there daisycakes....

unkokusai
07-05-2008, 11:14 PM
My supervised training has continued here in london but in another style of traditional kung fu .

Ok, what is it?

unkokusai
07-05-2008, 11:21 PM
Ok here I will tell you. I still practice Wing Chun on my own alone in the basement and with sifu when and if he ever forgives me for dragging him through the mud and generally being a lying, fraudulent psycho.

That is mighty impressive!

unkokusai
07-05-2008, 11:24 PM
It is the quality of training and not the quantity.

LOL!!!

Oh here we go! LOL!

Totally shameless!!!!!!!

SoCo KungFu
07-05-2008, 11:24 PM
By the way, just in case you didn't know, which you didn't, over 90% of kung fu schools are Mcdojo/kwoons. Food for thought!

Indeed it is...By the way, just in case you didn't know. You are part of that overwhelming 90%

Normski
07-06-2008, 06:55 AM
Hi and greetings,

In between all the back -biting and "handbags at dawn" London like America
is rich with traditional kung fu,if you ever get a chance, Shigong Kim Han train in
London as is highly respected world wide
He ails from the Chee Kim Thong school of Wuzuquan and at one time was
the British Wushu Coach............

your with highest respect

NORMSKI

HardWork8
07-06-2008, 07:21 AM
Hi and greetings,

In between all the back -biting and "handbags at dawn" London like America
is rich with traditional kung fu,if you ever get a chance, Shigong Kim Han train in
London as is highly respected world wide
He ails from the Chee Kim Thong school of Wuzuquan and at one time was
the British Wushu Coach............

your with highest respect

NORMSKI

That is the same lineage of sifu Yap Leong, which I mentioned earlier. :)

LoneTiger108
07-06-2008, 09:47 AM
Spencer,

I hope that you are having a good weekend. I hope that you haven't forgotten to send me info on any CLF schools in London. I would really like to have a look at one before I leave London.:)

The CLF Sifu I mentioned earlier is a gent called Dave Hawkins. I worked with him once as a Judge at one of the Traditional BCCMA Nationals and he was a great character (along with Ian Armstrong and Jim Uglow)

His CLF forms were probably some of the most impressive I'd seen, especially the stick plays, but as I've also mentioned I haven't seen THAT much CLF in the UK. He IS in London though! Check him out here http://www.choyleefut.co.uk/

HardWork8
07-06-2008, 12:11 PM
The CLF Sifu I mentioned earlier is a gent called Dave Hawkins. I worked with him once as a Judge at one of the Traditional BCCMA Nationals and he was a great character (along with Ian Armstrong and Jim Uglow)

His CLF forms were probably some of the most impressive I'd seen, especially the stick plays, but as I've also mentioned I haven't seen THAT much CLF in the UK. He IS in London though! Check him out here http://www.choyleefut.co.uk/

Thanks for that Spencer. Their location is still too far from me but I will still see if I can make it to their school.

Thanks.:)

Mano Mano
07-06-2008, 12:32 PM

His CLF forms were probably some of the most impressive I'd seen, especially the stick plays, but as I've also mentioned I haven't seen THAT much CLF in the UK. He IS in London though! Check him out here http://www.choyleefut.co.uk/ Dave Hawkins is a student of CLF sifu Edmund Ng. Dave is based in Leicester (http://www.choyleefut.co.uk/) & sifu Ng is based in Newcastle Upon Tyne. (http://www.choileefut.co.uk)

sanjuro_ronin
07-07-2008, 04:59 AM

Paul is the man if you want Chow Gar mantis, though that kind of Mantis may not be everyone's cup-of-tea.
He is pretty much senior to anyone else doing Chow Gar Mantis.
There are other Mantis branches in the UK too, but, like real estate, its a question of location.

Steeeve
07-07-2008, 02:36 PM
in fact its Sifu Paul Whitrop not whiterod .....too much XXX movies guys ...:cool:
just my two cents here ....

Steeve

custom156
07-08-2008, 07:17 AM
Err, actually its Paul Whitrod :-)