PDA

View Full Version : Lama Kungfu Seminar in Illinois

Shaolindynasty
07-03-2008, 02:54 PM
Seminar
Tibetan Lama Kungfu
Lohan Kuen

Lohan Kuen (Buddhist Saint Fist) is a fundamental form in the Tibetan Lama style of Kung Fu. Noted for it’s devastating swinging strikes, The Tibetan Kung Fu style has been favored by Chinas full contact warriors for centuries. One famous warrior, Wong Yen Lum, once erected a platform where he faced over 150 challengers and defeated them all. Lohan Kuen focuses on the core fighting strategies of the Lama Kung Fu system, cruelty, evasion, penetration and interception. Seminar participants will learn the core concepts, combat applications and the complete Lohan Kuen form.

Sifu Chris Childs
Chris Childs is a 6th generation practitioner and certified instructor of Choy Lay Fut Kung fu. Chris has been involved with the Chinese martial arts for over 10 years. In addition to Choy Lay Fut, Chris has also been certified to teach Shaolin Kung fu and Taoist White Crane Qigong. He has also studied the arts of Capoeria, Muay Thai, Karate and Tai Chi Chuan. Sifu Chris Childs now devotes his time to spreading the art of Choy Lay Fut Kung fu. He was recently featured in the July/August 2008 Issue of Kungfu Taichi Magazine.

Date: 7/26/08
Time: 1pm
665c N. 5th Ave.
Kankakee, IL 60901
1-815-549-6323
Price: $60

www.HungSingChoyLayFut.com

lkfmdc
07-03-2008, 03:03 PM
Sifu Chris Childs
Chris Childs is a 6th generation practitioner and certified instructor of Choy Lay Fut Kung fu. Chris has been involved with the Chinese martial arts for over 10 years. In addition to Choy Lay Fut, Chris has also been certified to teach Shaolin Kung fu and Taoist White Crane Qigong. He has also studied the arts of Capoeria, Muay Thai, Karate and Tai Chi Chuan. Sifu Chris Childs now devotes his time to spreading the art of Choy Lay Fut Kung fu. He was recently featured in the July/August 2008 Issue of Kungfu Taichi Magazine.

OK, but isn't this a Lama seminar? :confused:

cjurakpt
07-03-2008, 03:13 PM
OK, but isn't this a Lama seminar? :confused:

what's the lineage?

lkfmdc
07-03-2008, 03:16 PM
what's the lineage?

Well, that's why I read the bio, but the BIO only mentions CLF? :confused:

cjurakpt
07-03-2008, 03:25 PM
Well, that's why I read the bio, but the BIO only mentions CLF? :confused:

exactly - I thought being hip to all things lama-ish, you would know the source

Shaolindynasty
07-03-2008, 04:04 PM
He practiced both Choy Lay Fut under chan koon pak and lama under Jing Han who resided in the Nam Fook Temple located in Ho Nam

His bio is here http://www.hungsingchoylayfut.com/desktop_020.htm

sections of the Lohan form can be seen in the Ng Family Demo reel here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KDTK7HhDgU

All the students at the Ng Family Chinese Martial arts association who study choy lay fut also study some lama. It's mixed into the choy lay fut curriculum

Lama Pai Sifu
07-03-2008, 04:09 PM
All the students at the Ng Family Chinese Martial arts association who study choy lay fut also study some lama. It's mixed into the choy lay fut curriculum

Werd! :):):)

Shaolindynasty
07-03-2008, 04:11 PM
werd:D:D:D

cjurakpt
07-03-2008, 04:15 PM

seem to recall hearing about that sort of thing somewhere else...

Shaolindynasty
07-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Yeah, I heard that somewhere before also?:confused:

cjurakpt
07-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Yeah, I heard that somewhere before also?:confused:

oh, and thanks for the info (you'd be surprised how getting a simple answer to a lineage question around here is such "hard work"...)

diego
07-03-2008, 07:02 PM
He practiced both Choy Lay Fut under chan koon pak and lama under Jing Han who resided in the Nam Fook Temple located in Ho Nam

sections of the Lohan form can be seen in the Ng Family Demo reel here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KDTK7HhDgU

It would be cool to see some footage of the seminar up on the Youtube:cool:

Shaolindynasty
07-04-2008, 07:19 AM
oh, and thanks for the info (you'd be surprised how getting a simple answer to a lineage question around here is such "hard work"...)

No problem.

sanjuro_ronin
07-04-2008, 07:36 AM

Nice Demo reel, of course its not real kung fu because you don't just do 1 system.
;)

cjurakpt
07-04-2008, 08:04 AM
Nice Demo reel, of course its not real kung fu because you don't just do 1 system.
;)

that's because they haven't realized the limitless depths and hidden secrets that expertly address all ranges and aspects of combat contained within a true system of KF...

sanjuro_ronin
07-04-2008, 08:07 AM
that's because they haven't realized the limitless depths and hidden secrets that expertly address all ranges and aspects of combat contained within a true system of KF...

Alas...quite correct...*tear runs down cheek*

David Jamieson
07-04-2008, 03:31 PM
Furthermore, I am not inclined to share that with anyone... :p

htowndragon
07-04-2008, 04:11 PM
what is Jing Han's lama lineage? was he Wong Yan Lum's student?

Shaolindynasty
07-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Not sure about Jing Han's sifu. The only info I currently have on our lama lineage starts with him. it goes

jing han
fong yuk shu
to hon chueng
sam ng

To my knowledge wong yen lam isn't in our direct lineage. I would need to research it further to give a conclusive answer

cjurakpt
07-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Not sure about Jing Han's sifu. The only info I currently have on our lama lineage starts with him. it goes

jing han
fong yuk shu
to hon chueng
sam ng

To my knowledge wong yen lam isn't in our direct lineage. I would need to research it further to give a conclusive answer

two honest lineage answers in as many days; the server may not be able to handle this...

Shaolindynasty
07-06-2008, 09:31 AM
two honest lineage answers in as many days; the server may not be able to handle this...

I practice real kung fu so I have no reason to be anything but honest about my lineage:cool:

cjurakpt
07-06-2008, 10:54 AM
I practice real kung fu so I have no reason to be anything but honest about my lineage:cool:

ah - real kung fu, meaning that your chosen system has absolutely all the answers to any and all combat situations, and would only be diluted by influences from other non-real styles...

RD'S Alias - 1A
07-06-2008, 11:19 AM
No, he means he's learning from legit Chinese Kung Fu teachers, and not some Karate Mcdojo kings that added a few tiger claws and mantis hands to thier katas and *Called* it Kung Fu.

banditshaw
07-06-2008, 12:27 PM
I've heard somewhere that the highest levels of Kung Fu can only be attained while practicing in basements. Is there any truth to that?

:cool:

lkfmdc
07-06-2008, 03:39 PM
I've heard somewhere that the highest levels of Kung Fu can only be attained while practicing in basements. Is there any truth to that?

:cool:

only if you are doing REAL kung fu in a basement, not if you are doing just glorified kickboxing

:rolleyes:

Shaolindynasty
07-07-2008, 09:21 AM
By "real" I mean the skills speak for themselves.