PDA

View Full Version : OMG! Video of Ashida Kim levitating! I can't believe this

I Hate Ashida Kim
07-13-2008, 12:26 AM
Seriously you can't make stuff like this up. When the guy comes out with the ring to prove that he is actually levitating and he passes it all around but yet not quite under him... ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F3tJHuZDIo&feature=related

Laukarbo
07-13-2008, 03:22 AM
what was that with the hula hop ring ?

anyone could do that...:confused:

too bad he disabled comments...:D

MightyB
07-13-2008, 06:18 AM
If that's what it takes to be a ninja grandmaster- then what rank would David Copperfield be?

OT- I had no idea the clown magician at my kid's birthday party was actually a ninja assassin (and using this video as reference- he was a higher ranking ninja than kim)- sheesh- just proves that pirates are waaaayyyyy cooler than ninjas.

Eddie
07-13-2008, 06:30 AM
If that's what it takes to be a ninja grandmaster- then what rank would David Copperfield be?

OT- I had no idea the clown magician at my kid's birthday party was actually a ninja assassin (and using this video as reference- he was a higher ranking ninja than kim)- sheesh- just proves that pirates are waaaayyyyy cooler than ninjas.

this criss angel is the greatest grasndmaster ever
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZlIwcVAxZsU

Mulong
07-13-2008, 06:34 AM
Hey, how long will take us mere mortals to learn this skill? :rolleyes:

monji112000
07-13-2008, 07:26 AM
Seriously you can't make stuff like this up. When the guy comes out with the ring to prove that he is actually levitating and he passes it all around but yet not quite under him... ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F3tJHuZDIo&feature=related

you know about his 10,000 deal right?
http://www.ashidakim.com/10k.html

"Second, as a professional fighter, my fee is $10,000. Which will be paid by the Challenger 30 days before the match. Also, Challenger will pay travel expenses for myself and a party of three to the site of the match and provide food and lodging for the Party for the duration of the event."

:rolleyes:
I find it hard to believe that anyone above the age of 16 believes this guy.

RD'S Alias - 1A
07-13-2008, 08:30 AM
That is just a Yoga posture. Oddly it is referred to a Levitating or the levitation posture.

One of the girls I knew form match.com was really into Yoga, and she did that one as part of her morning routine. It's a great exercise to build your structural alignment, and hard a fu@k to do.

LSWCTN1
07-13-2008, 08:53 AM
LMAO! this is untrue!

its actually a good display of strength from him so why dress it up as anything else?

and.... am I the only one to notice that at 1.38 it actually gets stuck on his backside! levitation my @rse, it got stuck on his @rse!

cjurakpt
07-13-2008, 11:20 AM
craptacular!

first off, props for the full lotus - unless he's naturally stretchy, then no big deal

second - as with any successful demo of arcana, the most important lesson is to have a GOOD ASSISTANT - as in one who can do something ridiculous but pull it off regardless - if the guy had done the ring bit smoothly and without being self-conscious, he would have been much more convincing

third: where did that ping pong ball go? OMG, I can't believe he kept making it appear and disappear like that; REAL ninjas are the coolest!!!!!

The Willow Sword
07-13-2008, 08:27 PM
I would gather that the reason he charges so much for these "challenge matches" is that he needs to have some cash on hand lest he get seriously hurt to warrant a trip to the hospital. ER bills cost alot, not to mention treatment and stitches and casts. Much hype surrounds this character. i understand why people hate him so much. he hasnt done anything personally to me so i dont have any hatred for the guy. I will say,though, that i think he is pretty much a charlatan with "some"skills as a martial artist and i use "some" very loosely here. But hey he is living the American dream , making his money.pimpin his ho's and sportin his ride around town. Gotta love the USA, and the people who live in it.

Peace,TWS

Scott R. Brown
07-14-2008, 12:45 AM
Hey, how long will take us mere mortals to learn this skill? :rolleyes:

If you can do the lotus, I'd say about 5-10 mins.

I'll be happy to teach you for $25,000. :)

That is just a Yoga posture. Oddly it is referred to a Levitating or the levitation posture.

One of the girls I knew form match.com was really into Yoga, and she did that one as part of her morning routine. It's a great exercise to build your structural alignment, and hard a fu@k to do.

I did this when I was 15 years old.

Zhang Yong Chun
07-14-2008, 10:10 AM
"So, if you write in popping off at the mouth, looking for a lesson, you've have come to the right place. I don't take tests, because I have nothing to prove. I give tests, because I am a Teacher, and have State certification to prove it! So, if you want a piece of my ass, come on up and get you a bite, 'cause I got plenty."

I love the difference in tone...

God, are people *really* that gullible?