PDA

View Full Version : The One

TatewakiKuno
10-01-2001, 05:28 AM
Who's gonna go see this awesome movie!! Its jet li vs. jet li!!! Wowzers, I heard its supposed to be internal fighter vs. external so its something to look forward to.

eviljungle
10-01-2001, 07:19 PM
I'm SOthere. :D

shaolinboxer
10-02-2001, 06:58 PM
Hellz yeah. I love that preview clip where he overhead swings a motocycle.

"She ain't got no muscles in her teeth."
- Cat

Abstract
10-03-2001, 02:41 AM
from the interview i read w/Jet Li, he said the 'good' Li will fight w/Bagua, because it's a 'circular' art & is willing to wait for good things to happen, and has patience, etc, and the 'bad' Li fights w/Xingyi, cuz he wants everything nownowNOW, and it's a more 'linear' art....that was what the article said...please don't get in my a$$ about the art's descriptions, i know that was terrible, but that's what the article said......

but yea MAN!! imma check it out, mos def! ;)

-------------------------
In mildness is the strength of steel

GeneChing
10-03-2001, 06:14 PM
NOV/DEC 2001 should be on the stand right about now. Our cover story is on Jet Li, with an additional story on the ONE's fight choreographer Corey Yuen (martial brother of Jackie & Sammo.) Also it is our Internal Power Special with indepth coverage of Xingyi & Bagua. Enjoy!

Gene Ching
Asst. Publisher
Kungfu Qigong Magazine & www.KUNGFUmagazine.com (http://www.KUNGFUmagazine.com)

Chang Style Novice
10-04-2001, 12:07 AM
I like my kung fu movies kung fu oriented, not sfx oriented, thankyewvuramuch. I'll probably eventually rent it for the scenes where he fights other characters, but for Jet vs. Jet? Bleh.

jun_erh
10-04-2001, 10:57 PM
I've seen this. They have it at the store I go to here in Boston. It's very good, on par with other mainland classics like Undaunted Wutang. One thing, it's an awful lot like "The Chinese Connection". It's the same story with alot of the same characters, which may explain why it wasn't picked up by one of the other video companies. :D

Silumkid
10-05-2001, 01:32 AM
"The Honor of Dong Feng Zhi" I think is what that is called...I have a copy of it but haven't watched it in a while as I really didn't think that much of it. It was pretty slow if I remember right.

We are trained in wushu; we must protect the Temple!

Xebsball
10-05-2001, 07:13 AM
I just hope i get to see it here.

Kiss of the Dragon, for example, never showed up here :(

"Faltou luz mas era Dia, o Sol invadiu a sala. Fez da tv um espelho, refletindo o que a gente esquecia."

Felipe Bido
10-05-2001, 04:11 PM
I'm gonna see Kiss of the Dragon tomorrow. I am waiting for The One, just to check Jet Li's Xingyi...I hope gets it right.

-When it comes my turn...will you want me to go?
-For Democracy any man'd give his only begotten son.

GeneChing
10-08-2001, 12:04 AM
We actually even have a short sidebar piece on this movie in the Jet Li/Internal Power special on stands now. Just keep up with our magazine - we gotcha covered. :cool:

Gene Ching
Asst. Publisher
Kungfu Qigong Magazine & www.KUNGFUmagazine.com (http://www.KUNGFUmagazine.com)

Design Sifu
11-08-2001, 01:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
Saw it yesterday

AMAZING. That's all I can say. Here's the lowdown.

We all know the plot. Evil JetLi from a parallel universe comes to kill good JetLi, who is a cop. There are two 'Multiverse Enforcers' that come along also to try to stop evil Jetli. All of this is secondary.

When I saw this flick it was at a nice theatre with great sound and I was jacked up on caffeine. I strongly recommend everyone else view the film under the same conditions. [wink]

The fighting is first rate. Even the sci-fi stuff were Evil JetLi hits a guy with a motorcycle.

The JetLi vs. JetLi fights are everything you'd hope they'd be and more. Good Jetli uses Baguazhang and Evil Jetli uses Xingyi. INCREDIBLE fighting.

The only negative point about this movie is that one of the Multiverse cop guys is a real choad. Lame character. Otherwise it's a GREAT flick. Go see it.
[/quote]

eviljungle
11-08-2001, 10:47 PM
Thanks Design Sifu!