PDA

View Full Version : Max Payne

doug maverick
07-15-2008, 10:58 AM
i been secretly looking into this film hoping that it would be good. and after seeing the first trailer i came in my pants. this film is going to be awesome.
the film star mark walhberg( itailian job, the happening) as max payne, along with mila kunis(that seventies show) beau bridges(star gate) and ludacris(crash) check out the trailer and judge for yourself:

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/07/10/must-watch-first-international-trailer-for-max-payne/

sanjuro_ronin
07-15-2008, 12:20 PM
Hmmm, interesting...
Didn't follow the video game, can you give a brother a clue of the movie/character?

冠木侍
07-15-2008, 03:37 PM
I played the game a few times I believe on the original XBox. It was all right.

Here is Some info (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Payne)regarding the game although words don't replace actually playing it. Maybe you could look up some clips online to get a better feel for it.

Seems they are trying to follow in the footsteps of Hitman(never played the game nor watched the movie yet). Mila Kunis is attractive but I think this is her first big Hollywood movie. Don't know how she will do but she was good in That 70's Show.

Markie Mark gonna take the big lead. I haven't seen a trailer yet. So no comments at the moment.

doug maverick
07-15-2008, 05:50 PM
I played the game a few times I believe on the original XBox. It was all right.

Here is Some info (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Payne)regarding the game although words don't replace actually playing it. Maybe you could look up some clips online to get a better feel for it.

Seems they are trying to follow in the footsteps of Hitman(never played the game nor watched the movie yet). Mila Kunis is attractive but I think this is her first big Hollywood movie. Don't know how she will do but she was good in That 70's Show.

Markie Mark gonna take the big lead. I haven't seen a trailer yet. So no comments at the moment.

well actually this film isn't really following in the foot steps of hitman. its a totally defferent thing with a totally defferent feel. this film is neo-noir. and dude thats why i put the link there because thats where the trailers at. go check it out. peace punch cap'n crunch. ya digg

冠木侍
07-16-2008, 07:03 PM
well actually this film isn't really following in the foot steps of hitman. its a totally defferent thing with a totally defferent feel. this film is neo-noir. and dude thats why i put the link there because thats where the trailers at. go check it out. peace punch cap'n crunch. ya digg

Sir, when I said footsteps, I was talking about the adaptations of video games to big budget movies...most recently being Hitman that came to mind. I was trying to help out Sanjuro-Ronin. But I can see why my post was misinterpreted as such. Yes they are both different with different feels but they are both adaptations from video games. My memories of the game were fuzzy but I remember not being that impressed.

But dude, thanks for posting the link. Brings back some memories of the game. Neo-noir sounds like an accurate depiction. It looks all right to me but not really a blockbuster. Seems like it might appeal to a certain niche but that is just my guess. You know far more about the industry than I do.

Oh, and go change your shorts. ;)

Oso
07-16-2008, 07:38 PM
Sir, when I said footsteps, I was talking about the adaptations of video games to big budget movies...most recently being Hitman that came to mind. I was trying to help out Sanjuro-Ronin. But I can see why my post was misinterpreted as such. Yes they are both different with different feels but they are both adaptations from video games. My memories of the game were fuzzy but I remember not being that impressed.

But dude, thanks for posting the link. Brings back some memories of the game. Neo-noir sounds like an accurate depiction. It looks all right to me but not really a blockbuster. Seems like it might appeal to a certain niche but that is just my guess. You know far more about the industry than I do.

Oh, and go change your shorts. ;)

and that, Sir, is why you will survive here. ;)

Oso
07-16-2008, 07:45 PM
looks good, Wahlberg has grown way beyond the "Markie Mark" stage and done very well in, imo, everything he's done.

doug maverick
07-16-2008, 09:56 PM
i think he stepped out of that role when he did the curruptor you can even say the big hit. both he and donnie have effectively stepped out of the there backgorunds. and are considered serious actors.i mean mark came from being a rapper which isn't as bad as coming from a super huge boy band like new kids on the block.

