PDA

View Full Version : Do you support unnecessary physical cruelty for personal gain/entertainment?

golden arhat
07-22-2008, 05:27 AM
does anyone???

at all?

sanjuro_ronin
07-22-2008, 05:27 AM
does anyone???

at all?

Hello !!
We're Martial artists !!
LOL !!

Ray Pina
07-22-2008, 05:33 AM
Do you mean to oneself or to others?

Reminds me somewhat of the Golden Rule, which is also faulty. Just because I like to smoke bong hits and go surf 20 foot waves doesn't mean my neighbor should.

As for self cruelty, we could say we're cruel to ourselves in our training but it's worth it for the outcome. I can't think of a reason to be cruel to another, except in combat. Then you dig the elbow in the face and put your weight on it.

sanjuro_ronin
07-22-2008, 05:41 AM
Anyone that watches sport combat supports unnecessary physical cruelty for entertainment.
That, and people that watch reality TV shows.
Those people are even worse actually.

golden arhat
07-22-2008, 06:14 AM
ok let me rephrase

does anyone support unnecessary cruelty for their own gain/ entertainment against parties who are forced into doing it,

namely animals.

Old Noob
07-22-2008, 06:18 AM
ok let me rephrase

does anyone support unnecessary cruelty for their own gain/ entertainment against parties who are forced into doing it,

namely animals.

Define "unnecessary." I have a feeling that you'd define eating animals as unnecessary thus making this debate a non-starter if we can't agree about that. See the problem?

sanjuro_ronin
07-22-2008, 06:26 AM
ok let me rephrase

namely animals.

Putting GAIN and ENTERTAINMENT in the way you did makes it seem the both are equal, they are not.

SPJ
07-22-2008, 07:01 AM
2 things.

1. animal cruelty. there are laws to specify "treatments or care" of animals.

shipping with right temp, not too cold or too hot, food and water if long distance.

but most of them, farm animals are shipped to "slaugter" house, and yet it is important to make sure the shipping conditions are good or comfortable, kind of ironic?

at slaugter house, pigs are stunned with electrical poles, so they are shocked and unconscious of what follows--

2. entertainments are entertainments, so people wear head gear and chest protector, so they do get "hurt" by punches or kicks in the head or chest area. gloves of knuckles etc etc. rules such as no elbow, no knees, no hitting below the belt or groins area etc etc.

3. use dog, chicken, or crickets to fight, me absolutely against them. ABSOLUTELY NO.

----

:D

brothernumber9
07-22-2008, 07:15 AM
I love to fish, so by that definition, I would say I do (to the question posed) since I often use live bait, and they certainly don't volunteer themselves onto the hooks.

If I'm ever in the opportune environment, there would also be a real chance that I would bet on a hercules beetle fight.

golden arhat
07-22-2008, 07:19 AM
2 things.

1. animal cruelty. there are laws to specify "treatments or care" of animals.

shipping with right temp, not too cold or too hot, food and water if long distance.

but most of them, farm animals are shipped to "slaugter" house, and yet it is important to make sure the shipping conditions are good or comfortable, kind of ironic?

at slaugter house, pigs are stunned with electrical poles, so they are shocked and unconscious of what follows--

these are frequently ignored, animals travel for days at a time in cramped conditions with almost no food or water and in the case of chickens they are simply tipped out into the slaughter house all at once, animals suffer broken bones frequently and often arent able to make it off the truck.

3. use dog, chicken, or crickets to fight, me absolutely against them. ABSOLUTELY NO.

me too,

a dog or a chicken or a cricket regardless of what it is, it is wrong to make it fight with no choice of its own.

in cage matches etc the contestants are willing.

golden arhat
07-22-2008, 07:20 AM
Define "unnecessary." I have a feeling that you'd define eating animals as unnecessary thus making this debate a non-starter if we can't agree about that. See the problem?

whats necessary about eating meat
please tell me

SAAMAG
07-22-2008, 07:41 AM
You know...plants are technically alive too. Don't they have a right to live as well? If you're going to write off animals because they're living things, write off plants too.

Veggies are such hippocrites.

