PDA

View Full Version : The UFC's diminishing heavyweght class...

AmanuJRY
07-19-2008, 03:27 PM
First Randy C. and now I see Nog on the fight card for Affliction...both the current and interem HW champions...

Affliction also has Josh Barnett and of course, Fedor.

Is there really anyone interesting enough to make the UFC's HW class exciting???

...oh, yeah...Brock Lestner....but who will he fight???

Three Harmonies
07-19-2008, 05:26 PM
You are confusing Minotauro, with his twin brother who is fighting on Affliction.

But I agree! UFC's heavyweight class is similar to boxings.....it sucks donkey b@!!$

I am stoked for this Affliction fight! I think if they can continue to offer cards this strong they will give the UFC a run for their money.
**** I miss Pride:(:(

Cheers
Jake :D

Ultimatewingchun
07-19-2008, 05:27 PM
Good point.

let's go AFFLICTION....!!! ;)

(I'm still dying to see a Fedor/Barnett fight).

Also:

Couture/Nog
Fedor/Couture
Barnett/Nog rubber match
Couture/Barnett rematch

AmanuJRY
07-19-2008, 06:06 PM
You are confusing Minotauro, with his twin brother who is fighting on Affliction.

You should check your facts (http://www.afflictionclothing.com/banned_july19/fight_card.php) again....:(

(I'm still dying to see a Fedor/Barnett fight).

For real!!!!

....also, they got Big John and Michael Buffer.....and Donald Trump is jumping aboard...WOW!

oh, yeah, and I forgot to mention Tim Sylvia too...

AmanuJRY
07-19-2008, 06:27 PM
Also...they have Frank Trig and his sidekick from FSN/Pride...they're really stacking the deck!

MasterKiller
07-20-2008, 06:00 AM
That's why the big draw in UFC has always been light-heavyweight.

AmanuJRY
07-20-2008, 08:18 AM
So Affliction is basically Pride without all the people who jumped to the UFC when Zuffa bought them out.

...and the added features of Michael Buffer, Big John, and some UFC heavyweights.

I can't wait to see Brock go to affliction, you know he wants a piece of the Fedor pie.

Go Affliction!

Three Harmonies
07-20-2008, 08:24 AM
What facts bro? That is Rogerio, not Rodrigo, Nogueira!:cool:

zapruder_bjj
07-20-2008, 10:07 AM
You should check your facts (http://www.afflictionclothing.com/banned_july19/fight_card.php) again....:(

LOL nothin better than a stubborn idiot. Antonio ROGERIO Nogueira fought in Affliction with his brother Antonio RODRIGO Nogueira, the UFC HW champ in his corner...

Three Harmonies
07-20-2008, 03:53 PM
Exactly! :D

sanjuro_ronin
07-21-2008, 04:33 AM
I mean, did ANYONE think that Sylvia had a chance?
A serious chance?

AmanuJRY
07-21-2008, 05:44 AM
LOL nothin better than a stubborn idiot. Antonio ROGERIO Nogueira fought in Affliction with his brother Antonio RODRIGO Nogueira, the UFC HW champ in his corner...

Just sayin' that on the fight card and on the show he was announced as 'minataro', that's all.;)

How can you expect me to keep facts straight if they don't....:p

Three Harmonies
07-21-2008, 06:29 AM
Bro I did not hear them, nor see them advertise as such!?!?!? I think perhaps you were just mistaken. They are twins, so no worries;)

AmanuJRY
07-21-2008, 07:03 AM
Bro I did not hear them, nor see them advertise as such!?!?!? I think perhaps you were just mistaken. They are twins, so no worries;)

If you actually look at the fight card on the link I posted you would see for yourself.

...about half way down, it does say Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, but under it, 'Minotoro'.

And I distictly heard Michael Buffer say 'the man known as Minotoro' when he announced the victory.

I admit I was mistaken, but for obvious reasons.;)

AmanuJRY
07-21-2008, 07:16 AM
I looked up both of their profiles on Sherdog and 'Rodrigo' has the nicname Minotauro and 'Rogerio' has the nickname Minotoro....:o

That's ghey! First their parents give them the same first name and then they choose the same nicname but with different spellings....:rolleyes:

Anyways, my bad!:D

Three Harmonies
07-21-2008, 11:00 AM
No worries! It can be confusing!
Jake :D

mkriii
07-21-2008, 11:33 AM
I'm for any MMA organization that gives UFC a run for thier money. I think Dana White is going to be ther ruin of the UFC. IMO he seems like all he cares about is money and not the betterment of the UFC or MMA. Extreme XC and Affliction look to be pretty good.

Three Harmonies
07-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Right there with you bro! Dana white has single handidly(?) brought MMA to where it is today, and will be its ruination!
I so miss Pride:( I sincerely hope the cats at M-1 / Affliction can manage stuff better than before.
Cheers
Jake :cool:

AmanuJRY
07-21-2008, 03:36 PM
For the most part, I agree, but I think Zuffa's downfall is greed. They're trying to make up for how much they lost rescuing the UFC. They made MMA what it is today (for the most) but they're trying to monopolize. With pay-per-view sales larger than most boxing matches and prize purses at less than 1/3 of boxers, etc. and deals like paying Brock Lestner more than most veterans for a debut, all that extra $$ has to be going somewhere...

Affliction is showing how the fighters are what makes the sport...not the organization.

...I'd like to know what they're paying the fighters.

AmanuJRY
07-21-2008, 03:39 PM
I mean, did ANYONE think that Sylvia had a chance?
A serious chance?

No...:cool:

couch
07-22-2008, 09:49 AM
I can't remember correctly, but didn't Dana White say that if you're fighting with the UFC, you couldn't wear Affliction clothing. Is that right?

Is that why there was a fight league developed from Affliction, or perhaps Dana knew that this was in the works and this was his way to try to curb it?

Just wondering,
K

AmanuJRY
07-22-2008, 12:51 PM
I'm pretty sure it's the latter. You can go back a few UFC's or seasons of TUF and see him wearing Affliction clothing.

Vajramusti
07-23-2008, 08:53 AM
Are there any clips of this match on the internet anywhere?
Any links?

Joy Chaudhuri

TaichiMantis
07-23-2008, 12:46 PM
Are there any clips of this match on the internet anywhere?
Any links?

Joy Chaudhuri

parts in this clip (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/25817021#25817021)

Vajramusti
07-23-2008, 03:06 PM
Muchas gracias amigo

joy chaudhuri