PDA

View Full Version : We could have prevented all of this!

Taomonkey
09-17-2001, 07:44 PM
As the airports gear up for more flights, we Americans continue to lose a little freedom, from increased search, to the outlawing of knives on planes. IMHO, none of these new measures would have prevented the attack. However a Freakin door with a lock would have. Its time to get a little real here. everyone here has seen teh cardboard door to the cockpit of every comercial plane flown today. If we just had a door with a lock, that could not be kicked in, the hijackings may have occured but the tragedy would have been avoided.

Peace and Prayers of Peace

origenx
09-17-2001, 07:46 PM
Actually, the doors already have locks. I just don't think they're used.

Sharky
09-17-2001, 07:49 PM
They do have doors and locks. Apparently, either, they blackmailed the pilots in opening it (by slitting the stewardess's throat - nice touch), or maybe er... i dunno there was another reason but i've forgotton it.

"You can't see it if you blind but we will always prevail (true)/Life is like the open sea, the truth is the wind in our sail/And in the end, our names is on the lips of dying men/If ever crushed in the earth, we always rise again/When the words of lying men sound lush like the sound of a violin/The truth is there, it's just the heart you gotta find it in" - Talib Kweli

ope
09-17-2001, 08:24 PM
yes they do have doors with locks but just like Toamonky said there made of cardboard.. the doors are very weak.. they are made to be light so the plane doesnt burn extra fuel.. there not made to stop hijackers but to stop drunks or other annoying people from going into the cockpit.. again for a couple of bucks you risk people's lives..

OdderMensch
09-17-2001, 08:34 PM
the problem with the door security has something to do with sudden pressure changes and the planes internal structure. ?

what I think would have prevented this and may prevent mor in the future. Dont take away all the knife, pass them out! Well clubs maybe, like when the oxogen masks come down, only billy clubs. :D also arm the pilots, small caliber to prvent penetration of the skin of the airplane.

Sharky
09-17-2001, 08:35 PM
i think they shouldn't let anyone take anything onto the airplane.

"You can't see it if you blind but we will always prevail (true)/Life is like the open sea, the truth is the wind in our sail/And in the end, our names is on the lips of dying men/If ever crushed in the earth, we always rise again/When the words of lying men sound lush like the sound of a violin/The truth is there, it's just the heart you gotta find it in" - Talib Kweli

wu_de36
09-17-2001, 09:01 PM
and how would you suggest they enforce this?

Snake
09-17-2001, 09:41 PM
Lets not lose sight of the fact that most of these pilots have been trained to cooperate with the highjackers. No one ever considered that they would crash them on purpose, let alone into a building. They were just trying to keep the passangers safe, as up until now, most highjacking situations resulted in few injuries or deaths and most of the people involved walking away.

Snake
"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson