PDA

View Full Version : Re-making Kung Fu Movies

puma
07-17-2008, 06:33 PM
Just something I was thinking about and don't know if this has ever been bought up but here goes....if you could re-make a kung fu movie what would that movie be...who would star in it and why would you want to do a re-make?

Egg fu young
07-18-2008, 04:51 AM
Just something I was thinking about and don't know if this has ever been bought up but here goes....if you could re-make a kung fu movie what would that movie be...who would star in it and why would you want to do a re-make?

The Return Of Master Killer wasnt what I expected. I think it should be remade more like a sequel to the Thirtysixth chamber of Shaolin starring...........me.

sanjuro_ronin
07-18-2008, 05:30 AM
I would love to see a re-make of Executioners of Shaolin, not to make it better, but to see actual Pak Mei kung fu VS Hung Gar.

puma
07-24-2008, 05:35 AM
I would love to re-make The Hot,The Cool and The Vicious and Donnie Yen would star as The Hot and I would also love to re-make Wang yu's Blood of the dragon starring of course Donnie Yen as Leung Tai.

peace&love
07-24-2008, 06:44 AM
Wow! That's a really great brain exercise. My head already hurts. There are so many films out there especially during the 70s that would be great material to redo with a good budget and top notch talent. I know this may be crossing the line and disrespectful towards Bruce Lee and if so, I apologize. But one of the first things I thought of was what if Game of Death was completed it as Bruce envisioned it. Maybe original story boards, plot outlines, and the rough draft of the script could be used to bring it all together. I'm thinking Donnie Yen would be a good candidate to play the lead. Another interesting one would maybe be a remake of Young Master with Stephen Chow either starring or at the helm.

puma
07-28-2008, 11:38 PM
Yeah...the original Game of Death sucked big time...I also think Donnie Yen would do a good re-make of this movie and he should considering he thinks of Bruce Lee as one his heroes

mickey
07-29-2008, 05:51 PM
Greetings,

I would like to see a remake of Dynasty, a film that starred Tan Tao Liang. I would have liked to see more temple training sequences and better fight choreography. The fight scene between the head fighting monk and the Eunuch was a big let down.

mickey