PDA

View Full Version : Training to become Batman

MartialDev
07-21-2008, 05:59 PM
Professor E. Paul Zehr believes that a person could train themselves to Batman's level (http://www.martialdevelopment.com/blog/becoming-batman-an-achieveable-goal/) in approximately 10 years.

Could you do it?
If you've been studying martial arts for a decade, why aren't you Batman already? :)

TenTigers
07-21-2008, 06:24 PM
cuz I don't have a lair. I need a lair. Like the Batcave.
I need....THE TIGER'S DEN!!!!!

and the Wayne fortune...
that might help.

mantis108
07-21-2008, 07:07 PM
Teflon armor, my friend, Teflon armor. ;)

Mantis108

RD'S Alias - 1A
07-21-2008, 07:58 PM
Because I don't have all those wonderful toys.

I wonder where he get those wonderful toys anyway?

golden arhat
07-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Teflon armor, my friend, Teflon armor. ;)

Mantis108

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KS0pSwdQfbY

no my friend, its all about dragon skin!!!

and yeah i wouldnt go to the shaolin temple to learn martial arts, i'd pobably pay an olympic weight lifting coach, bas ruten and anderson silva as sparringpartners/trainers. and i'd probably pay a personal coach to supervise my overall progress and diet. then i'd probably pay an iron palm guy to live in with me and teach me that so i can look cool if i miss people and hit solid objects behind them and watch them shatter, i'd modify some sort of suit with all around dragon skin etc, and then buy some seriously powerful car/rocket and have it modified to defy the laws of physics.

thats what i would do with bruce waynes money, wouldnt waste 3 years at tagou.

Scott R. Brown
07-21-2008, 08:18 PM
I AM Batman!!!

golden arhat
07-21-2008, 08:47 PM
we know... we know

there there:p

No_Know
07-21-2008, 08:59 PM
Batman started as a baby. With loving parents and rich and varied experiences. Upon the death of his parents his mind-set and boilingpoint and coping mechanisms were set. Bruce Wayne's focus/determination had been honed by his personal experiences/training/discipline (instilled or self-developed).

After their death his journey and training seeking took him to sudy under masters of various skillsets the world over. That might have been ten years or so at some point but only in his thirties was he Batman level--Strength, Skill, Honedness. And as I mentioned the Heart of Batman was formed from babyhood to adolesence. How he filled it and used it and it drove or counseled him began at the death of Bruce's parents.

That's at least thirty years of training and development with significant financial and social resources; founded in caring, support and Love.

No_Know

Bruce Wayne is the Framework from which comes Batman. Like a style with a premise or philosophy as a base Bruce is the Base of Batman.

I No_Know

TenTigers
07-21-2008, 11:30 PM
Batman started as a baby.

ok, got that. I also started out as a baby.

With loving parents and rich and varied experiences.

ok, My mom kinda liked me. And I had a crib with a bird mobile (not to be confused with a Batmobile)and a stuffed bear-pretty rich and varied. I also learned,"Hot," and "sharp."

Upon the death of his parents his mind-set and boilingpoint and coping mechanisms were set. Bruce Wayne's focus/determination had been honed by his personal experiences/training/discipline (instilled or self-developed).

ok, then I went through school, and had various experiences-blotter, windowpane, purple microdot, orange sunshine...

After their death his journey and training seeking took him to sudy under masters of various skillsets the world over.
um, ok, TKD in East Meadow, Kung-Fu in Merrick, Tang Soo Do in ..Merrick and Monticello, Kenpo in New Hyde Park and Hicksville, Bak Mei in Stony Brook, Kyokushin in Ithaca, Hung-Ga in Merrick and nYC, SPM in NYC, Hakko Ryu...oh nevermind

That might have been ten years or so at some point but only in his thirties was he Batman level--Strength, Skill, Honedness.
ok, so now I'm Batman

And as I mentioned the Heart of Batman was formed from babyhood to adolesence. How he filled it and used it and it drove or counseled him began at the death of Bruce's parents.

I was also in counciling for quite awhile...

That's at least thirty years of training and development with significant financial and social resources; founded in caring, support and Love.

and the occaisional shot for shot bets....
No_Know

Bruce Wayne is the Framework from which comes Batman. Like a style with a premise or philosophy as a base Bruce is the Base of Batman.

and Rik is the BASE of Tiger-Guy!!!!

I No_Know

where's my Underarmour and cape?

Laukarbo
07-22-2008, 12:46 AM
I would just go to this school.....:D

http://www.kungfula.com/gallery.html

banditshaw
07-22-2008, 01:18 AM
HOLY BATSH!T !!
That school is not too far from me.

The poses are priceless.
Pure comedy gold.:D

David Jamieson
07-22-2008, 03:35 AM
Technically and by that loopy stupid ass standard somehow remarkably put forth by a "professor" (lord knows of what), it stands to reason that we should also have an ironman floating around out there and any number of other heroes who rely on gadgetry to get their crime fighting done.

i can only imagine , due to the quality of the movie , how many half baked teenage minds are gonna wrap themselves up in this fantasy. It will of course lead to a mall school passing out rubber uniforms and practicing hanging upside down and proclaiming it the street deadly. lol

sanjuro_ronin
07-22-2008, 04:08 AM
Well, this says it all:

The Training
Cost: $30,000

You'd better be ready to defend yourself if you plan to take on all the thugs and super-villains that call Gotham home.

