PDA

View Full Version : Bagua coiling like a swimming dragon

kung fu fighter
07-31-2008, 08:05 PM
How does one train coiling like a swimming dragon in bagua?

wiz cool c
08-01-2008, 07:52 AM
if you practice Bagua you will learn coiling. It's in every thing you do in Bagua.

kung fu fighter
08-01-2008, 03:49 PM
How do you use the kwa/waist area to coil?

wiz cool c
08-01-2008, 09:22 PM
Do you have a teacher? I'm no Bagua expert I don't really know how to answer that. But if you are practicing the forms and circle walking the kwa gets used.

Dale Dugas
08-02-2008, 05:26 AM
How do you use the kwa/waist area to coil?

This is something that you cannot learn online and you must visit someone in order for them to show you how it is done.

Anytime you are in the Boston/Cambridge area come by and I will show you how Jiulong Baguazhang works the kwa.

It is not the waist but more the entire lower torso as it attaches to the upper legs.

Be well, train hard and heal quick.

Dale

Chris-H
08-12-2008, 05:32 AM
Like Mr. Dugas said.
The kua is the main attachment area for the upper and lower body.
I have heard the analogy before of the kua being similar to twisting a sponge. As you twist the sponge, the power loads. As the twist in the sponge relaxes the power comes out.

kung fu fighter
08-12-2008, 10:29 AM
I've heard some people refer to the kwa as being from the top of the femour bone to the floating ribs which includes the sacrum, glutes and waist muscles.

when initiating movements form you center in the internal arts, is your intent on moving the hip bone itself or the waist muscles?

mixjourneyman
08-13-2008, 08:34 AM
You turn your hips and keep your waist and torso more or less straight. The body is divided into three sections turning at opposite angles, thats what dragon body refers to.