PDA

View Full Version : Infertility

packard
08-03-2008, 12:40 PM
Hi All,

how is infertility explained in TCM and is there a general needling prescription that can help?

P

Dale Dugas
08-03-2008, 05:58 PM
You want to visit a local trained acupuncturist and not get this kind of info from the net.

Royal Dragon
08-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Maybe he is just curious, and has no real problem that would warrant seeing a real doctor, or paying the fee just to answer a simple question..

herb ox
08-08-2008, 12:59 AM
It's true, though, infertility can be attributed to many different causes, each with their own prescription and herbal formula. Is it a male or female who is infertile? I spent 3 weeks learning all the different types of infertility in women and men in my TCM OB/GYN class. It's complicated stuff.

The answer is NO - No general point prescription for infertility is used. Maybe not even a single common point or herb.

If you want more info, give us some more specifics for information's sake only, of course.

peace

herb ox

couch
08-09-2008, 07:41 PM
It's true, though, infertility can be attributed to many different causes, each with their own prescription and herbal formula. Is it a male or female who is infertile? I spent 3 weeks learning all the different types of infertility in women and men in my TCM OB/GYN class. It's complicated stuff.

The answer is NO - No general point prescription for infertility is used. Maybe not even a single common point or herb.

If you want more info, give us some more specifics for information's sake only, of course.

peace

herb ox

As a Registered Acupuncturist in Canada, Herb Ox is right.

The way I see it for female fertility is that it's all about the perfect period. No PMS, cramping before, during or after menses, no back pain before during or after menses, no clotting, etc. If the period is completely regular and the woman doesn't even know it's coming or happening - chances are things will work out quite well in the fertility department. This is how I see/deal with things.

For the male, generally it's about tonifying a Kidney Yang energy. But I would have to look at other fertility issues here such as erectile dysfunction, etc.

Basically, even though I'm not the greatest fan of the western medical establishment, I do like it when a couple gets fertility testing. Then I can know if it's primary (woman) or secondary (man) infertility.

Hope this helps. Feel free to PM me or go to harbourhealth.ca and send me an e-mail from there. Won't post my e-mail here for spam reasons.

Best,
Kenton

mawali
08-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Hi All,

how is infertility explained in TCM and is there a general needling prescription that can help?

P

Any prescription is based on the individual patient's diagnosis!
The one size does not fit all in TCM. They may all be kidney defiiciency with involvement of heart, spleen, etc with a nutritional component of estrogen predominance and lack of essential nutrients. Extent unknown!

Raipizo
08-20-2008, 07:09 PM
i heard riding bikes may cause it

Doc Stier
08-21-2008, 12:11 PM
By way of introduction to this post, I hold a Master of Science Degree (M.S.) and a Doctorate Degree in Oriental Medicine (O.M.D.) as a result of living and studying the Classical Five Element Phase Method, and several other methods, in Hong Kong nearly 40 years ago. I also have approximately 35 years of professional clinical experience with these methods to date. During the course of my clinical career, I have successfully treated hundreds of patients either for female infertility or for male impotence. I have even had babies named for me in appreciation of the help rendered. :)

Generally speaking, the older Classical Oriental/Chinese Medicine views such health conditions to be directly related to depletion and deficiency of the Water Element Phase internal organs, and their respective energy meridian channels, namely Kidneys and Urinary Bladder. In each case, a standardized 4-6 point acupuncture prescription to tonify and supplement the renal physiology and energy dynamics completely resolved the problem.

Complimentary treatment measures usually included prescribing specific Chinese herbal formulations to be prepared and consumed orally at home between treatment sessions as an herbal 'soup'.

In some instances, when the patient was willing to do so, specific Water Element exercises were taught to the patient as a self-help tool for daily practice at home. These exercises might include specific chi-kung postures, Tai-Chi Chuan postures, or Hsing-Yi Chuan postures taken directly from the form sets.

Additionally, other related Water Element Phase Correspondences are usually suggested to hasten the healing and balancing process. The combined use of these healing modalities in my personal professional practice has on average produced a 97% or better success rate, with no more than three patients out of every hundred treated who did not respond as expected with a complete resolution of their condition and its presenting physical symptoms.

Doc Stier