Ray Pina
07-22-2008, 07:42 AM
Anyone that watches sport combat supports unnecessary physical cruelty for entertainment.
That, and people that watch reality TV shows.
Those people are even worse actually.

Why all the judgments?

Why is combat sport unnecessary physical cruelty? Both participants are eager to do it. Signed up for it willingly. They love it. To them, maybe having to sit and watch two guys play chess is cruel.

What's necessary? Is training? Is sitting on the computer talking $hit? Is anything?

sanjuro_ronin
07-22-2008, 07:44 AM
Why all the judgments?

Why is combat sport unnecessary physical cruelty? Both participants are eager to do it. Signed up for it willingly. They love it. To them, maybe having to sit and watch two guys play chess is cruel.

What's necessary? Is training? Is sitting on the computer talking $hit? Is anything?

Dude, don't sugar coat it, its cruel and we love it !
LOL !

Ray Pina
07-22-2008, 07:46 AM
I guess I say I have to do... the whole fishing thing. I eat what I catch, but there is a lot of struggling and released fish.

I've thought about it. Understood it. Thought about the way they're so eager to attack the fly (thinking it is a living being) and decided, "fu(k the fish." Guess I'll be thinking about it now again.

Gave up spear fishing. I could literally feel the difference in the fish. No spear... you can swim, not with them, but near them, drift with the current. With the spear, they dart screaming "murderer! murderer!."

Old Noob
07-22-2008, 07:46 AM
please tell me

Protein is an essential part of human diets and, while I am aware of the protein intake methodologies of vegetarians, the make up of our teeth and the position of our eyes in our heads clearly demonstrate that we are, by nature, omnivors. Thus, I view eating meat as a necessity and in tune with my nature. Your choice to take your protein by other means, while inconsistent with our physiological deveopment as a species, is fine. You just shouldn't judge others for not following along.

BTW, did you answer my question on the other thread re: carnivorous animals? Are they vile oppressors too?

Ray Pina
07-22-2008, 07:55 AM
Dude, don't sugar coat it, its cruel and we love it !
LOL !

I honestly don't think it's cruel. And speaking for myself, I don't go into a fight with anger or hate. I don't know who I'm fighting. My last fight, the guy was cool. A fellow deadhead. Coach and corner were cool too. We exchanged info to train if/when I'm ever in Pa. He died in a motorcycle crash a month ago. I felt the loss of his friends and family. But obviously the dude was living: fighting, driving bikes like a mad man. God bless.

To me fighting is like chess. I actually feel worse for the guy on the other end of the table because I could be a terror on the board. Black. Two minutes speed chess. I fu(k it up.

And beating you in front of your wife, sister, whoever 10 times in a row and then having to sit across from me at the dinner table as I smile with my big gold hoop nose ring, smiling.... sheer cruelty.

sanjuro_ronin
07-22-2008, 08:08 AM
I honestly don't think it's cruel. And speaking for myself, I don't go into a fight with anger or hate. I don't know who I'm fighting. My last fight, the guy was cool. A fellow deadhead. Coach and corner were cool too. We exchanged info to train if/when I'm ever in Pa. He died in a motorcycle crash a month ago. I felt the loss of his friends and family. But obviously the dude was living: fighting, driving bikes like a mad man. God bless.

To me fighting is like chess. I actually feel worse for the guy on the other end of the table because I could be a terror on the board. Black. Two minutes speed chess. I fu(k it up.

And beating you in front of your wife, sister, whoever 10 times in a row and then having to sit across from me at the dinner table as I smile with my big gold hoop nose ring, smiling.... sheer cruelty.

I rest my case.

SimonM
07-22-2008, 08:15 AM
I do not support the inflicting of cruelty against an unconsenting party or a party incapable of giving informed consent for entertainment.

Cruelty with informed consent from all participating parties (eg: mma, fear factor) is another ball of wax altogether. That I am not opposed to although I find fear factor to be distasteful.

Black Jack II
07-22-2008, 08:20 AM
please tell me

Your so very sad.

If you want I can send you one of the Turkey's I am going to bag this season.:cool:

unkokusai
07-22-2008, 08:56 AM
I support unnecessary physical cruelty against vegetarians.

Lucas
07-22-2008, 09:30 AM
vegitarians are fine. they have their belief, and I'm ok with that. i have mine, which includes eating animals.

Its when they begin the same routine as religious zealots and try to force conversion when they start to bother me. every trick in the book is pulled. same as those bible thumpers that sit on the corner and waste paper by the truckload trying to stuff that crap down peoples throats. repent or be ****ed, find jesus, walk into the light, yada yada yada.

I do a lot of community service, I help the homeless, I donate my time and effort to several causes, I sponsor a family in the philipines out of my daily pay grind. but you dont see me running around tooting my own horn.

if people dont want to be involved the way I am, it is their choice and I would be a complete hypocrite if i were to critisize them for that.

we all have this one life to live, and we will all do it our own way. thats the thing about being alive. you make your own choices, and you own up for it in the end.

I dont think me eating animals is going to be a giant cosmic cluster fuk. Im not bringing the planetational structure out of whack.

If i were to give up eating animals because they are alive, I would have to give up plants as well. because, to be fair. its all life.

I dont plan to starve to death. and im not going to place one life form above another. I just wont do it.

I'll treat all life equally and eat everything.

sanjuro_ronin
07-22-2008, 09:32 AM
Where there is chi, there is life...

Old Noob
07-22-2008, 09:37 AM

I eat chi-tos too. No reason to protect them.

Lucas
07-22-2008, 09:37 AM

Keep my sexlife out of this man :mad:

sanjuro_ronin
07-22-2008, 09:41 AM
How can someone not eat meat ???

I mean, look at it:

SimonM
07-22-2008, 09:47 AM
please tell me

To be honest, I don't know if this my own personal bio-chemistry or what, but I find I am not so able to process vegetable-source (eg: tofu, beans) protein. I can eat it and I don't get sick or anything but I find that I don't develop muscle quickly, don't recover from minor muscle and tendon injuries as quickly and, after a few weeks, feel low energy and fatigued unless I also consume meat-source protein. Many nuts upset my stomach and nuts are, as a source of protein, quite expensive even compared to meat.

I've tried vegetarianism. I gained weight (as I found I had to eat a lot more beans than I did meat to get as much personally usable protein) and didn't feel very well. This led me to the conclusion that my body actually kinda does need meat to function well. Again this is solely personal experience and YMMV.

That being said I am strongly in favor of the humane treatment of food stock animals and also believe that the animals killed for food should be utilized fully.

Old Noob
07-22-2008, 10:06 AM
To be honest, I don't know if this my own personal bio-chemistry or what, but I find I am not so able to process vegetable-source (eg: tofu, beans) protein. I can eat it and I don't get sick or anything but I find that I don't develop muscle quickly, don't recover from minor muscle and tendon injuries as quickly and, after a few weeks, feel low energy and fatigued unless I also consume meat-source protein. Many nuts upset my stomach and nuts are, as a source of protein, quite expensive even compared to meat.

I've tried vegetarianism. I gained weight (as I found I had to eat a lot more beans than I did meat to get as much personally usable protein) and didn't feel very well. This led me to the conclusion that my body actually kinda does need meat to function well. Again this is solely personal experience and YMMV.

That being said I am strongly in favor of the humane treatment of food stock animals and also believe that the animals killed for food should be utilized fully.

Amen brother!

SimonM
07-22-2008, 10:10 AM
And I have been somewhat prone to minor muscle and tendon injuries in the past as I tend to push myself to my limits when I practice. I manage to keep in the game partly because when I do consume a reasonable amount of meat I heal fast.

Ray Pina
07-22-2008, 10:52 AM
The worst shape of my life was when I was living with a veggie chick... though Seven Layer burritos at Taco Bell and pizza were my staple veggie sources.

TenTigers
07-22-2008, 11:08 AM
I know of vegans who make their cats eat vegetarian. That in my book, is cruel and inhumane.
Warrior Monks at Shaolin ate meat. Buddhist Monks were vegetarians.
Soy products contain estrogens, which explains why you had less energy, more fat tissue, and less muscle mass, and had trouble healing from muscle/tendon injuries, and also explains why vegans are whiney, little ***gots.:D

sanjuro_ronin
07-22-2008, 11:09 AM
I know of vegans who make their cats eat vegetarian. That in my book, is cruel and inhumane.
Warrior Monks at Shaolin ate meat. Buddhist Monks were vegetarians.
Soy products contain estrogens, which explains why you had less energy, more fat tissue, and less muscle mass, and had trouble healing from muscle/tendon injuries, and also explains why vegans are whiney, little ***gots.:D

LMAO !!!
No Hung man can be a veggie-wus!

unkokusai
07-22-2008, 11:31 AM
If i were to give up eating animals because they are alive, I would have to give up plants as well. because, to be fair. its all life.

I dont plan to starve to death. and im not going to place one life form above another. I just wont do it.

I'll treat all life equally and eat everything.

There ya go! Sense at last.

SimonM
07-22-2008, 11:33 AM
I just ate a nice healthy lunch consisting of ginger slices, raw fish and rice.

sanjuro_ronin
07-22-2008, 11:44 AM
I just ate a nice healthy lunch consisting of ginger slices, raw fish and rice.

I had lunch a couple of hours ago, mine was more yummy:

SimonM
07-22-2008, 11:48 AM
From anyone else I might just view a picture with the filename of "turkey-sandwich.jpg" even at work.

From you SR, I expect some nubile young thing eating a turkey sandwich in a micro-bikini and so am assuming it's NSFW.

Old Noob
07-22-2008, 11:51 AM
From anyone else I might just view a picture with the filename of "turkey-sandwich.jpg" even at work.

From you SR, I expect some nubile young thing eating a turkey sandwich in a micro-bikini and so am assuming it's NSFW.

You're going to be sorely dissapointed when you look at it.

Lucas
07-22-2008, 11:53 AM
for once it actually is safe for work.....im still in shock

GeneChing
07-22-2008, 11:58 AM
I'm pescatarian, which just made it into the dictionary (http://www.webstercitynews.com/page/content.detail/id/501789.html) (thank you very much!) Actually that doesn't describe my diet perfectly. My Shaolin master, Shi Decheng, told me that I shouldn't eat anything that screams when you kill it. So I eat fish (if they scream, I can't hear it), reptiles and amphibians (although I'm not that fond of them, especially not turtles and frogs) and bugs (but it's hard to find well prepared bugs in America).

I restrict my diet mostly for the discipline of it. It's part of being Buddhist. Also, Pamela Anderson (http://www.petaliterature.com/prodinfo.asp?number=VEG269) told me too. It actually makes my life easier. In America, we're inundated with so many choices. Part of freedom is not to exercise those freedoms. There are huge sections of restaurant menus that I don't have to deal with - it saves me a lot of time.

What I've never understood is why carnivores get so defensive about vegetarians. Meat is a finite resource, especially in third world countries. If others chose not to eat meat, doesn't that leave more meat for the carnivores? True carnivores should encourage others to go veg, so all the choice cuts go to them. That's what I used to do when I was carnivorous.

sanjuro_ronin
07-22-2008, 11:59 AM
I'm pescatarian, which just made it into the dictionary (http://www.webstercitynews.com/page/content.detail/id/501789.html) (thank you very much!) Actually that doesn't describe my diet perfectly. My Shaolin master, Shi Decheng, told me that I shouldn't eat anything that screams when you kill it. So I eat fish (if they scream, I can't hear it), reptiles and amphibians (although I'm not that fond of them, especially not turtles and frogs) and bugs (but it's hard to find well prepared bugs in America).

I restrict my diet mostly for the discipline of it. It's part of being Buddhist. Also, Pamela Anderson (http://www.petaliterature.com/prodinfo.asp?number=VEG269) told me too. It actually makes my life easier. In America, we're inundated with so many choices. Part of freedom is not to exercise those freedoms. There are huge sections of restaurant menus that I don't have to deal with - it saves me a lot of time.

What I've never understood is why carnivores get so defensive about vegetarians. Meat is a finite resource, especially in third world countries. If others chose not to eat meat, doesn't that leave more meat for the carnivores? True carnivores should encourage others to go veg, so all the choice cuts go to them. That's what I used to do when I was carnivorous.

You do realize that if you choke the chicken it won't scream.

sanjuro_ronin
07-22-2008, 12:00 PM
for once it actually is safe for work.....im still in shock

Hey, I do nice stuff too, like this:

SimonM
07-22-2008, 12:06 PM
If I could afford to do so I'd restrict my meat consumption to fresh fish... unfortunately that's expensive and beef is (comparatively) cheap.

Old Noob
07-22-2008, 12:08 PM

Right on! Being a steaketarian (with some sporadic sushi and pork chops on board) I respect vegetarians keeping their hands off my ribeyes!

Choke chickens, don't eat 'em!

Lucas
07-22-2008, 12:15 PM
"What I've never understood is why carnivores get so defensive about vegetarians" (originally posted by the CROTCH MASTER)

vegiterians are fine, the only time they bother me is when they have the holier than thou attitude.

which is quite often. some just cannot give up the idea that they are better than other people just because they dont eat meat.

everyone has vices, and whether eating meat can be considered one, being ridiculed or demeaned for eating it is unnecessary.

its the same thing when some christians would look at others of differing religions, say buddhism or judaism, and truly believe they are going to a place full of fire, brimstone, pain suffering and be tortured for ever, simply because they dont give baby jesus handjobs every day.

SimonM
07-22-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm an omnivore... it's how we were built.

GeneChing
07-22-2008, 12:43 PM
We are holier than thou simply because our poop doesn't stink as much. Seriously. Go sniff some dog poop then sniff some cow poop. Meat poop stinks more. People made houses out of cow poop. They burned it for fuel. But you'd never do that with dog poop.

holier = less stinky poop.

:p

@PLUGO
07-22-2008, 01:26 PM
Dog poop stinks as a result of the terrible additives used in your typical dog food (wet or dry). Give a dog a quality RAW food diet and their poop will be significant less stinky. Aside from the health benefits to your dog, it'll make picking their poop up (a responsibility of any decent dog owner) that much less of an ordeal.

carry on,

Lucas
07-22-2008, 01:45 PM
I have this good vegan friend who has the raunchiest f@rts ive ever smelled.

GeneChing
07-22-2008, 02:58 PM
Now, there's significant difference between ****s and poop. For instance, it's funny to **** in an elevator. Pooping there is an act of war.

And as for dog poop due to additives, that doesn't invalidate the point that no one makes houses from dog poop or uses it for fuel. In the third world, especially India and Africa, cow poop is a major resource for it's homebuilding and fire fueling usefulness.

Which begs the question: Do you support unnecessary poop for personal gain/entertainment? Isn't that what this forum is all about? Noooo. It's all about making rent (http://www.martialartsmart.net/index.html).

Lucas
07-22-2008, 03:12 PM
There was this guy who i swear had a suit made out of dog poop....he hangs out downtown.

****ing in an elevator is at least an invitation for a skirmish isnt it?

@PLUGO
07-22-2008, 03:37 PM
So what happens if your dog ****'s in an elevator?

what if it's a guide-dog?

wouldn't smell be the only indicator?

Vash
07-22-2008, 04:24 PM
As has been stated, we are designed as omnivores. It would be unnatural for use, health concerns considered, to have a diet which varies from our nature.

That, and meat tastes like murder and murder tastes good.

unkokusai
07-22-2008, 04:36 PM
Dog poop stinks as a result of the terrible additives used in your typical dog food (wet or dry). Give a dog a quality RAW food diet and their poop will be significant less stinky. Aside from the health benefits to your dog, it'll make picking their poop up (a responsibility of any decent dog owner) that much less of an ordeal.

carry on,

I dunno man, our dog gets the best home made food we can fix up for him and his **** still stinks.

TenTigers
07-22-2008, 04:54 PM
I put rubber bands in my dog's food. This way, when they come out, they have little handles on them and it's easier to pick up, or hurl at someone.
I like vegetarians-if they're marinated and grilled just right.

monji112000
07-22-2008, 05:01 PM
ok let me rephrase

namely animals.

if by gain you mean I eat them.. YES. 100%

David Jamieson
07-22-2008, 05:36 PM
no.

but fighting as a sport isn't unnecessary anymore than going to work at general motors is.

At one, you are doing your best to get through a beating and give one too.

At the other, You have to wear a mouthguard and a cup!

sanjuro_ronin
07-23-2008, 04:29 AM
I put rubber bands in my dog's food. This way, when they come out, they have little handles on them and it's easier to pick up, or hurl at someone.
I like vegetarians-if they're marinated and grilled just right.

You sir, are a revolutionary !!

golden arhat
07-23-2008, 10:37 AM
Protein is an essential part of human diets and, while I am aware of the protein intake methodologies of vegetarians, the make up of our teeth and the position of our eyes in our heads clearly demonstrate that we are, by nature, omnivors. Thus, I view eating meat as a necessity and in tune with my nature. Your choice to take your protein by other means, while inconsistent with our physiological deveopment as a species, is fine. You just shouldn't judge others for not following along.

BTW, did you answer my question on the other thread re: carnivorous animals? Are they vile oppressors too?

it is totally in tune with nature to consume protein by easier means than breeding animals in large numbers and killing them for it

i'm sure at one point it was necessary to eat meat
no longer

notice that our digestive tract is huge unlike that of a lion or a bear which is very short so that the meat doesnt rot in its gut.

SimonM
07-23-2008, 11:24 AM
On the flip side of that our digestive tract is not as extensive or complex as that of a cow, which was designed to process just plant matter.

sanjuro_ronin
07-23-2008, 11:30 AM
On the flip side of that our digestive tract is not as extensive or complex as that of a cow, which was designed to process just plant matter.

You know what is funny about all that meat rotting in you for years and years?
How it all magically goes away when you take an enema to do a intestinal tract ultrasound !
I have a cousin how is an ultrasound and x-ray technician and the stories she has !
LOL !

KC Elbows
07-23-2008, 11:55 AM

Evolution is cool. The logical conclusion is that the fittest species will adapt to the fit the most sustainable, varied diet. Ones that rob Peter to pay Paul, like modern corporate ranching, which irrevocably alters the environment in ways that aren't helpful to humans or anyone else, are not the future any more than gas guzzlers were in the past, and a society that can adapt to the obvious future, instead of waiting until change is a rushed emergency measure, will be the one that does best.

It's like Gene was getting at, liberty involves not choosing some things in order to maintain liberty for its own sake, as opposed to for personal pleasure. Of course we will all have a learning curve involved, but it is clear that the post WW-II lifestyle in America was the result of an economic trick of events that had the rest of the world in ruins: as the rest of the world rises and emulates us, we begin to see that oil, water, and food management must change, and thus, the culture must change.

SimonM
07-23-2008, 12:02 PM
But I haven't defended factory farming. Simply commented that human beings are omnivorous and that a certain level of meat is, for many people, a necessity for the maintenance of good health.

Thus vegetarianism, while certainly a commendable practice, is not one that is necessarily for everyone and those people who chastise omnivores for the terrible crime of (gasp) eating a skinless chicken breast should have their heads brought forcably into contact with a cocoanut.

KC Elbows
07-23-2008, 12:13 PM
But I haven't defended factory farming. Simply commented that human beings are omnivorous and that a certain level of meat is, for many people, a necessity for the maintenance of good health.

So, some people have evolved past meat eating, and some haven't? Can you point out the studies that show this?

I will say that doing without meat takes some knowledge, and that knowledge takes a while to accumulate, but I've never seen much solid evidence saying it can't be done, though my point is that some meat may be fine, and a way to get lots of protein, it is when people go to excess, which, in America, is most people most of the time, that problems arise and ethical issues really are a concern.

Thus vegetarianism, while certainly a commendable practice, is not one that is necessarily for everyone and those people who chastise omnivores for the terrible crime of (gasp) eating a skinless chicken breast should have their heads brought forcably into contact with a cocoanut.

I have not said as much, I simply point out that the industry itself is excessive, even repeating the "unnecessary" clause to make clear that moderation is good. IF someone eats more meat than they need, they create the demand for more pens and more killing, there is no escaping this, and it's unnecessary and cruel.

