PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Lee movies

PHILBERT
10-09-2001, 11:05 PM
What are all the movies Bruce Lee (martial arts only) made? I know just 2:

Enter the Dragon
Game of Death

I know there is Fists of Fury, Chinese Connection, Way of the Dragon, etc. But I have seen SO many translations of names. Like somewhere, I read Chinese Connection and Way of the Dragon were the same or something. It is confusing as heck and was wondering what the movies were.

PHILBERT

jun_erh
10-10-2001, 03:50 AM
Enter the Dragon
Chinese Connection
Return of the Dragon
Fist of Fury
The Big Boss
Game of Death (not a real Bruce Lee movie, extensive use of doubles"

wufupaul
10-10-2001, 04:17 AM
Jun's list is pretty close, but Big Boss was Fist of Fury. He made 5 movies, and there is confusion between the names. The most common American names were: Chinese Connection, Fists of Fury, Return of the Dragon, Enter the Dragon, and Game of Death. That's what you'll usually find in the video stores over here. Fists of Fury also went by the name of Big Boss, Return of the Dragon went by Way of the Dragon, etc. Chinese Connection and Fists of Fury had different names, as they were originally released in Asia, and then later released in the U.S. with different names.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about
life. IT GOES ON.

Sleepflower
10-11-2001, 02:29 PM
Big Boss = Fist of Fury
Fist of fury = The Chinese Connection
Way of the Dragon was re-released after his death as Return of the Dragon
Enter the Dragon and Game of Death was unchanged.

PHILBERT
10-13-2001, 05:38 AM
Was Chinese Connection the one where he tells his mom he will be good and all, but some bad guys attack him? I know there is a scene where he takes on an entire dojo. But ok, I was at the video store the other day and they had Fists of Fury (2 versions, I only read the back of one) and it sounded like the Chinese Connection storyline. It said something like "Bruce Lee vowed to his parents never to use his unique ability again, until some bad guys come into his life and disgrace his tradition and he must defeat them". I dunno, I didn't grab the other box (I should have) to see if they were similar story lines (they didn't have Chinese Connection there)

PHILBERT