PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Training Drills

WinterPalm
08-01-2008, 03:30 PM
What sort of drills do you guys really like to do in class?

I like counters to leg strikes, and a boxing and takedown drill we do. Basically one guy can throw any punches and randomly shoot in for a double leg. The other guy defends, circles, and tries to stuff the takedown. We also do the same thing with boxing and then straight kicks instead of takedowns (a personal weakness as I leave my stomach open too much).

How about you guys?

Scott Meneely
08-02-2008, 06:58 PM
I like grip fighting in judo, or pummeling. Both are competative, but have a specific objective.

I like boxing drills where the focus is slipping and countering.

Clinch wrestling with knees is pretty fun too.....

David Jamieson
08-03-2008, 05:05 AM
Destructions and neutralization.

TenTigers
08-03-2008, 09:40 AM
sporting clays

TenTigers
08-03-2008, 12:00 PM
any drill that has me fighting with my teachers and Si-Hings, and me takin a whupping, is usually the one that develops the most improvement.

mkriii
08-07-2008, 08:51 AM
I like kicking drills. My favorite is a three man kicking drill. One guy in the center holding a focus shield and then 1 person on each side. The two kickers take turns throwing rear leg roundhouse kicks alternating back and forth after each kick. You want to try to throw the kicks as fast as you can and as hard as you can. You go like this for 2 or three minutes then rotate people so that the person holding the focus shield can kick. You keep on rotating for a couple times.

SimonM
08-07-2008, 08:59 AM
foightin' :D