PDA

View Full Version : Iron Fist vs. Shang Chi - Who'd win?

HuangKaiVun
09-19-2001, 06:55 AM
I was inspired by the Batman vs. Daredevil debate to create this thread.

To my knowledge, there is no account of a fight between Shang Chi and Iron Fist.

My money is on Shang Chi.

BAI HE
09-19-2001, 01:23 PM
http://members.tripod.com/~rowdygrl/kfuc5.jpg

Abstract
09-19-2001, 03:14 PM
Iron Fist is no joke, but Shang Chi would whoop his behind...plus, last time i picked up a comic, Iron Fist can no longer summon the power of the iron fist..

JWTAYLOR
09-19-2001, 04:20 PM
I would win.

JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

sean_stonehart
09-19-2001, 04:49 PM
Ok... I hate to sound silly... but when did Danny come back to life? I've got the issue at home in plastic where he died as a result of the beating received from the kid with super strength received from some alien spores. #125...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats.

-- H.L. Mencken

HuangKaiVun
09-22-2001, 04:46 AM
Danny Rand Kai regained his "Iron Fist" in a 3 part miniseries called "Iron Fist 1-3".

I don't remember what brought Danny Rand Kai's physical body back to life, but he was drained and barely capable of summoning the Iron Fist when he was attacked by his sifu's son in the Himalayas.

That guy then went to K'un L'un and became the head of the monastery. Danny Rand Kai challenged the usurper and earned back the "Iron Fist".

Even at full strength with the "Iron Fist", Shang Chi would easily defeat Danny Rand Kai - as would Shang Chi's nemesis "Cat" (who actually beat Shang Chi in their first encounter).

Design Sifu
11-08-2001, 01:01 AM
it was revealed that the Iron Fist that Died was actually an immitation of the original Danny Rand, a sort of clone. Apparently on his last adventure to Kun Lun he was captured by the race of Plant people who inhabit the surrounding lands. They stuck him in a sort of cocoon that grew an exact replicaof him. Upon Death it reverted to it's original plant form.

His Girlfriend had Danny Rand's body disenteredfrom it's grave & found a pile of rotted plant debree in the coffin, Ala Swamp Thing. Seeking the "truth" She, along with NAMOR the Submariner & Powerman... ventured to Kun Lun where they eventually found the trapped Danny Rand who's Body & life had been vertually sucked out of him by that plant coccoon, which was growing ANOTHER Danny Rand clone.
After much fist-a-cuffs and such, he then returned to New York to attempt to retire but as usual returned to his (mis)adventures...

I'm just waiting for a writer with at least HALF a clue to take this charactor on!!! :rolleyes:

HuangKaiVun
11-08-2001, 06:56 AM
I have acquired several of the Shang Chi comics.

Marvel really should reprint these into a graphic novel format.

I did find out that in the 1st Giant Sized Shang Chi Annual, Shang and Iron Fist go at it with tongs and hammer.

I have not seen that book, but I'll predict that Shang and Iron Fist fought to a draw.

Kristoffer
11-12-2001, 12:30 AM
Shang Chi would win :D
Make it a new one marvel! By Joe madureira and Palmiotti (he who inked Daredevil, I think thats his name). written by... hmmm Erik Larsen :D
What do u think?

~K~
"maybe not in combat.. but think of the chicks man, the chicks!" -- someone on the subject of back-flips in combat --