I recognize that some people will eat meat, but the reality in America is that Americans on the whole eat too much solely out of custom, not from need, and this not only makes the animals being fed on suffer, but it makes them less healthy because of the sheer numbers being handled. Fortunately, with the rising costs of things like transport, this might get mitigated a bit, and the rising cost of healthcare could drive people to healthier lifestyles, but it bears repeating that most Americans don't eat one chicken wing.

SimonM
07-23-2008, 12:55 PM
So, some people have evolved past meat eating, and some haven't? Can you point out the studies that show this?

What? Que? Shenme? I never suggested that any sort of evolution was involved anywhere. There is variation in personal biochemistry from one individual within a group to the next.

Vegetarians are not more highly evolved than anyone else.
Nor are carnivores.

Lucas
07-23-2008, 12:58 PM
So this thread has enlightened me to the fact that nailing squirels to the tree in my backyard is bad.

Lucas
07-23-2008, 01:02 PM
My first sifu was raised in a monestary in cambodia until his early teens. Being raised buddhist and vegiterian, he never left this practice.

in his older years he began to have mild health complications.

his doctor orderd him to start taking in light amounts of meat to correct his personal situation.

and before you start, i can assure you, he's educated on vegitarianism, probably more so than many vegitarians.

some people are just different.

small intakes of specific meats are now part of his regular diet.

Lucas
07-23-2008, 01:15 PM
this might be rude?

its from the 'other' thread.

you need

-meat
-fire
-salt&pepper

put salt & pepper on da meat
put da meat on da fire
see da juice n crackly fat
flip dat meat
take it off da fire
put it in yo mouf!

oooohhhhh yeaaahhhhh.

KC Elbows
07-23-2008, 01:22 PM
small intakes of specific meats are now part of his regular diet.

Small being the key word.

It doesn't require a vegetarian to criticize the eating habits of the average American consumer. A small amount of meat is all that is required of pretty much anyone, regardless of their knowledge of what vegetables are good for them.

After all, we evolved our digestive systems during a time we likely never got three squares.

SimonM,

I understand that no one is more evolved than anyone else, on the whole.

Lucas
07-23-2008, 01:33 PM
I fully agree with you.

I am definately a meat eater, yet there are surely times when the thought of eating meat kind of grosses me out. half the time i eat only vegis and fruit the other half i eat meat.

Im a big salad guy, but there are days where im just like "i need some meat today"

its kind of strange for me. often my meals will either have no meat, or meat will be the primary portion of the dish.

KC Elbows
07-23-2008, 01:47 PM
I fully agree with you.

I am definately a meat eater, yet there are surely times when the thought of eating meat kind of grosses me out. half the time i eat only vegis and fruit the other half i eat meat.

Im a big salad guy, but there are days where im just like "i need some meat today"

its kind of strange for me. often my meals will either have no meat, or meat will be the primary portion of the dish.

I usually think of it in the same terms as the gas guzzler thing. Seven years ago, I was working and my wife wasn't, but she bought an SUV. I made her return it, telling her I was not going to make one payment, much less buy gas, for something that ate more gas than we needed. Yes, I'm a sonnofavitch, but I was right, and saved a bundle once she found a reasonable car.

Now, it's clear that the excessiveness of the post WW-II American lifestyle, based on a temporary economic imblalance, was temporary, and any advantage must be attained through hard work and conservatism in personal choice, since the consumer drives so much. The American diet is, imo, equally temporary, especially once people start figuring out how flavorless some, not all, American foods are.

KC Elbows
07-23-2008, 01:51 PM
Also, I strongly believe that you have every right to marry other people who like salads, but sometimes just "need some meat today".:D

LoneTiger108
07-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Do you support unnecessary physical cruelty for personal gain/entertainment?

does anyone???

at all?

Yes. :mad: :rolleyes:

But that's just kung fu :eek: diet and all...

Lucas
07-23-2008, 01:58 PM
Also, I strongly believe that you have every right to marry other people who like salads, but sometimes just "need some meat today".:D

lol.

thats a great point in your previous post though.

Unfortunately the parents who laid claim to such volumes of consumption have passed this trait along to their children. the child obesity problem at least has been a pretty big issue for a few years now, and hopefully this will be the beginning of the trend on "cutting the fat" so to speak.