SimonM
07-18-2008, 07:04 AM
Hmmm, interesting...
Didn't follow the video game, can you give a brother a clue of the movie/character?

Imagine Hard Boiled if Tequila was white.

sanjuro_ronin
07-18-2008, 07:08 AM
Imagine Hard Boiled if Tequila was white.

mmmm, hard boiled eggs and tequila....

SimonM
07-18-2008, 08:27 AM
You... have.... seen Hardboiled right?

sanjuro_ronin
07-18-2008, 09:39 AM
You... have.... seen Hardboiled right?

Chow yun fat for the win ?

SimonM
07-18-2008, 10:34 AM
That's the one.

冠木侍
07-18-2008, 07:13 PM
i think he stepped out of that role when he did the curruptor you can even say the big hit. both he and donnie have effectively stepped out of the there backgorunds. and are considered serious actors.i mean mark came from being a rapper which isn't as bad as coming from a super huge boy band like new kids on the block.

Donnie's big break out hit was his scene in "The Sixth Sense." I think the story goes that no one knew that it was him at first.

Mark's role in "Fear" showed some okay acting but I think I'll agree that the "Big Hit" was something that made him stand out. That movie was a trip! Liked it a lot. "The Corruptor" was all right. I tink it could have been a little better. I think that Chow Yun Fat saved that movie but that is my opinion. Still one of my favorite movies though.

Mark's done some good works within the past 10 years or so. Donnie's affiliation with NKOtB took a little more time to shrug off. Slowly but surely he's getting there but Mark stands out in my opinion.

冠木侍
07-19-2008, 12:46 PM
and that, Sir, is why you will survive here. ;)

Dougie and myself may disagree at times but he's one of the cool ones here. His opinions I respect and he has a wealth of information regarding Hollywood and HK Cinema.

冠木侍
10-25-2008, 12:53 AM
I must say that after just seeing it, I was blown away. Visually, it was a great movie. You don't need too much background from the video game to follow the story (somewhat simple). This is recommended if you are looking for explosions and gunshots...and a little bit of old school kick butt action.

Hebrew Hammer
10-25-2008, 08:04 AM
I was surprised by this film, actually about how bad the acting was (aside from Wahlberg)...the storyline was predictable and I was bored through the second half of the film.

I didn't play the game, so I didn't know what to expect, the visual effects were definitely a plus, I was disappointed that the angelic beings were not supernatural but rather drug induced hallucinations...sigh...been there done that. :P

Lots of promise little delivered. My two cents worth.

Lets hope the New Punisher can deliver.

冠木侍
10-25-2008, 11:56 AM
It seems like you were expecting Academy Award material?? I hope not. It was based off a video game, so it was expected that plot would be sacrificed and the action a main focus. I would have liked a little more closure at the end but it was a wild ride nonetheless.

At least it was far removed from Wahlberg's last movie. :D

Hebrew Hammer
10-25-2008, 04:11 PM
I certainly wasn't expecting academy award material, just some good vs. evil action...like I said I hadn't played the game, maybe my expectations were a little higher based on the previews...

TenTigers
10-25-2008, 05:30 PM
That's the problem with video game inspired movies. I was bummed about Silent Hill, as they really didn't go into the what's, why's, and how's of the two dimensions. It left me empty.

Zenshiite
10-26-2008, 08:09 PM
Silent Hill didn't quite capture the creep factor that the game has either. I only ever watched a friend play the game and I know I'd about **** my pants with some the **** that goes on in that game were I playing it around 2 AM in the dark and alone.

冠木侍
10-26-2008, 08:50 PM
That's the problem with video game inspired movies. I was bummed about Silent Hill, as they really didn't go into the what's, why's, and how's of the two dimensions. It left me empty.

Wow, you finished that game. I never beat it but it was scary from what I played.

The movie started out scary but then when you find out what's what in the end (movie only) and I just don't know what to think.

Maybe I should go back to the game. :D

Zenshiite; Playing a game like that at 2am is not a good idea unless you have a good command over your willing suspension of disbelief. ;)

Resident Evil was a whole different beast.