In the new movie, young Bruce Wayne goes to Tibet on the mother of all study-abroad trips and ends up learning the martial arts from a group of vigilante ninjas called the League of Shadows. But similar training is available to those not lucky enough to get plucked out of obscurity by Liam Neeson.

A good place to start would be an internship at the birthplace of kung fu, the Shaolin Temple in Henan, China. One month of training at the prestigious Tagou school costs about $740, including a private room and training with a personal coach. It'll take a while to get good enough to stop the Joker's worst thugs, though, so count on spending at least three years and about 30 grand for the trip.

sanjuro_ronin
07-22-2008, 04:10 AM
The gear is the easy part, getting in shape to lug it AND fighting with it, now THERE is your challenge !

No_Know
07-22-2008, 06:00 AM
After the thirty years of build to the moment is soon, Bruce realized bad guys can get by being threatened by a guy. Training is not initially apparent, therefore not a factor upon sight or before the fight (except by reputation-requiring predetermined actions for the desired effect/impression(s)). It is not about fighting, because one on one or more repeatedly does not win-out. There might be no rest but he must be able to continue. He must market himself to initiate flight of the fight or flight respone a Human naturally has. Not able to amalgamate the psyche of all people to extract the least common denomiator of an image we all fear. He went this personal trauma which he passed/overcame. Thinking to sell it to express down to the depths of fear, intimidation, trauma he himself once felt. What the villan Scare-crow does with chemicals, Batman does with marketing--presents an image.

Underarmour because you die less often with better armour--quality, resistance, allows movement, doesn't show--not dying from close range bullet shots or stabbed is a plus for intimidation, in the general psychology.

The cape--Heroes were them. Or People to be respected or thought well of wear them. A cape is a distraction aid--an opponent might glance at the cape buying Batman time to not get attacked or to attack or defend from someone elses attack or to continue a task or start an action. Also, depending on the make of the cape it can guard Batman's back keeping damage from sneak attacks down. It can hit as he turns being a sixth striking unit to his arms legs and head between-above his shoulders. Like the Samurai Daimyos who knew to not trust all the troops behind him, a cape can interfere with missle weapon (bullet, knife, arrow, shakken, shuriken...) attacks of not actual small missles.

No_Know

sanjuro_ronin
07-22-2008, 06:05 AM
I have had the chance to wear some nice body armour and get shot.
The good stuff is really good, I mean it not only stops the bullet but it disipitates the force too.
Serious coin though.
You can get flame proof and bullet proof cape too, its a blanket the use for hostage situations.
And of course you can get a bullet proof face mask, feels like you got hit with a solid punch.

sha0lin1
07-22-2008, 06:55 AM
I think I would rather be Choda Boy from Orgasmo. After all Hamster Style is invincible and you get to hang out with the a#@%!*k twins.

The Willow Sword
07-22-2008, 07:02 AM
to train as the Joker. Ledgers Joker that is. Much more unpredictable, fast quick and relentless. not to mention the psychological impact of catching one of you batman wannabes and making you beg for your life on the video camera.

"huhhyehyehehahahaaahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :cool:

hehe, TWS

IronWeasel
07-22-2008, 07:44 AM
to train as the Joker. Ledgers Joker that is. Much more unpredictable, fast quick and relentless. not to mention the psychological impact of catching one of you batman wannabes and making you beg for your life on the video camera.

"huhhyehyehehahahaaahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :cool:

hehe, TWS

Does this include Legal training?

Because Batman just got arrested!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080722/ap_en_ot/people_christian_bale

The Willow Sword
07-22-2008, 07:49 AM
Does this include Legal training?

Because Batman just got arrested!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080722/...christian_bale

"huhhyehyehehahahaaahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Ohhhh they all lose it in the end. :cool:

hehe, TWS in Joker training

IronWeasel
07-22-2008, 08:04 AM
The good stuff is really good, I mean it not only stops the bullet but it disipitates the force too.
Serious coin though.
You can get flame proof and bullet proof cape too, its a blanket the use for hostage situations.
And of course you can get a bullet proof face mask, feels like you got hit with a solid punch.

Jeez, man!! What HAVEN'T you done???

Were you skydiving when they shot you??? :D

sanjuro_ronin
07-22-2008, 08:06 AM
Jeez, man!! What HAVEN'T you done???

Were you skydiving when they shot you??? :D

Now, that would have been way cool !

Lucas
07-22-2008, 10:18 AM
Dont forget batman is also a super genius. Oh and the whole being trained by a mystic ninja master and a regular diet of dancing with death.

Not that any of us have a problem in that area or anything....

IronWeasel
07-22-2008, 10:22 AM
Dont forget batman is also a super genius. Oh and the whole being trained by a mystic ninja master and a regular diet of dancing with death.

Not that any of us have a problem in that area or anything....

So...this is an Ashida Kim thread, then?

Lucas
07-22-2008, 10:24 AM
Arent they all?

Old Noob
07-22-2008, 11:56 AM
Let's not disrespect Mr. Kim. I've never seen Batman do the lotus a$$ levitation after all. Really no comparison. :D

diego
07-22-2008, 02:57 PM
I would just go to this school.....:D

http://www.kungfula.com/gallery.html

Last updated February 8, 2003.

Larry gets high with his butterfly kicks.

David Jamieson
07-22-2008, 05:39 PM
Serious coin though.

that's cause you have to replace the shattered ceramic plate after you get shot.

sanjuro_ronin
07-23-2008, 04:28 AM
that's cause you have to replace the shattered ceramic plate after you get shot.

Details, details...:p