KC Elbows
07-23-2008, 02:17 PM
You know, I've met three people who had their stomach stapled, all much smaller people than me, and every one of them would sit there and eat easily three times as much food in one sitting as I could at one time AFTER having it done.

I'm sympathetic with people with thrift genes, I've got that as well, but the fact is, matter doesn't come from nowhere.

David Jamieson
07-23-2008, 03:26 PM
You know, I've met three people who had their stomach stapled, all much smaller people than me, and every one of them would sit there and eat easily three times as much food in one sitting as I could at one time AFTER having it done.

I'm sympathetic with people with thrift genes, I've got that as well, but the fact is, matter doesn't come from nowhere.

oh?

explain cell division. :p

KC Elbows
07-23-2008, 03:43 PM
oh?

explain cell division. :p

Cell division is when communists can't get along.

Next!:p:D

D-FENS
07-23-2008, 04:52 PM
If you don't want to eat meat, eat sh!t.

A billion flies can't be wrong.

David Jamieson
07-24-2008, 03:30 AM
If you don't want to eat meat, eat sh!t.

A billion flies can't be wrong.

that's pretty zen...not. :p

bodhitree
07-24-2008, 04:23 AM
as posted in another thread:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7519459.stm

eat soy=grow boobs

SPJ
07-24-2008, 08:46 AM
flies are not picky eaters.

most eat fruits. some even eat dead flesh/meat from an open sore/wound on an animal.

and of course they are attracted to dead carcass, too.

flies do eat meat.

:eek:

GeneChing
07-24-2008, 02:54 PM
Boobs on men was considered a sign of wealth in Chinese culture, probably because few got fat enough to have anything more then a chest full of ribs. Look a Chinese art. Many of the ruling men are depicted with boobs. Look at milofo (http://www.martialartsmart.net/70131.html).

Boobs are good. Bet you can't just eat one.

David Jamieson
07-24-2008, 03:19 PM
man...this thread is all over the place.

let's switch back...so as to avoid further discussion of man tittys.

thanks. :)

KC Elbows
07-24-2008, 03:25 PM
man...this thread is all over the place.

Well, we've got to milk it for all it's worth.

TenTigers
07-24-2008, 03:36 PM
what about back boobs? You know, the ones guys(and fat chiks) get on their backs?
That's for when two guys are slow dancing.
That's why I only date fat chiks.
Hung-Ga saying-"The hand never comes back empty"

David Jamieson
07-24-2008, 03:37 PM
and now, playing ninor_orujnas

got milk? (http://www.dailyhaha.com/_pics/gross_pink_bikini.jpg)

KC Elbows
07-24-2008, 04:23 PM
Gotta go for now, keep me abreast of what happens next.

BruceSteveRoy
07-25-2008, 12:46 PM
i was in vlaencia spain last week and there was a bullfight going on and my wife was intrigued and wanted to go see it. she was thinking about it being a cultural experience that she might never have the opportunity to see again. i refused to go watch and then explained what happens in a bull fight and she agreed that it is not something that she would enjoy watching. i am not trying to poo poo on the spanish culture but i have to say that bull fighting is somethign that should really be stopped.

SimonM
07-25-2008, 01:52 PM
That was so on-topic that, for a second, I didn't know why you were mentioning it. :D

TenTigers
07-25-2008, 02:26 PM
I gather they eat the meat afterwards? I am sure it has bad ch'i, due to the adreneline and panic in the bull's heart.
When you pick vegetables, do you pick them with love and kindness, so as not to disrupt their gentle spirits and not injest the bad ch'i as well?
This is why we can eat the old and infirm. They are unaware of who, what, and where they are. Death is thus humane, they maintain their good ch'i, and are good to eat.

David Jamieson
07-26-2008, 08:08 AM
that's two allusions to cannibalism so far tt.
I think you're gonna start making people wonder...a little. :p

TenTigers
07-26-2008, 05:31 PM
yeah, and my favorite Sci-Fi story was, "To serve Man" by Damon Knight

David Jamieson
07-26-2008, 08:31 PM
I like that simpsons version of that. :p

shrub
07-26-2008, 08:39 PM
I fully support unnecessary physical cruelty for personal gain/entertainment. I'm all for taking candies from small kids and stealing money from widows.